blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:12:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668197 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: September 05, 2018, 12:50:10 AM »

Saw the carnival at the start, but has this guy got it right?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 05, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »

Bob Woodward has demonstrated over half a century of work that there’s no better or more reliable, credible, scrupulous or accurate observer and reporter of Presidents and Presidential politics. This is his book on Donald Trump. And it’s absolutely amazing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bob-woodwards-new-book-reveals-a-nervous-breakdown-of-trumps-presidency/2018/09/04/b27a389e-ac60-11e8-a8d7-0f63ab8b1370_story.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 05, 2018, 11:39:46 AM »

Saw the carnival at the start, but has this guy got it right?

Probably no-one disagrees with what he said. The system ain’t changing any time soon, though. Sasse’s plain speaking has had a lot of coverage and raised his profile with the public, so that’s all good.

The protests in the room are pointless, as are the Democrat objections. They aren’t about to change their vote because they read some extra documents. They could hold the vote at the start of the hearing, cos everyone already knows how they’re voting. The best comment I’ve seen was by Colbert - “but Kamala Harris has a point - she wants to be President”.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 05, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »

Not impressed by Kavanaugh at all after this clip...

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-parkland-father-approach-supreme-court-nominee-kavanaugh-1312696899888?v=raila&playlist=mmlsnnd_bestofnbc

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 05, 2018, 08:59:36 PM »

Yeah, that's quite odd, and does look pretty bad.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 06, 2018, 01:48:18 AM »

Yeah, that's quite odd, and does look pretty bad.

Why? If he recognised him, it's a attention-seeking gun control activist who opposes his appointment pulling some stunt. If he didn't, it's a potential risk from some random from the crowd that abused him. Either way, why go along with a set-up and do what someone who doesn't know you and shouldn't be there is forcing on you?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 01:52:37 AM by MintTrav » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 06, 2018, 02:26:59 AM »

Ah, I wasn't aware he was just trying to create a ruckus.

Maybe not such a bad look then.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 06, 2018, 10:03:56 AM »

The guy introduced himself and offered his handshake.

To turn your back without even acknowledging him shows the kind of society and political
divide we are now in.

He could have addressed the situation last night when a senator brought up what happened
but again he completely avoided answering the specifics of the incident.

On the flip side I have been quite impressed the way he has conducted himself in this charade ,
although yet to be convinced that when push comes to shove he will not be the swing vote in
the Supreme court.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 06, 2018, 10:16:27 AM »

Extraordinary opinion piece from an anonymous "senior official in the Trump administration"....

saying he among others actively work from within to thwart Trump's agenda

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 06, 2018, 10:30:00 AM »

I really can't see Trump lasting the full term.

Mueller investigation must be nearing it's conclusions and if the mid terms go the way of
the Democrats he's not going to get anything of consequence passed.

There are so many lawsuits surrounding the Donald surely at least one is going to push
him over the cliff.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 06, 2018, 11:45:41 AM »

Extraordinary opinion piece from an anonymous "senior official in the Trump administration"....

saying he among others actively work from within to thwart Trump's agenda

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Opinion piece on CNN saying it's not the place of officials to second-guess the elected President (and then just repeats the same point several different ways).

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/06/opinions/how-dare-a-senior-trump-official-arrogantly-subvert-an-elected-president-jennings/index.html
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 06, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »

Mueller investigation must be nearing it's conclusions and if the mid terms go the way of

There are so many lawsuits surrounding the Donald surely at least one is going to push
him over the cliff.

Correct me if this sounds like bollocks, but I feel like it might not be in the best interests of the Democrats to get rid of Trump if they win the mid-terms. Trump isn't just driving himself into the dirt, he's dragging his whole party down with him and is providing ammunition to the opposition for a long time to come. I think it would make more sense to let him stay, just block a bunch of the crazier shit that he comes up with but keep a record of it and then hide behind something like "it's hard to impeach a president, but we stopped him from ruining everything. The republicans nominated him, supported him, didn't get rid of him, they're responsible..."

If the republicans take the mid terms i think it's more interesting, and perhaps makes more sense for them to move to get rid of him. Either way they're going to look bad, but at least then they get to come out and see we got rid of him when we realised how crazy he was. Keep him in and you risk continuing to alienate a chunk of the voters, and giving the opposition a huge list of things to say at the next set of elections that will all be fresh in the public eye because Trump is still sitting.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 06, 2018, 12:51:56 PM »

him over the cliff.

Correct me if this sounds like bollocks, but I feel like it might not be in the best interests of the Democrats to get rid of Trump if they win the mid-terms. Trump isn't just driving himself into the dirt, he's dragging his whole party down with him and is providing ammunition to the opposition for a long time to come. I think it would make more sense to let him stay, just block a bunch of the crazier shit that he comes up with but keep a record of it and then hide behind something like "it's hard to impeach a president, but we stopped him from ruining everything. The republicans nominated him, supported him, didn't get rid of him, they're responsible..."

If the republicans take the mid terms i think it's more interesting, and perhaps makes more sense for them to move to get rid of him. Either way they're going to look bad, but at least then they get to come out and see we got rid of him when we realised how crazy he was. Keep him in and you risk continuing to alienate a chunk of the voters, and giving the opposition a huge list of things to say at the next set of elections that will all be fresh in the public eye because Trump is still sitting.

I agree that the Democrats will have a better chance of winning in 2020 if the Donald does complete his term
in office and , in my opinion , it would work against them if after winning the mid terms they try and go for
impeachment.

He is such a maverick and does things so impulsively I wonder whether he might one day just walk away from it all.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 06, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »

I know I am guilty of confirmation bias but when you get results like this I do think the next
President will be a woman.

Trump has energised more and more women to get involved in politics and have their say.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/04/politics/massachusetts-primary-democratic-direction/index.html
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: September 06, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

That's an odd word. Who would use a word like that?

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: