blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP 2016
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP 2016  (Read 168088 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: October 31, 2016, 01:46:22 AM »

Just watched the wk Gg episode, it was pretty hilarious the guy sitting with aces shouting about how he was getting verbally abused.

Was also great seeing the other uk player running so deep.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: October 31, 2016, 01:13:09 PM »

Day 2 starts Monday at 4:30pm PT, airing at 5pm PT on ESPN2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: October 31, 2016, 02:00:12 PM »

Apparently Ruzicka's rail had "Czech your priviledge" t-shirts on last night. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: October 31, 2016, 03:03:24 PM »

Was it a standard 4-bet shove with 32bb for Kenny with AQcc six-handed?

Next pay jump nearly half a mill.

I wasn't watching live; only reading the updates. Likely to get a lot more in the middle (if not all) with Q high flop, but it just reads a little rash with AQ when playing deep enough to avoid the all in.
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #859 on: November 01, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »

Will k was gonna fold..Benger employed an all time great speech to get him to shove..audacious

Vayo's hair is lovely

I agree, Benger put on the pathetic strop to get WK to call as it had started to look like WK was considering folding. So well played to him for that.
However, his reaction after WK calls and wins the hand is despicable imo and showed off his true colours, as obviously those actions were not just used for the skill of a hand.

Vayo and Nikinski were a pair of c*cks, jumping on to the gang up mentality and they came across terribly.

I agree with Pleno, WK played great amongst the high emotions that his style creates.
He just has to stop tanking on inconsequential decisions, because that was just needless and would ruin poker going forward.

Time for a shot clock.

Twitter - @leeavy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 01, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »

Down to three

Qui Ngyuen still leads 197.6m; Gordon Vayo 89m, Cliff Josephy 50m.

All gtd $1.9m; $8m for 1st

http://ow.ly/qDmY305JhrC

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 01, 2016, 12:07:14 PM »

Will k was gonna fold..Benger employed an all time great speech to get him to shove..audacious

Vayo's hair is lovely

I agree, Benger put on the pathetic strop to get WK to call as it had started to look like WK was considering folding. So well played to him for that.
However, his reaction after WK calls and wins the hand is despicable imo and showed off his true colours, as obviously those actions were not just used for the skill of a hand.

Have to completely disagree with the bolded line and totally agree with the underlined/italic line...

I did think the same briefly that this was a ploy to get WK to snap and shove, however when you see Benger after the hand and he continues on his blow-up it's very obvious to me that it's just an utter meltdown from Griffen Benger, he is lucky that it's the mega cooler and there is no way he can really cost himself any money. It's close to impossible for WK to fold but if it's a genuine blow-up from Benger (which it was) then I think the only hand he can possibly have is AA. Easy to say isn't it when you're watching, if WK actually had a close decision, like AKo or JJ or something like that then I think Benger could easily have cost himself the hand, WK has enough about him to probably realise that GB wouldn't break like this if it was a light 4bet.

If it was an act from GB to get action then you would have seen him a bit calmer after the all-in (after all it's an act, right?) when he continues to totally lose his mind it's very very clear I think he's just absolutely cracked.

Lucky boy.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 01, 2016, 04:37:40 PM »

Even if Benger was putting on show with the blow up, it's completely justified due to the way Kassouf has behaved for the entire tournament.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #863 on: November 01, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »

Vayo's hair is lovely

Have to completely disagree with the bolded line and totally agree with the underlined/italic line...

I did think the same briefly that this was a ploy to get WK to snap and shove, however when you see Benger after the hand and he continues on his blow-up it's very obvious to me that it's just an utter meltdown from Griffen Benger, he is lucky that it's the mega cooler and there is no way he can really cost himself any money. It's close to impossible for WK to fold but if it's a genuine blow-up from Benger (which it was) then I think the only hand he can possibly have is AA. Easy to say isn't it when you're watching, if WK actually had a close decision, like AKo or JJ or something like that then I think Benger could easily have cost himself the hand, WK has enough about him to probably realise that GB wouldn't break like this if it was a light 4bet.

If it was an act from GB to get action then you would have seen him a bit calmer after the all-in (after all it's an act, right?) when he continues to totally lose his mind it's very very clear I think he's just absolutely cracked.

Lucky boy.

Do you not think its possible he is capable of playing the hand well (i.e. in doing something outrageous to pee off his opponent into shoving) AND he is an absolute dirtbag and was letting his true personality come out AFTER WK shoves?

I personally think WK was maybe contemplating (incorrectly) about outrageously letting it go and that unprovoked personal attack (coupled with that to$$er Vayo piping in aswell) gave him the final sway into shoving (even though that was obviously the correct play anyway).

With all the speech play the same from WK, I just think Benger wouldn't have had that strop at all if he had got a beatable preflop hand and didn't want WK to shove (i.e. if he had AK, JJ, QQ and would therefore be leaving himself to call for a flip at best for his life) which suggests it was an act.
Theres no need for him to be that wound up about his tournament life being on the line, because if it is, its about to be on the line in the best spot a poker player can really dream of with 17 players left in the Main event.

Because he has the nuts, he was just going to keep quiet and hope for the shove, but then WK starts putting on pressure with his talk about laddering and "90k is 90k right?" etc and it is at that point Benger twigs that a strop would come across much weaker than keeping shtum.

Note the words he uses in his strop "you're being abusive to me, you're being abusive, its called verbal abuse'' and all that "check your privilege" nonsense….not really the words used in a genuine strop at someone imo.

Everything after the all-in is genuinely him being a scumbag though.

Is WK not on Blonde, really could do with his take on this?

Twitter - @leeavy
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 01, 2016, 04:56:21 PM »

Pretty sure that Benger himself said that he just lost the plot, and was embarrassed watching it back.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 01, 2016, 04:57:42 PM »

He'll get something together for you, and it'll likely be up in time for the next WSOP Wink

alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: November 01, 2016, 05:04:59 PM »

Even if Benger was putting on show with the blow up, it's completely justified due to the way Kassouf has behaved for the entire tournament.

Just for clarification, I have no problem with what Benger does IN the hand, as its all part of the game for me (i.e. do all you can to make opponents do what you want them to do, which is exactly what WK style is all about ironically).
Its everything that happens straight after the All-in that is disgusting for me.
And that includes the disgraceful lack of hand shakes and bitching from those pathetic weasels Niwinski, Vayo and Wong.

Lets be clear, WK never abuses, insults or breaks any rules during his time there and is just doing what he believes is the best way to win all the money, the same as everyone else would do.
Obviously his way of doing it is extremely annoying and if everyone did it, poker would be dead…
But introducing a shot clock to poker would sort that out though, not penalising him for some very sophisticated legitimate speech play which is what JE wants to do.

Twitter - @leeavy
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #867 on: November 01, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »

He'll get something together for you, and it'll likely be up in time for the next WSOP Wink

Ha, theres no doubt, no-one including himself, can defend the length of time he was taking for inconsequential decisions pre flop etc…
That is terrible for the game and totally needless, as it doesn't help himself either.

Twitter - @leeavy
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #868 on: November 01, 2016, 05:11:07 PM »

Pretty sure that Benger himself said that he just lost the plot, and was embarrassed watching it back.

Someone who can react like that after the All-in….I personally wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth…and I mean off the poker table too!

Twitter - @leeavy
alfiesdad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #869 on: November 01, 2016, 05:16:50 PM »

Someone who can react like that after the All-in….I personally wouldn't believe a word that came out of his mouth…and I mean off the poker table too!

The fact he keeps shouting that the king coming "won't change my life" could be just that evidence if what Rick Trigg said is right about him owing 7 figures before this tournament!

Twitter - @leeavy
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: