blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gigs/festivals 2017
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gigs/festivals 2017  (Read 40759 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:15 PM »

Truck Festival was a real slog this year given the weather. Lovely festival and a cheerful crowd but the elements were bleak at best.

That said, saw a band called The Rhythm Method who were sensational. highlight of the weekend for sure.

What were the headliners and main bands like?

Heard contrasting stories about how good/poor Libertines were.

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

I'm a big Libs fan but I thought they were going through the motions a bit. Still decent but didn't look that thrilled to be there. I only caught a couple of Franz Ferdinand songs as not a massive fan but sounded pretty decent. Slaves and The Wombats were both excellent in different ways. Slaves very raw and angry and Wombats very honed and professional - I'd say they were the most popular act on the bill over the weekend.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2017, 05:56:28 PM »

Bit of a long shot, but does anyone here, or anyone on here know someone, who might be interested in a discounted ticket to Victorious festival for the Saturday? (August 26th in Portsmouth)

Saturday is headlined by Stereophonics, with other acts including Jake Bugg, Feeder, Rita Ora, Maximo Park, Deaf Havana, Frank Turner, British Sea Power and plenty more on the bill.

I've had a change of plans and now won't be able to make it. Only looking for £30 for it, if you bought one today it would be £42 + BF. It's an email ticket so can get it anywhere in the country at the click of a button.

I also have a return coach from London to Portsmouth (out late morning Saturday, back late morning Sunday from memory) that I'm happy to give away with the ticket for free if that can be used.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 28, 2017, 06:38:15 PM »

Its fun reading about Pleno selling X% of his stack on day Y for ££££, less fun when I realise I can't even shift a ticket to a festival at a reasonably reduced price Smiley

You got any horses in Portsmouth, Pleno? Wink

Best Bitter.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 28, 2017, 09:22:00 PM »

Cracking offer but sadly have plans that day. Anyone southern based should be snapping your hand off.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 30, 2017, 12:03:23 AM »

Any courteeners fans might be interested to see that Liam Fray is doing a solo acoustic tour this autumn.

Feed em rice.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2017, 06:19:36 PM »

Hope no-one from here went to Hope and Glory festival in Liverpool this weekend....

First and last time we'll see this particular music event methinks!

http://www.nme.com/news/music/liverpool-music-fans-react-dangerous-shambolic-hope-glory-festival-2121650?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

Best Bitter.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2017, 09:22:32 PM »

Does anyone want a career of a band ending?

I don't go to many gigs... to say the least, only a few in 10 years... The two main ones of bands I loved were Lost Prophets, and Linkin Park...

So... If you want a band to end in one way or another, recommend me a gig to go to.

(In fairness I did catch the Foos at MK Bowl about a decade ago too, they've done ok for themselves)

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »

It was a struggle but one of my friends this morning managed to snag 4 tickets for this 'We are Manchester' arena gig next month. Works out perfectly as the early KO that day is City vs Liverpool so I'm over in Manchester anyway. Spot the odd one out.....Noel Gallagher, Courteeners, Blossoms, Rick Astley.....interesting line up!

Also this morning we decided to do the Friday at Bingley festival the week before, where Manics and Maximo Park headline. It's been an expensive Thursday morning! But nice to have a couple of things lined up next month as its been a pretty dry summer on the gigs front.

Best Bitter.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2017, 01:59:41 PM »

If the announcement of a joint Wonder Stuff and Neds Atomic Dustbin tour next spring wasn't enough excitement to deal with, I somehow managed to get one of the limited availability "1990's price" tickets in the pre-sale this morning, so will be attending the Leeds gig for the grand total of £7 + £2.95 booking fee.

RESULT!!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2017, 02:39:14 PM »

If the announcement of a joint Wonder Stuff and Neds Atomic Dustbin tour next spring wasn't enough excitement to deal with, I somehow managed to get one of the limited availability "1990's price" tickets in the pre-sale this morning, so will be attending the Leeds gig for the grand total of £7 + £2.95 booking fee.

RESULT!!

Going to be such a fun gig.

I just found out that Miles bought out books of memoirs from the Wonder Stuff years.  The first one arrived yesterday and even though I've only got a couple of pages in it's going to be a great read from me - so many happy memories from following them around for a few years.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2017, 08:15:09 PM »

Led Zeppelin are to reform one final time to play an album per night at The Albert Hall. Tickets on sale Monday Nov 13th

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 01, 2017, 08:29:31 AM »

Led Zeppelin are to reform one final time to play an album per night at The Albert Hall. Tickets on sale Monday Nov 13th

Fake news?
Please tell me you have a source other then Baker?

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: October 17, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »

Foo's tickets secured.
Jackie Abbott & Paul Heaton with Billy Bragg in the Forest announced.
Today is a good day.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 09, 2017, 08:58:41 PM »

Managed to get tickets for Sleeper next March.

<swoon> Louise Wener
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: