blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:45:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The Next President of the United States
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 308 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Next President of the United States  (Read 668810 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4350 on: November 04, 2020, 11:34:47 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2020/oct/30/build-your-own-us-election-result-plot-a-win-for-biden-or-trump

I have messed around with this, and it really seems like Biden could win by just 1 or 2 electoral college votes.  With Trump in charge, that must be just about the worst time for that to happen?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4351 on: November 04, 2020, 11:42:11 AM »

and it may be Biden + Republican Senate? so scope to do much limited?

Every newscast, every poll, virtually every respectable pundit told us American voters had collectively turned heavily against Trump. That manifestly wasn't true. In fact without COVID Trump would have won handily?

The US commentariat seems to be unrepresentative of large swatches of the country? suppose its the same here

It is clearly a big problem here and in the US. I think the increasing education gap is the big issue here, by the media’s nature you are going to be highly educated to get your foot in the door and the heavy consumers of said media (not including social media) is educated. It is a massive echo chamber, while the populist governments around the world have been a lot better at getting to the non university educated masses.

The polling does have me more confused, it clearly has missed badly in the battleground states and that whole industry is going to have to look at its methodology.

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4352 on: November 04, 2020, 11:47:27 AM »

So if Biden takes Wisconsin where it is reported he is now ahead with the absentees and very Dem cities being counted, , he needs one of North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan or Pennsylvania for the presidency? Or have I got my maths wrong?

Nevada and Arizona are not Biden locks in my opinion. The rest adds up and I think Michigan is the most likely candidate for Biden.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4353 on: November 04, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »

Biden now at 1.35 on BF. It was 3.01 at 8am!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4354 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:46 PM »

So if Biden takes Wisconsin where it is reported he is now ahead with the absentees and very Dem cities being counted, , he needs one of North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan or Pennsylvania for the presidency? Or have I got my maths wrong?

Nevada and Arizona are not Biden locks in my opinion. The rest adds up and I think Michigan is the most likely candidate for Biden.

Nevada is probably more likely than it looks right now. All in person voting is counted - they're just counting mail in's now and they normally favour Biden/Dems.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4355 on: November 04, 2020, 12:31:51 PM »

Biden now at 1.35 on BF. It was 3.01 at 8am!

It was 4.5 at 3am or so.

Blue text
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4356 on: November 04, 2020, 12:35:36 PM »

1.26 now.

I know eff all about politics and even less about Biden but this can only be a pleasing result.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4357 on: November 04, 2020, 12:58:28 PM »

At no point in the night was Trump the favourite, as in more likely to win. Those bookies being quoted don’t know what they’re doing.

Biden is still a moderate favourite, as he has been throughout. Wisconsin should be in the bag soon and there are favourable signs in Penn.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4358 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59:23 PM »

1.26 now.

I know eff all about politics and even less about Biden but this can only be a pleasing result.

Gonna be so dull when Donald leaves the stage

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4359 on: November 04, 2020, 01:04:02 PM »

At no point in the night was Trump the favourite, as in more likely to win. Those bookies being quoted don’t know what they’re doing.

Biden is still a moderate favourite, as he has been throughout. Wisconsin should be in the bag soon and there are favourable signs in Penn.

It is Betfair leading the bookies not the other way round.  A bookie who didn't follow betfair here wouldn't know what they were doing not the other way round?  People like me would be just hoovering up free money.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4360 on: November 04, 2020, 01:13:28 PM »

It is Betfair leading the bookies not the other way round.  A bookie who didn't follow betfair here wouldn't know what they were doing not the other way round?  People like me would be just hoovering up free money.

Betfair/bookies whatever. I don’t really know how betting works but whoever has been setting those odds hasn’t a clue, so I agree there were easy opportunities for wins.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:17:36 PM by MintTrav » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4361 on: November 04, 2020, 01:24:45 PM »

1.26 now.

Anarchist!

The older I get, the better I was.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #4362 on: November 04, 2020, 01:40:03 PM »

1.26 now.

Anarchist!

It’s true though. He’s given us so much entertainment and so much to talk about. I read an article by a White House reporter from Bush Snr’s time who said she used to go there every morning and hang around hoping something would happen. Sometimes the highlight was George having a bad golf practice. Donald has given us crazy stories twenty times a day from Day 1 right through. In some ways I wish he’d win so it carries on.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4363 on: November 04, 2020, 01:42:18 PM »

It is Betfair leading the bookies not the other way round.  A bookie who didn't follow betfair here wouldn't know what they were doing not the other way round?  People like me would be just hoovering up free money.

Betfair/bookies whatever. I don’t really know how betting works but whoever has been setting those odds hasn’t a clue, so I agree there were easy opportunities for wins.

It is just a reflection of a really tight race in the swing states.  When it is so close that the result is going to come down to one or two states, a little bit of voting news can swing the market massively.

I think it is a bit much saying people don't have a clue, I thought 1.6 or so Biden was good value, you thought it was much more likely Biden would win.  We all get stuff wrong, but it doesn't mean we have no clue.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4364 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:59 PM »

1.26 now.

Anarchist!

It’s true though. He’s given us so much entertainment and so much to talk about. I read an article by a White House reporter from Bush Snr’s time who said she used to go there every morning and hang around hoping something would happen. Sometimes the highlight was George having a bad golf practice. Donald has given us crazy stories twenty times a day from Day 1 right through. In some ways I wish he’d win so it carries on.

I would agree with you if it didn't matter so much but I truly believe that the Trump presidency has already cost countless lives. Just imagine how callously arrogant he will be if he is "vindicated" and gets a second term. 

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 289 290 [291] 292 293 294 295 ... 308 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: