blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 195562 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: February 04, 2018, 01:01:28 PM »

Other option is gamepass but its 2 minutes behind normally and i suspect facebook eagle groups to be sending me notifacations before i see our 7 tds

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 04, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/22307633/philadelphia-eagles-four-million-dollar-bets-placed-super-bowl-lii
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 05, 2018, 01:05:15 AM »

Heck of a play there, pulling off the trick play in an unusual spot to go for it on 4th down. Pederson has got some stones.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 05, 2018, 03:32:34 AM »

OMG, it's finally happened.

What a game.  Hated 90% of it, or at least it felt that way at the time.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 05, 2018, 03:34:09 AM »

WHAT A GAME, most offensive yards in any NFL game in history

Foles TD has to be one of the most audacious plays i have seen in that position 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 05, 2018, 03:35:54 AM »

Congrats gents!

Let's not forget though that this was the year the Bills made the playoffs.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 05, 2018, 03:44:16 AM »

Only seen ten, but by far the best.

Tal Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 05, 2018, 08:22:07 AM »

Fabulous game, really enjoyed that.

Thought Belichick was most gracious in defeat, too, all things considered, taking the blame for the loss.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 05, 2018, 01:06:01 PM »

I just saw a Tweet thing which - I think - suggested that Nick Foles has been traded to the Browns.

Did I read that correctly, or did I get whooshed?

What's that all about?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 05, 2018, 01:28:40 PM »

https://sports.theonion.com/doug-pederson-informs-nick-foles-hes-been-traded-to-bro-1822713684

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 05, 2018, 02:07:18 PM »

I just saw a Tweet thing which - I think - suggested that Nick Foles has been traded to the Browns.

What's that all about?

You both read it correctly and been whooshed.

It's a satirical news site, so not real.

The Eagles do have a headache now, though, as Foles is going to want a bit of money for his troubles and will know there are some teams who would like a starting QB. Plenty will be drafting one this spring and having a knowledgeable guy like Foles who probably doesn't have the ego to think, if the rookie turns out to be the franchise guy, he will be anything other than backup.

Wentz is under center in September. So, Foles either gets $10m to be number two or he leaves to start somewhere else for $15m

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 05, 2018, 03:37:20 PM »

Really enjoyed last night but was anybody else really disappointed in both teams defenses and special teams.Missus always says I’m a miserable bastard but other than offensively both teams were way below championship standard.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 05, 2018, 03:45:22 PM »

What's that all about?

The Eagles do have a headache now, though, as Foles is going to want a bit of money for his troubles and will know there are some teams who would like a starting QB. Plenty will be drafting one this spring and having a knowledgeable guy like Foles who probably doesn't have the ego to think, if the rookie turns out to be the franchise guy, he will be anything other than backup.

Wentz is under center in September. So, Foles either gets $10m to be number two or he leaves to start somewhere else for $15m

Ahh, thanks Tal Bloke.

So one way or another, Foles is gonna get the lot?

Good luck to him. He had one chance (since the playoffs began?) & seized it with both hands.

Got to admire that. 

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 05, 2018, 03:48:37 PM »

What's that all about?

Ahh, thanks Tal Bloke.

So one way or another, Foles is gonna get the lot?

Good luck to him. He had one chance (since the playoffs began?) & seized it with both hands.

Got to admire that.  

It'd be a good time for the Eagles to sell, from a purely business standpoint. Foles has gelled well with the coaches and has been blessed by solid weapons and a superb offensive line.

He's unlikely to find that sort of home anywhere else, but that won't stop someone from overpaying.

For Foles personally, it's impossible not to be full of delight. He's been called a no hoper, cast aside by a long list of teams, coaches and general managers. Whatever else happens in his life, he will always be a Super Bowl MVP.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 03:50:40 PM by Tal » Logged

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1139 on: February 05, 2018, 04:10:04 PM »

Really enjoyed last night but was anybody else really disappointed in both teams defenses and special teams.Missus always says I’m a miserable bastard but other than offensively both teams were way below championship standard.

I didn't actually enjoy the game with more total offense than any other in history. It was probably because I had money on the Pats from preseason that would have been nice, and I was probably just annoyed they couldn't stop a single pass. But the lack of any kind of defence from either team was shocking and very surprising given the seasons they'd had.

It was a great game, I just couldn't really get into it for some reason. Well played to the Eagles, was a lot of hype from the sharps at the start of the season that I didn't really get... I'll pay attention to that next off season!

Foles is in a weird situation as Tal said, either way he's going to be making decent money somewhere even if he does revert to being a bridge QB with the plan of bringing on a rookie. All depends on Wentz recovery to whether they keep him I guess. If he looks like he'll make training camp I guess they'll see what they can get for him, either way he'll be making 15+ (I'm sure Glennon was on 17m this year and he was garbage)

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: