blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:33:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 41055 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »

Who are you seeing this year? Any festivals on the wish list? Bands or artists you hope announce a tour? Ones that got away?

Already seen.....The Kooks

Booked.....The Rifles, Manic Street Preachers supported by Editors, Ocean Colour Scene supported by Shed Seven and the Bluetones.

Hope they tour.....White Lies

Considering.....Bluetones in York in April.

One that got away.....The Coral in Leeds; hesitated and it sold out Sad

Festivals....a one day shindig in Derby in April, spread across various pubs in the city, headlined by Reverend And The Makers. Was only £20 a pop. Just booked a day ticket to Best Kept Secret festival near Eindhoven over in the Netherlands in June. It's a Friday to Sunday job, but we're just going for the Saturday when Editors and Bloc Party, amongst others, perform.

Inmusic festival looks good, has some well known acts playing like Florence ATM, Kooks, Skunk Anansie (remember them?), PJ Harvey, The Coral. Only 40Eur for the 3 day pass. Not feasible for me as its right on the back of Best Kept Secret, and its in Zagreb Smiley Shame really, as I've never been to Croatia and really fancy it. Maybe next year.

Is there a festival that Noel Gallagher isn't headlining in the UK?!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:43:55 PM by TightEnd » Logged

Best Bitter.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 09:24:00 PM »

Went to see Parkway Drive ar Brixton Academy last night with my 9yrold son, cos they're one of his favourite bands. Awesome gig, probably a bit much for the boy but he said he enjoyed it. Hopin to go see a few more shouty screamy metal bands this year but really hoping to go to Camden Rocks again this year. Went last year and the highlight was being front row for Skindred. Lawnmower Deth were entertaining too.  Gonna see what's in in Cambridge,Ipswich and Norwich as quite a few decent tour there.

Cymru am byth
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »

^Few friends went to Parkway Drive last night said it was v good, hadn't heard of them before now though :$

I haven't been to a gig in a long time, do plan on rectifying that this year.

Tomorrow seeing Barns Courtney? in Bodega in Nottingham, tiny venue so should be good fun.

Used to go to Reading festival every year with a big group, was awesome, not too keen now though more likely to go abroad if I were to do a festival again.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 09:53:44 PM »

I'd like to go and see Parkway Drive, instead I'm seeing Coldplay at Wembley.

Prob not much else planned for the year gig wise.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 10:59:20 PM »

Impressive, 9 years old and going to Parkway Drive gigs! My first gig wasn't until I was 15, when Supergrass played in York in early 2003. I guess times were different then; no Youtube, no downloading, more radio based popularity and TOTP etc.

Whats the demographic like at a Parkway Drive gig in 2016?

Best Bitter.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 02:02:26 PM »

Impressive, 9 years old and going to Parkway Drive gigs! My first gig wasn't until I was 15, when Supergrass played in York in early 2003. I guess times were different then; no Youtube, no downloading, more radio based popularity and TOTP etc.

Whats the demographic like at a Parkway Drive gig in 2016?
They all look young to me. Teens/20's mainly

Cymru am byth
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »

Thanks for getting involved in the attempts to get a live music thread going...

Oh, wait  Roll Eyes
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:39:21 PM »

Ennio Morricone and Machinehead are my next two gigs probably says enough about my Music taste.
Glastonbury and Latitude in the Summer, with a few randoms booked in-between.
Slowly picking up the pace again after the arrival of the girls.

My eldest is 3 and attended Latitude last summer will hopefully see much more outdoor music this summer. Cant wait to take her to an indoor gig. The line seems to be set at 9.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 08:31:13 PM »

Had a very quiet January but made up for is in Feb - Floating Points and Ben UFO/Pearson Sound/Pangaea the last couple of weekends

Bicep & Will Saul coming up in a few weeks

Going to Glastonbury for the first time this year too so looking forward to that. Hopefully Muse land one of the headline slots. Saw them on the Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations tours so its been a while!

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 04:54:29 PM »

Noel Gallagher's HFB are headlining Kendal Calling, Y Not, Victorious and Festival Number 6. This is off the back of an extensive tour taking him to South America, OZ and NZ, Europe and various venues around the UK.

All the cash earned from that ^ will pale into insignificance when the inevitable Oasis reunion is announced.

Best Bitter.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 06:32:51 PM »

Saw The Kooks in Nottingham last month and really enjoyed that.  Next up it is Muse at the O2 in April.....not my cup of tea really but hey ho it's a jolly.

Last year was great with seeing Blur in Blackpool and Foo Fighters in MK.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 12:30:48 AM »

Saw The Kooks in Nottingham last month and really enjoyed that.  Next up it is Muse at the O2 in April.....not my cup of tea really but hey ho it's a jolly.

Last year was great with seeing Blur in Blackpool and Foo Fighters in MK.

That one of the rescheduled gigs? Caught them in York, was pleasantly surprised by them despite not being familiar with anything beyond the 2nd album. Certainly felt amongst the oldest in the crowd Smiley

Never seen Muse (another band I used to quite like back in the day), but from all accounts they put on a very decent show.

Tickets dispatched today for The Rifles next month. A very cult, under the radar band despite being on album No.5 this year and with a decade of touring behind them. Urge anyone to check them out if they play near you. Especially if you're a fan of modish Jam esque stuff (think their name derives from Eton Rifles, but don't quote me on that)

Best Bitter.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 05:05:30 PM »

Had a very quiet January but made up for is in Feb - Floating Points and Ben UFO/Pearson Sound/Pangaea the last couple of weekends

Going to Glastonbury for the first time this year too so looking forward to that. Hopefully Muse land one of the headline slots. Saw them on the Absolution and Black Holes & Revelations tours so its been a while!

Seems you will have your wish - Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay I am hearing - Coldplay obv now 100%.
A slightly less confirmed source suggesting Bring me the Horizon and Prodigy to close Other stage on Sunday - would be epic.

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 05:24:56 PM »

Seems you will have your wish - Muse, Radiohead and Coldplay I am hearing - Coldplay obv now 100%.
A slightly less confirmed source suggesting Bring me the Horizon and Prodigy to close Other stage on Sunday - would be epic.

Is that trio not a tad too similar (in genre more than anything) for Glasto? They usually mix it up a bit more than that.

Would very much like to catch Radiohead one day.

Best Bitter.
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 05:50:39 PM »

Is that trio not a tad too similar (in genre more than anything) for Glasto? They usually mix it up a bit more than that.

Would very much like to catch Radiohead one day.

Only thing I would say is they have all done it before - which is rare.
I would say history shows they all can be very similar - enough other stages to mix it up.  Looks like no big US rap act this year, Foo's not looking like they going to return after last years cancellation, Adele seems nailed for next year not sure how far away from that "type" they can get this year.
Half the fun is in the speculation - as soon as the programme goes to print it will leak anyway.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: