blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:26:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 664871 times)
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: March 15, 2020, 10:26:46 PM »

Today’s press conference , the Donald spoke for a couple of minutes
about the Fed cutting rates and I quote “ Wall Street going to be very happy”

Then he left without taking questions .

I can’t quite put my finger on it precisely but he is not normal.

Tens of thousands if not millions of US citizens are going to die and all
he thinks about is Wall Street.

I keep thinking someone is going to take a pop at him soon.

Unfortunately the travel ban has kicked in for me to partake.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: March 16, 2020, 12:09:20 AM »

The Arizona debate tonight (moved to DC) may be the last one in the Primaries. It was supposed to be Sanders' last chance to sway Democratic voters, but Bernie seems to have thrown in the towel. He has been saying that his main objective is to get Trump out. "Donald Trump must be defeated and I will do everything in my power to make that happen". He has driven his supporters crazy throughout by his refusal to attack Biden and he's still doing it. There has been a question-mark over whether Biden and Sanders could get their voters to vote for each other, given how far apart their policies are, and Bernie has been listing the things he says Joe needs to promise to get their support. He has literally been prepping him for the debate. It's going to be strange.

Progressives have been putting it about for ages that Biden's cognitive abilities are in decline, and have claimed that he will get exposed by a two-hour one-on-one debate. There won't be an audience, so as long as Biden doesn't trip over his feet or start cussing out the moderators (which is not guaranteed), he'll come through and sew up the nomination with big wins in all of this week's States, particularly in Florida, which has over 200 delegates on offer.

Then, they have to manage him so he doesn't get into on-camera arguments with too many voters over the next eight months.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 16, 2020, 02:50:15 AM »

So they both got through it, with no sign of either going off the rails. Biden didn't implode, yet again disappointing those who've staked their campaigns on it happening. You can argue as to who won the debate, but that didn't matter. So long as Joe didn't drop his trousers, he would go into Tuesday in great shape. He's miles ahead in the Florida, Ohio and Illinois polls (60-65% in all of them, against 25-30%) and was 51% to 34% in the most recent Arizona poll. So that is probably that - it's going to be Biden v Trump.

Click to see full-size image.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: March 16, 2020, 08:30:20 PM »

Sanders struggled on for ages in 2016, despite it being hopeless after Super Tuesday. He should pack it in this time. Coronavirus is going to make canvassing and voting impossible. Georgia and Louisiana had already said they were postponing their Primaries, and others are bound to follow. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended last night against any gathering of more than 50 people for the next 8 weeks. If there was a month to go to Super Tuesday, it would be a difficult situation, but the race is over, so it would be reckless to carry on past tomorrow, when Biden should finish on a high.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 18, 2020, 12:31:53 AM »

Ohio was postponed, but the other three Primaries have gone ahead, seemingly judging that things aren't going to get better soon, so they may as well get them over with. Florida is the biggest prize (219 delegates), while Arizona has 67 and Illinois has 155. Biden is expected to crush in all of them, especially in Florida, which is always close between Democrats and Republicans, so having a candidate who plays well here will be a bonus for the Dems.

Today the 50% line of pledged delegates will be crossed. You might think that Sanders, with about 150 delegates fewer, isn't that far behind, but he is. The profiles of the upcoming States are against him, starting with today's. He is 35-40% behind in Florida and over 20% behind in Illinois and Arizona. He's likely to finish tonight about 300 delegates behind, which is pretty much insurmountable. I'll be very surprised if he doesn't can it after this, especially with the ongoing crisis. He is planning to spend the next week in DC addressing the corona business in his capacity as a Senator, so is there a point in carrying on canvassing? He seems to want to highlight certain policies, and force Biden to take them on (which Biden has already done to some extent). The crisis might force his hand, though.

dakky

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: March 18, 2020, 02:29:19 PM »

Hillary is 27-1 on BF to be the democratic nominee. What does that path look like? Death of Biden?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: March 18, 2020, 02:32:00 PM »

Hillary is 27-1 on BF to be the democratic nominee. What does that path look like? Death of Biden?

Coffin dodger and Covoid......
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: March 18, 2020, 03:36:40 PM »

Coffin dodger and Covoid......

Well, there have been some rumours that the DNC might find a way to replace him once the've overcome the threat of Sanders. Maybe they can use this infection as a cover to get rid, unless he gets it for real. I would have thought Kamala would be the most likely replacement if they did it. Hillary is a bit toxic, so they'd need to do some work beforehand to bring the public round.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: March 18, 2020, 04:49:42 PM »

It was a landslide:

Illinois: Biden 59%, Sanders 36%
Arizona: Biden 44%, Sanders 32%
Florida: Biden 62%, Sanders 23%

Florida: Counties won by Biden in green (67), counties won by Sanders in purple (0). Smallest margin of victory was 11%.

Apart from Puerto Rico, there are no more votes now until 4 April, if any more happen at all. Sanders is "assessing his campaign", which has been code from a few others previously that they were about to call it off.

Biden tried the usual reach to the other side, but it's harder this time when Sanders' supporters are so alienated from him: “Senator Sanders and his supporters have brought a remarkable passion and tenacity to all of these issues. Together, they have shifted the fundamental conversation in this country. So let me say, especially to the young voters who have been inspired by Senator Sanders - I hear you. I know what's at stake. I know what we have to do.”

There's not much exciting in this - I'm just putting it here for the awkward ending. Skip to 5:30.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: March 19, 2020, 02:48:58 PM »

Is there any way that Sanders will back him, and get his mob onboard with it?

Or would Hillary run alongside Joe?

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: March 20, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/20/white-house-coronavirus-doctor-filmed-sniggering-donald-trump-shares-deep-state-conspiracy-theory-12432695/

I’m not sure Dr Fauci is going to be on these press conferences much longer.  Grin

I just wish someone had the balls to push Trump aside during one of these press
conferences and declare “ He’s a lying fucker , don’t believe anything he says”

Admittedly , it won’t affect his core base of supporters but it would be great to
see the Donald’s response.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: March 20, 2020, 09:08:20 PM »

Hilary too toxic in my opinion , although I’m not running good on opinions 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: March 20, 2020, 09:20:02 PM »

Hilary too toxic in my opinion , although I’m not running good on opinions 

Grin

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: March 21, 2020, 03:16:50 PM »

I found this on Twitter:

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: March 21, 2020, 03:23:17 PM »

Yeah thought that was pretty good and accurate of how it’s all about him.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: