blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:55:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664760 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: July 28, 2017, 07:51:50 PM »

Trump is still an awful public speaker, which is surprising, given how often he has had to speak over the last year.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 29, 2017, 12:27:17 AM »

Made me chuckle

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: July 29, 2017, 02:09:29 AM »

Click to see full-size image.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: July 29, 2017, 02:10:52 AM »

"Reince is doing a fantastic job at the White House. And I believe he has the President’s confidence." - Paul Ryan, Thursday.

"I have just named General/Secretary John F Kelly as White House Chief of Staff......I would like to thank Reince Priebus for his service....." - Donald Trump, Friday.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: July 29, 2017, 08:32:52 AM »

Trump must be one of the most successful men in the world, but do you think he's happy?

The older I get, the better I was.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:23 AM »

Priebus primer from the NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/28/us/politics/reince-priebus-white-house-trump.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: July 29, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »

quite the graph in this

http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2017/07/daily-chart-19?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/

My eyes are open wide
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: July 29, 2017, 09:47:06 AM »

Trump must be one of the most successful men in the world, but do you think he's happy?

Stupid and ignorant people are often happier than average!

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: July 29, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »

I read somewhere that he has less net worth now than what he inherited.

I think he's happy in the same way that Caligula and Idi Amin were.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: July 29, 2017, 10:24:48 AM »

Stupid and ignorant people are often happier than average!

I guess by the same logic, stupid and ignorant people with a billion dollars would be pretty bloody happy then Cheesy

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: July 29, 2017, 11:00:00 AM »

Extraordinary shot from the Oval Office of the stand-off between the old guy and the new buck.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: July 29, 2017, 12:13:32 PM »

What do we do if Trump really is crazy? - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/what-do-we-do-if-trump-really-is-insane/2017/07/28/f2100d3c-73bb-11e7-8839-ec48ec4cae25_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.2e17c8182876

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: July 30, 2017, 08:43:35 AM »

i like political cartoons!

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: July 30, 2017, 02:10:30 PM »

​Will Kelly be more successful as Chief of Staff? He comes with a big rep for discipline, but it all depends on how much leeway Trump allows him. Usually, the Chief of Staff rules the White House. He is the President's confidante and everyone has to go through him to speak with the President. None of that was the case with Priebus, with Trump allowing many to have direct access. He was an odd choice for the role, scarcely knowing Trump before last Summer, but he brought the Republican Party on-side when there was widespread talk of not supporting the Party's candidate, though the Campaign and the Party remained as two distinct groups, co-operating but very separate. His appointment was an attempt by Trump to keep the Party with him.

Priebus was a powerful person when he was at the GOP, rising to become Chairman of the whole national Party. He lectured all 50 State Party Chairmen (no shrinking violets themselves) on a group call and persuaded them to back Trump. Yet he seemed to shrink in stature at the White House. As he does, Trump inflicted various humiliations on him, the final cruel one being taking Scaramucci and Priebus on an awkward flight together on AF1 after Scaramucci's comments became public. When they landed back in DC, Priebus left alone, separate to the motorcade, while Trump started tweeting about Kelly replacing him. Kelly doesn't have a relationship with Trump either and we are told that WH insiders are sceptical that he knows enough about dealing with the Party to get things done. Priebus couldn't leverage Congress, despite him and Paul Ryan being best mates, both being from Wisconsin and having come to the fore together at a young age in the State. Kelly may be able to enforce the gatekeeper role, but finding rapport with the President will be difficult and where does he even start with influencing Congress?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: July 30, 2017, 02:16:41 PM »

A few more titbits have come out:

Scaramucci's wife filed for divorce this week - and apparently it is everything to do with Trump, who she can't stand. They've only been married three years, so it seems they're still finding things out about each other.

I can't remember who it was, but I heard someone say that the reason Scaramucci was so upset about his financial disclosure being published is that it showed that he is worth $85m, and now everyone knows he is the poorest person in the Trump team.

Seems strange to have to struggle with your own luggage on AF1 when you're one of the President's main people.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: