blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 04:59:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 682513 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: November 09, 2016, 07:45:01 PM »

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:25 PM »

Well, the world didn't end with a Trump victory. So what happens now? How many of his flagship policies will actually happen and how many will be consigned to the dustbin with the £350m for the NHS?

Whether by accident or by design he has a pretty broad range of avenues to pursue his policy goals since he rarely address how he was actually going to achieve them and when he did he would flip flop and usually outright deny saying the first thing despite the footage being there for all to see.

I guess I'm in denial because I still just don't see Trumps immigration enforcement team forcibly removing immigrants from schools and workplaces, but the markets are not.

The biggest stock riser is the largest provider of private prisons and immigration detention centres

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 09, 2016, 08:53:47 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 09, 2016, 09:33:43 PM »

Generally things seemed pro weed/ pro capital punishment/ pro republican and pro min wage increases?

Did I miss any issue that was heavily voted on?

How weird is all this too. Florida vote on GM mosquito release

I changed the link to make it easier to see what it relates to if people can't be bothered to click the link.

I'm not sure if it made it onto the ballot paper in the end, but I mentioned your post to my fiancee as she's studied this on her degree. She tells me one of her professor's has actually done this trial in Africa and it was broadly a success, so there's plenty of reason to try further tests to see if it'll work. As a side note she said that her professor spent a lot of the lecture explaining how hard it is to bring mosquitos through customs Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 09, 2016, 11:34:22 PM »

Generally things seemed pro weed/ pro capital punishment/ pro republican and pro min wage increases?

I changed the link to make it easier to see what it relates to if people can't be bothered to click the link.

I'm not sure if it made it onto the ballot paper in the end, but I mentioned your post to my fiancee as she's studied this on her degree. She tells me one of her professor's has actually done this trial in Africa and it was broadly a success, so there's plenty of reason to try further tests to see if it'll work. As a side note she said that her professor spent a lot of the lecture explaining how hard it is to bring mosquitos through customs Cheesy

I actually spent an hour or so reading about this last night. Would your fiaancee have voted in favour?  From what i read it seems like a bit of a no brainer but i do feel a bit of personal discomfort at thw thought of humans playing god. It might only take one big mistake to cause real problems, not that it really matters now when they have been tested 5 times. The arguments about which part of government deals with it is kinda funny.

Thanks for the link correction,  posting from mobile isn't the greatest.

What are people's thoughts on climate change? Read a lot today about how Trump might really affect previous agreements and this could really set the world back. America has been a stumbling block for a while and heading in the wrong direction here sends put a lot of bad signals globally.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 09, 2016, 11:53:29 PM »

Isn't about time you made an honest woman of your fiancee, have you named the day yet and are the blonde community invited to the wedding?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 10, 2016, 02:20:07 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 10, 2016, 02:48:55 AM »

Ooh,  it's all going on here.
People are out in force protesting, there are more police than you could ever imagine one city could have, helicopters circling,  sirens galore and they just rolled out a water cannon! 

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 10, 2016, 03:05:33 AM »

People are out in force protesting, there are more police than you could ever imagine one city could have, helicopters circling,  sirens galore and they just rolled out a water cannon! 

As I said a lot of parallels with Brexit, these are the US remoaners out in force.....
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 10, 2016, 03:11:50 AM »

Mint she is guilty of similar offences to Snowden no? She was careless handling classified information, she was found to have no intent and not be "innocent" as it were.

Yeah, she is the same as Snowden, who stole government information he was not authorised to have and passed it on to journalists, with no regard for the consequences, deliberately undermining international relations and quite likely leading to deaths, while she held government information potentially insecurely, and co-operated fully with the FBI investigation, which found nothing criminal occurred and there was no evidence that anyone got hold of any information they shouldn't have.

So her situation is just like Snowden's, except in every way possible.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:13:48 AM by MintTrav » Logged
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 10, 2016, 03:35:19 AM »

Would her use of the server not come under "unauthorised communication of national defence information"? I struggle to see how Comey can say without intent if no offence bad been committed?

I did use similar and a question mark because I wasn't sure and the case is still open.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 10, 2016, 04:27:43 AM »

Yeah, maybe. My point is that she was careless with information, rather than setting out to do something wrong.

Trump's threat seemed more aimed at fraud of some kind, possibly through the Clinton Foundation, which there is no evidence of.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 10, 2016, 05:12:27 AM »

Donald Trump's mother was British? Proper British, born and bred (not some American second-generation pretend-British), emigrating to the US at eighteen.

How did I not know that?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 10, 2016, 08:14:50 AM »

Do be careful.

Make sure you are back in the hotel before it gets dark, wear a vest, & have a spoonful of cod liver oil & malt before you go to bed.

x

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 10, 2016, 08:19:06 AM »

Mint she is guilty of similar offences to Snowden no? She was careless handling classified information, she was found to have no intent and not be "innocent" as it were.

Yeah, she is the same as Snowden, who stole government information he was not authorised to have and passed it on to journalists, with no regard for the consequences, deliberately undermining international relations and quite likely leading to deaths, while she held government information potentially insecurely, and co-operated fully with the FBI investigation, which found nothing criminal occurred and there was no evidence that anyone got hold of any information they shouldn't have.

So her situation is just like Snowden's, except in every way possible.

I'm currently reading "The Snowden Files", a book about the whole Snowden thing. Proper good read it is, too.

I'm just over half way through, & so don't know if he gets arrested, killed, sent to prison for life, holed up in a Foreign Embassy somewhere, or meets a beautiful young lady, gets married & lives happily ever after.

NO SPOILERS PLEASE.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: