blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:47:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 40737 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2016, 09:39:42 PM »

What The Subways need to sell to raise funds for their tour of the States in April.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/the-subways-north-america

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 04:00:47 PM »

More than a little underwhelmed at the headliners for Bingley festival this year (Travis, Tinie Tempah, Echo ATB, Sigma), especially given it's their 10 year anniversary. Glad I didn't stump up for a weekend ticket before any acts were announced.

The View are going on tour and coming to York in April, so that pleases me Smiley stonking debut album back in the day.

Best Bitter.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »

Saw The Kooks in Nottingham last month and really enjoyed that.  Next up it is Muse at the O2 in April.....not my cup of tea really but hey ho it's a jolly.

Last year was great with seeing Blur in Blackpool and Foo Fighters in MK.

That one of the rescheduled gigs? Caught them in York, was pleasantly surprised by them despite not being familiar with anything beyond the 2nd album. Certainly felt amongst the oldest in the crowd Smiley

Never seen Muse (another band I used to quite like back in the day), but from all accounts they put on a very decent show.

Tickets dispatched today for The Rifles next month. A very cult, under the radar band despite being on album No.5 this year and with a decade of touring behind them. Urge anyone to check them out if they play near you. Especially if you're a fan of modish Jam esque stuff (think their name derives from Eton Rifles, but don't quote me on that)

I didn't see anyone older than me (39) for The Kooks....looked like all students, didn't care though.

Just purchased a ticket for Jake Bugg on March 8th in London at the Tufnell Park Dome.  General sale is Weds I believe.....looking forward to this one.  Last train back to Notts is 23:30, gig finishes at 11pm....odds anyone?

Kentish town area to Kings Cross hmmm.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 11:51:49 PM »

More than a little underwhelmed at the headliners for Bingley festival this year (Travis, Tinie Tempah, Echo ATB, Sigma), especially given it's their 10 year anniversary. Glad I didn't stump up for a weekend ticket before any acts were announced.

The View are going on tour and coming to York in April, so that pleases me Smiley stonking debut album back in the day.

Loved The View.

Went to see the Babyshambles around 2008 and the View and Dizzee Rascal were supporting.

The view were excellent.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 01:31:59 AM »

Loved The View.

Went to see the Babyshambles around 2008 and the View and Dizzee Rascal were supporting.

The view were excellent.

I've kinda half seen them. They played BST @ Hyde Park in 2014, but instead of being the last band on before The Libertines on the main stage, some muppet decided to have them 'headline' the 2nd stage thing....and by stage I mean table, totally exposed to the open air so the sound was crap unless you were right at the front. And to make it worse, the timings meant it overlapped with The Libertines. Great work, whoever planned that.

So because of that, looking forward to seeing them in a better environment and not having to leave after 7 songs.

Babyshambles were class live, when Pete wasn't getting locked up 2 hours before the doors opened Smiley

Best Bitter.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 02:56:40 PM »

Going to see The Rifles this weekend in Notts. Milburn in Sheffield on the 30th April. Are the only gigs I currently have booked.

Would love the White Lies to tour, but doesn't look likely atm. Same with Jamie T.

As for festivals;

I done Ultra Music festival last year in Croatia, was absolutely unbelievable if you're into EDM and the like. Contemplating doing it again this year. We had an apartment and had a holiday either side of it also, worked really well.

As for UK fests, I don't think I can deal with the camping like I could 5/6 years ago, but inclined to pick up a few day passes to maybe Reading/Leeds and SW4. I'll also be grabbing a ticket for EDC as it seems stupid not to, 5 miles away and an extremely good line up!
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 07:39:42 PM »

Going to see The Rifles this weekend in Notts. Milburn in Sheffield on the 30th April. Are the only gigs I currently have booked.

Would love the White Lies to tour, but doesn't look likely atm. Same with Jamie T.

As for festivals;

I done Ultra Music festival last year in Croatia, was absolutely unbelievable if you're into EDM and the like. Contemplating doing it again this year. We had an apartment and had a holiday either side of it also, worked really well.

As for UK fests, I don't think I can deal with the camping like I could 5/6 years ago, but inclined to pick up a few day passes to maybe Reading/Leeds and SW4. I'll also be grabbing a ticket for EDC as it seems stupid not to, 5 miles away and an extremely good line up!

Ah Milburn, that brings back memories Smiley Seen The Rifles before? They put on a good show. I dunno why but I have a feeling White Lies might announce something later this year to coincide with the upcoming new album.....or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I've got out of jail....after posting this on the first page ''One that got away.....The Coral in Leeds; hesitated and it sold out'', they are doing a one off gig in York in May, result Smiley

Best Bitter.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »

As for festivals;

Ah Milburn, that brings back memories Smiley Seen The Rifles before? They put on a good show. I dunno why but I have a feeling White Lies might announce something later this year to coincide with the upcoming new album.....or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like I've got out of jail....after posting this on the first page ''One that got away.....The Coral in Leeds; hesitated and it sold out'', they are doing a one off gig in York in May, result Smiley

Nope - I was hoping/thinking the same thing, but can also see them doing a huge tour in 2017. Either way, not too long.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 06:52:56 PM »

A bunch more acts confirmed for Leeds/ Reading, including biffy clyro as the final headliners with fallout boy on before them.

Feed em rice.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 07:42:52 PM »

aye aye aye

what a line up (for my taste)

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 09:10:47 PM »

Can't say I've heard of them, but Love Of Lesbian intrigue me.

Not a bad line up at all.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »

As for festivals;

Nope - I was hoping/thinking the same thing, but can also see them doing a huge tour in 2017. Either way, not too long.

Yeah I think you're right. They don't appear on any festival bills this summer, so chuck the album out later this year then tour the shit out of it in 2017, and headline a few festivals to boot.

Best Bitter.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »

Probably not one for the youngsters, but I'm off to see the wonderful

at the Royal Albert Hall this month.

then

Click to see full-size image.

at the Bridggwater Hall, Manchester in May.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »

Well, really enjoyed Jake Bugg in North London on Tuesday.  Really surprised by the venue, was like my local village hall, small intimate and a damn good show was put on.

He played 20 odd songs and was really good being up close, I could almost touch the drum kit if I lent forward too much!

Would go again, added bonus was Tufnell Park tube station has now re opened.....30 yards from the venue so super convenient.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 11:42:59 AM »

Well, really enjoyed Jake Bugg in North London on Tuesday.  Really surprised by the venue, was like my local village hall, small intimate and a damn good show was put on.

He played 20 odd songs and was really good being up close, I could almost touch the drum kit if I lent forward too much!

Would go again, added bonus was Tufnell Park tube station has now re opened.....30 yards from the venue so super convenient.

Was it a secret gig or something? He's been added to the line up of Inmusic festival in Croatia, quite the line up for a 40Euro, 3 day ticket.

Gig #2 for me tomorrow, The Rifles playing the Wardrobe in Leeds. Can't say its a venue I'm familiar with!

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: