blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664708 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: May 03, 2016, 01:20:37 PM »

Totally unprecedented to have candidates who are so strongly disliked by so many people (data by @forecasterenten)

This (paraphrased) quote sums up how ridiculous this election is, from John Phillips:

"If Donald Trump is going to win the general election, he’s going to have to prove to the public that he’s not Adolf Hitler. If Hillary Clinton is going to win, she has to prove she's not Hillary Clinton."

It really has become an election of 'which one do you think would ruin the country the least?'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 03, 2016, 01:21:32 PM »

Not quite the whole picture

Indeed, much like the majority of this thread.

There are 138 Trump/Clinton polls on that site, maybe 10 give a Trump lead, and the one you put up is the first one since January.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 03, 2016, 01:51:53 PM »

With Trump and Clinton being disliked by such a high percentage of the electorate, the choice of running-mate is likely to be more important than in previous years.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: May 03, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »

With Trump and Clinton being disliked by such a high percentage of the electorate, the choice of running-mate is likely to be more important than in previous years.

Agree, kind of a good cop bad cop dealy.

Who do you think Clinton will pick?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 04, 2016, 02:36:47 AM »

Cruz has suspended his campaign!
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 04, 2016, 03:14:25 AM »

Incredible scenes. Given how unlikely it seemed he'd get the nomination at the start you've kinda got to admire the way he's steamrollered his opponents. It seems far less credible now to think he can't find a way to win the presidency despite the 'landslide defeat' fears among the GOP, after all he's up against Hilary Clinton. The Republicans surely need to realise this and unite behind their man now.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 04, 2016, 04:06:48 AM »

What an amazing, ridiculous day.

Just when you think this election can't get any more bizarre, and the Republican candidates can't sink any lower and become any less Presidential, you are proved wrong.

First Trump accused Ted Cruz' father of being involved in the JFK assassination. How random is that? Lindsey Graham tweeted "Any doubt left Trump is completely unhinged? His assertion Ted Cruz’s father was associated with Lee Harvey Oswald should remove ALL doubt."

Then Cruz decided to let it all out. He had clearly seen the Indiana figures and made a final desperate emotional statement that came across more as a concession speech than an attempt to influence people to vote for him.

"This man is a pathological liar. He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies - practically every word that comes out of his mouth.....He combines it with being a narcissist....The man is utterly amoral. Morality does not exist for him....Donald is a bully.....There is a reason Donald builds giant buildings and puts his name on them.....He is proud of being a serial philanderer.....he describes his own battles with venereal diseases as his own personal Vietnam."

I don't believe that Presidential candidates have ever described each other in such terms. Donald Trump Jr called it an "impressive meltdown" and "desperate", which didn't seem far off the truth.

The day finished with Trump winning the predicted landslide and claiming that Cruz should stand down, which he did.

The madness continues.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:09:01 AM by MintTrav » Logged
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #397 on: May 04, 2016, 10:46:04 AM »

If this didn't end with the winner getting their hands on the nuclear button, I'd probably support Trump at this stage just for the LOLs, the way he gets in people's heads reminds me of Fergie back in the glory days of Man U and the mind games with Keegan and so on.

Obvs I'm actually rooting for Clinton, which makes me sick to say, but its the least bad option.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 04, 2016, 12:41:32 PM »

If this didn't end with the winner getting their hands on the nuclear button, I'd probably support Trump at this stage just for the LOLs, the way he gets in people's heads reminds me of Fergie back in the glory days of Man U and the mind games with Keegan and so on.

Obvs I'm actually rooting for Clinton, which makes me sick to say, but its the least bad option.

The more I watch Trump, the more I see him as, quite literally, the nuclear option.

Just imagine the world where we're relying on all of Trump, Putin, and Kim Jong Un to be the one's not to push the button first, while in the background IS are trying to create as much fear and instability as possible.  Admittedly we have 3 out of the 4 pieces there already, but replacing Obama with Trump as the 4th piece doesn't bear thinking about.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: May 04, 2016, 12:50:16 PM »

The more I watch Trump, the more I see him as, quite literally, the nuclear option.

Just imagine the world where we're relying on all of Trump, Putin, and Kim Jong Un to be the one's not to push the button first, while in the background IS are trying to create as much fear and instability as possible.  Admittedly we have 3 out of the 4 pieces there already, but replacing Obama with Trump as the 4th piece doesn't bear thinking about.

Im still not sure who the real Trump is. Part of me really thinks he is a genius Frank Underwood type, but obviously he also clearly could be the Cartman dumbass we see at face value. It depends how he fairs against Hillary, IMO if he can actually win over some fence sitters and democrats by showing a calmer liberal side as some think he can, he is the Frank Underwood type. However if its all just name calling, then yes, he will blow the world up.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 04, 2016, 12:54:40 PM »

Im still not sure who the real Trump is. Part of me really thinks he is a genius Frank Underwood type, but obviously he also clearly could be the Cartman dumbass we see at face value. It depends how he fairs against Hillary, IMO if he can actually win over some fence sitters and democrats by showing a calmer liberal side as some think he can, he is the Frank Underwood type. However if its all just name calling, then yes, he will blow the world up.

Regardless of which one he truly is, if the persona he displays publicly always suggests the 'Cartman dumbass' then that's the one that others will react to.  Unfortunately, in Kim Jong Un, we seem to genuinely have a Cartman dumbass already and it's his reaction to something Trump says which scares me the most!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 04, 2016, 01:03:32 PM »

Trump might not drift to the centre too much like the final candidates tend to do, would possibly be hard for liberals to start having any faith in him given what he's come out with so far. May as well stick to the controversy that got him this far in the first place and hope more people think along his lines than are prepared to openly admit it. I think we saw elements of that with UKIP in our last election who turned out to be quite a bit more popular than anyone expected. 
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 04, 2016, 02:46:02 PM »

Trump has single handedly shifted the Overton window to the right more than any cuckservitive ever has. He doesn't need to move to the centre, the centre has moved to him.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:51:00 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 04, 2016, 02:54:15 PM »

Also, it's fascinating to observe the behaviour of American shitlibs. They say if Trump comes into power they'll move to......Canada.

Never Mexico.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 04, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »

Just imagine the world where we're relying on all of Trump, Putin, and Kim Jong Un to be the one's not to push the button first, while in the background IS are trying to create as much fear and instability as possible.  Admittedly we have 3 out of the 4 pieces there already, but replacing Obama with Trump as the 4th piece doesn't bear thinking about.

In short, we're fucked.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: