blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664670 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2910 on: October 15, 2018, 08:51:46 PM »

If he was chocolate....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-45861868

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: October 15, 2018, 09:04:57 PM »

The SNL one seems more realistic.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: October 29, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »

Absolute killer line from Andrew Gillum in the Florida Governor second debate.

“I’m not calling Mr. DeSantis a racist. I’m simplying saying the racists believe he’s a racist.”

DeSantis is the guy who made the monkey comment when Gillum was selected, though it’s clear there’s more to it than that. Florida is usually safe for Republicans and it has never had a black Governor, but Gillum is so clearly a much better candidate than DeSantis, that he seems to have a real chance of winning, with even some Republicans voting for him. Too close to call right now which, in itself, is a significant victory for Gillum.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: October 30, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »

Texas has belonged to the Republicans for years, but this time it is close. It should be an easy defend for Ted Cruz, who is a national figure and stood for President just two years ago, but it hasn't worked out like that, as Beto O'Rourke is giving him the fright of his life, with the race too close to call, though Cruz is still slightly ahead and likely to stagger over the line.

Beto's campaign has been unconventional in several ways. There can't be many skateboarding Senators.

He has cut through to a lot of disaffected voters, who may turn up when they haven't before.

In fairness, when it has come to the debates, both have been excellent:

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: October 31, 2018, 01:29:52 PM »

This could be an interesting development:

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/31/has-robert-mueller-subpoenaed-trump-222060

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: November 01, 2018, 09:48:02 AM »

Texas has belonged to the Republicans for years, but this time it is close. It should be an easy defend for Ted Cruz, who is a national figure and stood for President just two years ago, but it hasn't worked out like that, as Beto O'Rourke is giving him the fright of his life, with the race too close to call, though Cruz is still slightly ahead and likely to stagger over the line.

Beto's campaign has been unconventional in several ways. There can't be many skateboarding Senators.

He has cut through to a lot of disaffected voters, who may turn up when they haven't before.

Thanks for the continued great updates in this thread. I was a bit surprised to see 15/8 Republican majority in the midterms. Seems like an OK spot to take some positive EV insurance against mankind taking another massive backward step. What do you think?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: November 01, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »

Has Mueller Subpoenaed the President? https://politi.co/2F5z3cf 

all hell breaks loose after the mid terms presumably

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: November 01, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »

I would think that’s correct.

There is also a significant exodus expected from the Cabinet. As well as Nikki Haley, whose departure has already been announced, Jeff Sessions (AG), James Mattis (Defence), Ryan Zinke (Interior), Kirsten Nielsen (Homeland Security) and Wilbur Ross (Commerce) are all rumoured to be on the way out.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: November 01, 2018, 01:23:32 PM »

Thanks for the continued great updates in this thread. I was a bit surprised to see 15/8 Republican majority in the midterms. Seems like an OK spot to take some positive EV insurance against mankind taking another massive backward step. What do you think?

It’s incredibly complex, and could still go in numerous directions. Many seats are in the balance. It is clear that turnout is going to be the highest for at least twenty years. Democrats were already motivated for this one, but the Kavanaugh business has got the dander up of a lot of Republican supporters, and their likelihood of voting shifted upwards dramatically when the hearings happened. Young voters are more morivated this time, but early voting in Georgia and Texas has seen higher numbers of Republicans. Democrats have got close in places they shouldn’t, but probably won’t break through in most of them. The most likely outcome seems to be that Democrats will take the House and Republicans will hold the Senate, possibly even increasing their majority slightly, subject to Trump not doing something weird in the meantime. That outcome would suit the White House just fine. There are several that could still break the other way though.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: November 01, 2018, 02:17:53 PM »

I would think that’s correct.

There is also a significant exodus expected from the Cabinet. As well as Nikki Haley, whose departure has already been announced, Jeff Sessions (AG), James Mattis (Defence), Ryan Zinke (Interior), Kirsten Nielsen (Homeland Security) and Wilbur Ross (Commerce) are all rumoured to be on the way out.

re Grand Jury - I read an article some time ago that it was not considered correct protocol to subpoena a person who is the subject of an investigation ie it should be only witnesses.  Notably there have been no leaks of the principles of the infamous Trump Tower meeting being subpoenaed, although Manafort might now have given evidence.   

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: November 04, 2018, 08:28:40 AM »

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: November 04, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »

The real Judge is worse

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: November 04, 2018, 12:55:32 PM »

This seems incredible in a democrascy:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/11/federal-judge-lets-north-dakota-republicans-block-native-americans-from-voting.html

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: November 05, 2018, 01:14:12 PM »

How do Republicans win elections? Partly like this. TX35 is designed to pack urban Democrat voters from two cities (San Antonio and Austin) into one district. 100 miles long, 1 mile wide at points, taking in parts of 5 counties.

My eyes are open wide
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: November 05, 2018, 06:57:31 PM »

How do Republicans win elections? Partly like this. TX35 is designed to pack urban Democrat voters from two cities (San Antonio and Austin) into one district. 100 miles long, 1 mile wide at points, taking in parts of 5 counties.

Wasn't sure whether to thank or express irritation at this as it has just led to me spending hours looking at gerrymandering in the US :-) On balance I have to say thanks as it's quite fascinating.

Seems like both parties have been at it historically and I found it quite incredible how many times it generates cases that are reviewed by the Supreme Court.

Am obviously not close to knowledgeable on this but what I've read so far would suggest that the US seems to have turned gerrymandering into an art form and it looks like the Republicans are a bit better at it than the Democrats.

Anyway, back to my reading

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: