blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:52:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 669078 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: June 14, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »

Interested in what the consensus actually is for Trump's role in all this? Sure, he's shaking hands with the guy, but from what I've seen he's also said some stupid things and the main steps have been taken during the meetings between the North and South, not between Kim and America. I imagine the Winter Olympics played a big part in this too, so I guess a general question (but more aimed at the Trump fans itt), what has Trump himself personally done here other than shake the guy's hand?

This is exactly what I’m talking about, can’t possibly be Trump, nope.....must be everybody else.....we can’t possibly give that bellend any credit  Folded Arms
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: June 14, 2018, 09:43:31 PM »

Endless anti-Trump smuggery is feeling boring to me now. On the telly box I saw Trump and Kim shaking hands, walking in the gardens, slapping each other on the back. Not seen any other western leader doing that in recent times. Could be something interesting happening here.

Yup, some people simply can’t bring themselves to ever admit he’s ever done a single good thing....Obama would be getting absolutely lauded if he was in Trumps shoes this week.

Are you sure about that Andy?

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/fox-news-different-reactions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea

Very sure, Fox News’ stance on Obama and Trump is no surprise to anyone. Ask a liberal type trump hater and watch them grit their teeth at the very thought of saying anything positive.....

Your prejudice blinds you on this, as on UK issues. Trump gets credit when he acts sensibly and responsibly. He is much more liberal than the mainstream Republicans, never mind the right wing, on social issues and areas like healthcare and gun control, and he gets credit for that. And when he comes out with standard right-wing views, say on taxes, that you might hear from Bush, for example, it is at least a reasonable viewpoint that we might agree or disagree with, and is treated as normal discourse. But when the President comes out with ridiculous statements, as he frequently does, it gets the derision it deserves. Unfortunately, there are many times when these seem to outweigh the sensible stuff.

I don’t have any predudice because I really couldn’t give a monkeys either way about Trump. However it’s pretty clear even on this thread for example where he cops a lot of pisstaking and rarely if ever any positive comments. It’s that prejudice by people clearly tilted by him so hard they can’t bring themselves to say anything good.

I refer back to my comment regarding Obama would be getting huge praise if he was in trumps shoes on the North Korea issue. Then people can hardly say a good word about Trump on that issue, it’s quite funny actually......

Kim comitted to denuclearisation back in April when he met South Korea's president.   Let's just say it is unclear how much has been achieved this time.   Fair play if Trump plays his part in peace talk and if the North Korean people achieve freedoms. 

Not sure Obama would get universal plaudits for shaking hands with the tyrant.  People who have read about North Korea's past are bound to have reservations.

That statement about Obama is just wrong. He got praise from some outlets, but lambasted by the right-wing media and politicians for saying he would meet Kim, and have you forgotten already the reactions when he met Castro? I don't see liberal outlets or politicians laying into Trump on Korea the way Obama was crucified on those two occasions. Trump is getting a much fairer hearing than Obama did, but your prejudice against liberals leads you to make historically inaccurate assertions.

Wrong  Of course it’s not......

Obama was always going to get blasted my some people, but there was also a significant amount of praise for the very little he did, which obviously didn’t include anything as significant as actually meeting KJU. In comparison just look at the media right now about Trump, a large proportion of it is negative, 100% Obama would be getting a more positive balance of the press. Same on here, nearly all that hate Trump can’t bring themselves to say anything positive about him because the are predjudiced. Go on.......admit it.........you are too.....

Surely to be prejudiced you have to be making assumptions about him without evidence?  There is plenty of evidence that he has behaved awfully in numerous situations already.  As a result I don't see any reason to praise him right now.   

Why do you feel the need to always take his side if you are as unbiassed as you say you are?

What do you think he has done here that wasn't agreed already with the South Koreans?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: June 14, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »

Endless anti-Trump smuggery is feeling boring to me now. On the telly box I saw Trump and Kim shaking hands, walking in the gardens, slapping each other on the back. Not seen any other western leader doing that in recent times. Could be something interesting happening here.

Yup, some people simply can’t bring themselves to ever admit he’s ever done a single good thing....Obama would be getting absolutely lauded if he was in Trumps shoes this week.

Are you sure about that Andy?

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics/fox-news-different-reactions-regarding-negotiations-with-north-korea

Very sure, Fox News’ stance on Obama and Trump is no surprise to anyone. Ask a liberal type trump hater and watch them grit their teeth at the very thought of saying anything positive.....

Your prejudice blinds you on this, as on UK issues. Trump gets credit when he acts sensibly and responsibly. He is much more liberal than the mainstream Republicans, never mind the right wing, on social issues and areas like healthcare and gun control, and he gets credit for that. And when he comes out with standard right-wing views, say on taxes, that you might hear from Bush, for example, it is at least a reasonable viewpoint that we might agree or disagree with, and is treated as normal discourse. But when the President comes out with ridiculous statements, as he frequently does, it gets the derision it deserves. Unfortunately, there are many times when these seem to outweigh the sensible stuff.

I don’t have any predudice because I really couldn’t give a monkeys either way about Trump. However it’s pretty clear even on this thread for example where he cops a lot of pisstaking and rarely if ever any positive comments. It’s that prejudice by people clearly tilted by him so hard they can’t bring themselves to say anything good.

I refer back to my comment regarding Obama would be getting huge praise if he was in trumps shoes on the North Korea issue. Then people can hardly say a good word about Trump on that issue, it’s quite funny actually......

Kim comitted to denuclearisation back in April when he met South Korea's president.   Let's just say it is unclear how much has been achieved this time.   Fair play if Trump plays his part in peace talk and if the North Korean people achieve freedoms.  

Not sure Obama would get universal plaudits for shaking hands with the tyrant.  People who have read about North Korea's past are bound to have reservations.

That statement about Obama is just wrong. He got praise from some outlets, but lambasted by the right-wing media and politicians for saying he would meet Kim, and have you forgotten already the reactions when he met Castro? I don't see liberal outlets or politicians laying into Trump on Korea the way Obama was crucified on those two occasions. Trump is getting a much fairer hearing than Obama did, but your prejudice against liberals leads you to make historically inaccurate assertions.

Wrong   Of course it’s not......

Obama was always going to get blasted my some people, but there was also a significant amount of praise for the very little he did, which obviously didn’t include anything as significant as actually meeting KJU. In comparison just look at the media right now about Trump, a large proportion of it is negative, 100% Obama would be getting a more positive balance of the press. Same on here, nearly all that hate Trump can’t bring themselves to say anything positive about him because the are predjudiced. Go on.......admit it.........you are too.....

Surely to be prejudiced you have to be making assumptions about him without evidence?  There is plenty of evidence that he has behaved awfully in numerous situations already.  As a result I don't see any reason to praise him right now.  

Why do you feel the need to always take his side if you are as unbiassed as you say you are?

What do you think he has done here that wasn't agreed already with the South Koreans?

Yes he has behaved badly in many scenarios, not suggesting otherwise.

I’m not really taking his side, I’m just taking the piss......I think it’s funny that people can’t bring themselves to say anything good.

Regarding what he has done, don’t take my work for it, take the word of the South Korean president, and this was months ago before the meeting even happened.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-42636101

And that’s before you even consider things like he’s the most important leader in the world, key ally of S K, resposible for pushing for harder sanctions and getting China to finally apply pressure which could have been one of the reasons NK finally came to the table, the leaders of any military action if it ever happened. The list goes on.....

I didn’t see Obama getting off his arse to make shit happen, but that’s what Trump does......
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 10:26:29 PM by Woodsey » Logged
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: June 14, 2018, 11:09:58 PM »

Trump took it to the world stage so put Kim under big pressure to follow through vs standard agreement.

Figure he also ran some very alluring numbers. Let's be honest N Korea looks well shit, people digging in the mud for meagre crops, all those sanctions, depressing. Kim could be rich beyond his wildest dreams and a hero to the people with some capital injection. Kim seems like a big ego, like all the crazies, wanted to be taken seriously and have a place at top table. In that regard I think Trump has really delivered. I mean he did that good cop bad cop thing all on his own.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: June 15, 2018, 01:22:04 AM »

Trump took it to the world stage so put Kim under big pressure to follow through vs standard agreement.

Figure he also ran some very alluring numbers. Let's be honest N Korea looks well shit, people digging in the mud for meagre crops, all those sanctions, depressing. Kim could be rich beyond his wildest dreams and a hero to the people with some capital injection. Kim seems like a big ego, like all the crazies, wanted to be taken seriously and have a place at top table. In that regard I think Trump has really delivered. I mean he did that good cop bad cop thing all on his own.

This is the first actual answer to my question about what he's actually done (only took a few pages and one person somehow making out I was being anti Trump by just asking what he's done, impressive work guys!). This standpoint makes a fair bit of logical sense and it fits with how batshit crazy the man seems to be. Anyone got any counter to this? I mean I know the second bit is speculation but it does fit imo, the first bit I think it was already on the world stage but Trump certainly made a huge amount of noise about it.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: June 15, 2018, 09:40:37 AM »

This is the first actual answer to my question about what he's actually done (only took a few pages and one person somehow making out I was being anti Trump by just asking what he's done, impressive work guys!). This standpoint makes a fair bit of logical sense and it fits with how batshit crazy the man seems to be. Anyone got any counter to this? I mean I know the second bit is speculation but it does fit imo, the first bit I think it was already on the world stage but Trump certainly made a huge amount of noise about it.

I think I saw an article which suggested something like the second bit. Basically Trump is an old school salesman/hustler - everyone else would be too cynical these days to fall for it but N Korea's been cut off for so long that Trump would actually be believed there Cheesy

FWIW I always thought Trump had the potential to do 'good', as has been mentioned before many of his personal beliefs are much better than mainstream Republicans but also he seems to often be influenced by the last person he spoke to. If that's a person with a sensible idea - he'd end up doing sensible things.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2616 on: June 15, 2018, 09:58:45 AM »

I think he has nice hair.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: June 15, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »

I think I saw an article which suggested something like the second bit. Basically Trump is an old school salesman/hustler - everyone else would be too cynical these days to fall for it but N Korea's been cut off for so long that Trump would actually be believed there Cheesy

FWIW I always thought Trump had the potential to do 'good', as has been mentioned before many of his personal beliefs are much better than mainstream Republicans but also he seems to often be influenced by the last person he spoke to. If that's a person with a sensible idea - he'd end up doing sensible things.

I like the last two sentences, seems to me he’s just astonishingly dumb, which doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Well done to him for anything good that comes about while he relentlessly shows the world what a thick c*** he is. The comment about the parents of the soldiers who died in the Korean War really does show how dumb he is and that he is just an inveterate liar.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 10:07:45 AM by kukushkin88 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: June 15, 2018, 03:09:45 PM »

TRUMP on Kim Jong Un (note the final two sentences):

"He's the head of a country, and I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

Cheesy

if they don't pay attention mate, they get fire-bombed or tortured!

my people!!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: June 15, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »

25% import tariff on bourbon? Shit's got way too real.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 15, 2018, 04:37:57 PM »

"He's the head of a country, and I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different. He speaks and his people sit up at attention. I want my people to do the same."

Cheesy

my people!!

How would you approach negotiations with Kim mate? Here Trump says nothing that isn't true and achieves a little something in return.

He reassures, flatters with recognition of strength. That's gotta be 2-3 Kimmy points right there.

Yet Kim is indeed the strong head of his country and when strong head's speak their people do indeed pay attention. Teeing him up to hopefully deliver a series of good news and positive words to the delight of the masses. I imagine Trump also hopes to be considered a strong leader, who delivers good news and positive words to his American people and they pay attention. It's really just something and nothing.

The only negative really is the insinuation. Yet he is driving a scenario that appears to be moving away from the bombing and torturing. So let's simply support him in those efforts. Seems like a more holistic mindset for people than scoring points, negative angles and spitting image style jokes. I'm willing Trump on here and find it perplexing that many relish every bump in the road instead.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: June 15, 2018, 04:57:10 PM »

I think its fake diplomacy

Achieved nothing much yet had the temerity to previously cancel the Obama/Iran deal which extracted significant concessions from the Iranians

Robert Kelly, an expert on inter-Korean relations at Pusan National University, described the summit as “even thinner than most sceptics anticipated”. Kelly was the man whose child famously interrupted his TV interview, by the by.

on the one hand, the bilateral agreement contains little but vague promises and aspirations. Most importantly, we are no further forward in terms of the key issue of denuclearisation.

on the other, to be fair, we can look at where we are now in comparison to where we were a year ago, when Trump was calling Kim Jong-un “little rocket man” and threatening to rain “fire and fury” down on him. Today the fear of nuclear war that existed at that point has largely dissipated. so that's good.

As for one of my points in the post above "my people" the arrogance of the man, dictatorial language that was like fingernails on a blackboard for me personally

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2622 on: June 15, 2018, 05:39:15 PM »

Cheesy

my people!!

How would you approach negotiations with Kim mate? Here Trump says nothing that isn't true and achieves a little something in return.

He reassures, flatters with recognition of strength. That's gotta be 2-3 Kimmy points right there.

Yet Kim is indeed the strong head of his country and when strong head's speak their people do indeed pay attention. Teeing him up to hopefully deliver a series of good news and positive words to the delight of the masses. I imagine Trump also hopes to be considered a strong leader, who delivers good news and positive words to his American people and they pay attention. It's really just something and nothing.

The only negative really is the insinuation. Yet he is driving a scenario that appears to be moving away from the bombing and torturing. So let's simply support him in those efforts. Seems like a more holistic mindset for people than scoring points, negative angles and spitting image style jokes. I'm willing Trump on here and find it perplexing that many relish every bump in the road instead.

I don't relish his deportations, his blanket travel bans on whole ethnic groups, his opting out of the Paris agreement, his systematic destruction of everything Obama, his treatment of women....

I don't relish these things, but I do cite them as reasons for not liking him.

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is that he is such an object of derision? 

The older I get, the better I was.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: June 15, 2018, 07:01:59 PM »

Cheesy

my people!!

I don't relish his deportations, his blanket travel bans on whole ethnic groups, his opting out of the Paris agreement, his systematic destruction of everything Obama, his treatment of women....

Just out of curiosity, why do you think it is that he is such an object of derision? 

He doesn't fit the brief & offers up ample ammo for his oppos to spin negative rhetoric. That bias feels like a campaign to tell me how to feel about politics and world affairs. 

It's well unfortunate about travel bans, Obamacare and suchlike but this is progress with nuclear threats and human rights. With matters of this nature I'm prepared to put my like & dislike aside. Progress means people leaving personal preference at the door and getting down to business instead. He's said some dumb stuff but does seem to successfully capture the mood of 'his' people.

In this exact situation I think he has big strengths. Very volatile world packed with strong crazy leaders, you don't want a John Major shrinking violet type. You want a crazy on your side in a knife fight. Again I don't care for expert opinion because I saw Kim on the telly shaking hands with Trump and saying time for a new chapter. I didn't see that with a US president before.

Someone asked what Trump did? Not many of us live day in day out under the threat of war but I figure that would be a drag. Then next day you wake up and pay attention cos your leader is saying no more bombs, new chapter, better future. Every life in the country is immediately brighter. I can't fathom how that is insignificant or why Bob Kelly doesn't think it's +1.

It most certainly is fake diplomacy, Trump wants that Nobel, what a coup. Yet every life was brighter even still.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: June 15, 2018, 07:22:47 PM »

Cheesy

my people!!

He doesn't fit the brief & offers up ample ammo for his oppos to spin negative rhetoric. That bias feels like a campaign to tell me how to feel about politics and world affairs. 

It's well unfortunate about travel bans, Obamacare and suchlike but this is progress with nuclear threats and human rights. With matters of this nature I'm prepared to put my like & dislike aside. Progress means people leaving personal preference at the door and getting down to business instead. He's said some dumb stuff but does seem to successfully capture the mood of 'his' people.

In this exact situation I think he has big strengths. Very volatile world packed with strong crazy leaders, you don't want a John Major shrinking violet type. You want a crazy on your side in a knife fight. Again I don't care for expert opinion because I saw Kim on the telly shaking hands with Trump and saying time for a new chapter. I didn't see that with a US president before.

Someone asked what Trump did? Not many of us live day in day out under the threat of war but I figure that would be a drag. Then next day you wake up and pay attention cos your leader is saying no more bombs, new chapter, better future. Every life in the country is immediately brighter. I can't fathom how that is insignificant or why Bob Kelly doesn't think it's +1.

It most certainly is fake diplomacy, Trump wants that Nobel, what a coup. Yet every life was brighter even still.

All of it but particularly the last two paragraph’s really are wtf territory, drunk? high? some sort of meltdown? wtf are you saying? It isn’t cohesive English, it just doesn’t come close to making sense. Any explanation would be good, it’s just rambling nonsense so far.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 173 174 [175] 176 177 178 179 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: