blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:04:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198301 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2016, 11:24:22 AM »

Pittsburgh Steelers: NFL side uses robot training dummies
http://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/36363989

Those dummies look quite handy, could certainly do a job in some Football League defences...
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:15 PM »

From the pen of the Buffalo Bills:

Reports (which also include radio reports, tweets, podcasts and blogs) pertaining to strategic and tactical information are strictly prohibited. This includes:

Referencing plays run or game strategy, including trick plays or unusual formations.

Reporting on personnel groupings, sub-packages, players who are practicing with individual units (first team, second team, goal line, offense, nickel defense, etc.), special plays, who is rushing the passer, dropped passes, interceptions, QB completion percentage, etc.

Media should not report on any injury situation occurring during a practice that is not open to the public with detailed speculation to the potential nature, severity of the injury or level of practice participation. Acknowledging an injury occurred is permitted, but anything beyond a general report would be purely speculative and possibly inaccurate.

Still and television photographers are not permitted to shoot or film injured players at a closed practice, even during the period that is open to the media. Filming of injured players rehabbing either before, during or after closed practices is prohibited.

I blame Dallas. They started this silliness...

At least with buffalo this will have little impact on anyone's fantasy teams.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2016, 07:17:24 PM »

Michael Tanier – Verified account ‏@MikeTanier

OK. I will go to #Bills camp in this "ordinary fan" disguise, sit in the stands and Tweet specifics.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:02 PM »

11/8 for the Steelers to win the AFC North is imo very big!

Bengals have obviously lost their 2nd and 3rd reciever and now without Tyler Eifert for a few games at the start of the season. Who scored 40% of their TDs last season. Boyd is unproven. Burkhead a slot reciever. Could do something. Kroft. Unproven backup TE.

The Steelers however could have Lev Bell back. If not D'angelo Williams is more than capable backup. Brown is top 3 Wr and even without Bryant they'll score a lot still. They play the Bengals early one while Burfict is still out too.

Not great to say as a Bengals fan but think anything over Evens is a good bet on them

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2016, 02:48:13 PM »

RIP Buddy Ryan (father of Rex and Rob)

I remember him as the Eagles coach for several years.  He's probably more famous for his role with the 1985 Bears.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2016/6/28/12050308/buddy-ryan-eagles-head-coach-nfl-legend-defense-chicago-bears-1985-defense?_ga=1.75129298.1523330522.1409528280

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »

from one of ryan's playbooks

Click to see full-size image.

the 30 for 30 on the 85 bears, a team that got many UK fans into the NFL, is a must watch for the Ryan stuff.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: June 30, 2016, 06:30:31 PM »

Do we know if any of the UK bookies usually do division forecast betting? Had a quick look around and at the moment I can't find any offering it?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2016, 06:34:00 PM »

Yes but too early. Early August typically...

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2016, 06:40:56 PM »

Cheers, will have a look around then, day off work so thought i'd see what was about... Steelers v Packers 33/1 for the Superbowl...

Actually seems the Betfred have the forecasts up already, so going to have a nose on those and see what's about, just priced up a longshot 5 fold for Division winners. Raiders, Steelers, Texans, Giants, Cardinals .. 250ish/1 ... Raiders are the biggest there obviously. But doesn't seem too impossible, not placing it yet as a lot can happen. Price on Steelers has dropped a lot since I posted above a month or two ago, even odds on on Skybet

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »

All or nothing a season with the Arizona Cardinals is well worth watching for all those needing an NFL fix.Free to view on Amazon prime.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2016, 08:52:02 AM »

The inimitable Mike Tanier forecasts the season for Bleacher Report...

Bleacher Report has just what you need to get back in the NFL state of mind: a primer for everything you'll experience during the 2016 season. It's the football equivalent of that back-to-school circular that arrived on your doorstep this morning: Autumn is on its way, so mark your calendar for these key dates!

Saturday, Aug. 27: Hours before the Jets-Giants preseason game, the Jets' quarterback situation is thrown into turmoil when Bryce Petty injures his throwing hand by punching Christian Hackenberg for calling a fake punt in Madden 17. Petty claims the play was not fair because he still has not found the audible button. A desperate last-minute call to Ryan Fitzpatrick goes to voicemail while the quarterback shops for beard oil at an Austin flea market. The entire incident is blamed on Geno Smith.

Sunday, Aug. 28: The Vikings host the Chargers in the first game at sparkly new U.S. Bank Stadium. Adrian Peterson complains during warm-ups that the turf is "a little too springy." Minnesota state legislature immediately approves a $223 million bond referendum for less springy turf.

Wednesday, Sept. 7: The Supreme Court upholds the decision to overturn an appeal of the summary judgment to delay the reversal of the reinstatement of the vacation of the Deflategate suspension. "Does that mean I'm suspended?" Tom Brady asks.

Thursday, Sept. 8: Season opener. Broncos defeat Panthers 16-10. Von Miller, playing under the franchise tag, records 3.5 sacks and throws a touchdown pass to Emmanuel Sanders on a trick play. John Elway increases Miller's contract offer to include discount oil changes and an Amazon Prime membership.

Friday, Sept. 9, 7:45 p.m.: Cam Newton finally shows up for the Broncos-Panthers postgame press conference.

Tuesday, Sept. 13, 1:30 a.m.: Week 1 finally ends when Aaron Donald sacks Blaine Gabbert for a safety and a 5-3 Rams victory over the 49ers. You toss and turn yourself to sleep wondering why everyone gripes about the Pro Bowl but gives this awful annual Monday doubleheader a pass.

Sunday, Sept. 18: Bengals at Steelers. Special guest referees include John Cena, Ronda Rousey, Henry Kissinger, SEAL Team Six and the U.N. Security Council. It's a 1 p.m. kickoff early in the season, so the Bengals win and feel really good about themselves.

Thursday, Sept. 22: Jimmy Garoppolo leads the Patriots to victory against the Texans. Bill O'Brien tries to offer Bill Belichick a pair of second-round picks for Garoppolo during the postgame handshake but is tackled by Texans owner Bob McNair.

Sunday, Sept. 25: Odell Beckham Jr. vs. Josh Norman I. The "Norman is overrated" tweets are scheduled for 1:25 p.m., when Beckham catches a six-yard slant. The "Well, actually, Norman was playing thumbs coverage in Cover 7 on that catch" tweets (by people who learned about strategy by calling audibles in Madden) are scheduled for 1:26. Your migraine is scheduled for 1:27. Beckham finishes the game with one catch for six yards.

Sunday, Oct. 2: The Colts face the Jaguars in London. According to the new exchange rates, Andrew Luck's salary for the game converts to 6 million farthings, 300,000 florins, 60 thruppence and a stag from Ye Royale Game Lands. In fairness, it would have been no less confusing before Brexit. Also, Allen Hurns is elected prime minister.

Sunday, Oct. 9: Tom Brady returns to the field to lead a 56-8 rout of the Browns. Citizens across America find themselves more energetic and optimistic, as if suddenly waking from a two-year shame spiral. But really, this is just one more damn thing that happens to the Browns.

Sunday, Oct. 16: J.J. Watt celebrates his second sack of Andrew Luck by flashing the money sign, ripping up an imaginary $140 million contract, and bringing a Fisher Price cash register onto the field and using a selfie stick to film himself cha-chinging it. The Texans' victory raises their record to 2-4. Talk radio spends Monday criticizing Cam Newton for smiling too broadly after beating the Saints.

Sunday, Oct. 30: The Broncos move to 6-2 with a 16-10 win over the Chargers. Mark Sanchez overtakes Von Miller for the team lead in touchdown passes.

Tuesday, Nov. 8 (Election Day): Bad news: Our next president made a shocking last-minute campaign promise to reopen Deflategate.

Monday, Nov. 14 : The 7-3 Broncos have won and lost every game by a 16-10 score, so they devise a new way to kick-start Paxton Lynch's development: a copy of Andrew Luck's contract dangling from a fishing pole in front of a treadmill. The fact that John Elway will only handle the contract while wearing oven mitts is considered a discouraging sign.

Thursday, Nov. 24: Thanksgiving. Adrian Peterson rushes 20 times for 74 yards in a Vikings loss to the Lions and complains about the play-calling. Ezekiel Elliott carries the ball 20 times for 74 yards in a loss to Washington; Jerry Jones complains about the play-calling. Colts running backs carry the ball 10 times for seven yards in a loss to the Steelers, but Andrew Luck doesn't dare complain about the play-calling. Calvin Johnson enjoys turkey with family and friends and wonders why the heck he didn't think of this retirement thing sooner.

Sunday, Dec. 4: Newton-Wilson VII. Yep, roman numerals. They are even prominently displayed on the NFL.com official schedule! Whose bright idea was it to give Newton-Wilson the Brady-Manning treatment? Oh wait…it was me. I'm sure the royalty check is in the mail.

Sunday, Dec. 11: The Packers lose to the Seahawks to fall behind in the home-field-advantage chase. Choose your own postgame storyline adventure: Is Aaron Rodgers' 21-of-28, two-touchdown game against the Legion of Boom a sign of a slump? Should Clay Matthews move to [insert position here]? Or, Is Eddie Lacy too skinny?

Sunday, Dec. 18: Steelers at Bengals. Steel cage around the field provided by Queen City Electrified Fencing and Razor Wire Incorporated. Late kickoff, late in the season, big playoff implications. Steelers win. This isn't neurosurgery, folks.

Sunday, Dec. 18: Broncos at Patriots. Paxton Lynch hears the Foxborough crowd and melts into a puddle of tears. Mark Sanchez accidentally crams a football into his helmet's ear hole. Broncos fans who have tried to make Tebow Time happen again with the "Clever Trevor Endeavor" fall into despair when Trevor Siemian throws three interceptions to Charles Tillman, whom the Patriots signed when no one was paying attention. Patriots win 16-10. John Elway tries to offer Bill Belichick two second-round picks for Jimmy Garoppolo but gets tackled by Bill O'Brien. Peyton Manning enjoys turkey with family and friends and wonders why the heck he didn't think of this retirement thing sooner.

Saturday, Dec. 24: The Rams beat the 49ers to raise their record to 7-8. Jeff Fisher is given the keys to the city of Los Angeles. Chip Kelly and Trent Baalke are now giving separate, simultaneous and contradictory press conferences.

Sunday, Jan. 1: The Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and Redskins all finish with 7-9 records. The NFC East is decided by the rare and unprecedented "119th tiebreaker": most six-yard slants completed against divisional opponents. See that: Josh Norman really is overrated!

Friday, Jan. 6: James Harrison sneers at his captors from inside an indestructible holding cell before a Steelers-Bengals game. "If he's our 'prisoner,' how come he looks like the only person who wants to be here?" a panicked Andy Dalton asks Marvin Lewis.

Saturday, Jan. 8: The Chiefs lose a playoff game when their two-minute drill actually stops the earth from rotating on its axis.

Tuesday, Jan. 10: A humiliating Bengals playoff loss brings the traditional results: Marvin Lewis remains the team's head coach, and both coordinators become head coaches for other teams. That unsettling sound heard throughout New England is Bill Belichick's laughter.

Sunday, Jan. 22: Newton-Wilson VIII in the NFC Championship Game. Wilson throws a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin with the entire Panthers defensive line draped on him. Newton's comeback bid fails when he makes the mistake of throwing a 60-yard Hail Mary directly into Ted Ginn Jr.'s hands. Newton arrives for the postgame press conference in April. Marshawn Lynch celebrates his former team's return to the Super Bowl with a NSFW review of the 2017 Porsche Cayenne on YouTube (to be expected of a luxury car review).

Saturday, Feb. 4: The NFL hands out its awards. Brady wins MVP, Antonio Brown is Offensive Player of the Year, Watt gets Defensive Player of the Year and Ezekiel Elliott takes Rookie of the Year. Comeback Player of the Year goes to Chad Pennington, which tells you all you need to know about how the Jets' quarterback situation worked out.

Sunday, Feb. 5: Super Bowl LI. The Patriots take a 21-17 lead with two minutes left. The Seahawks drive down to the 1-yard line, where Russell Wilson is sacked because emergency left tackle Jimmy Graham (replacing the left tackle who started for the team throughout the playoffs: Drake) whiffs on a block of Dwight Freeney, whom the Patriots signed when no one was paying attention. Marshawn Lynch eats turkey while road-testing a Jaguar F-Pace and wonders why he didn't think of this freaking retirement thing sooner.

Monday, Feb. 6: Investigators discover that Rob Gronkowski's Super Bowl cleats were 0.05 of an inch longer than regulation. Attempts to reach Gronk after the game prove unsuccessful when his cellphone is found in the mud wrestling pool of a Houston gentleman's club.

Will CleatGate cast doubt on the Patriots legacy? Will Gronk make jokes about his extra-long cleats? Will Cardinals fans complain in the comment thread about their team not getting mentioned in this article? Those questions, and many others, are far too stressful for you to worry about in early July.

Mike Tanier covers the NFL for Bleacher Report. Follow him on Twitter at @MikeTanier.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 06, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »

http://www.espn.co.uk/american-fb/story/_/id/16823583/why-nfl-players-never-make-nba-mlb-money-andrew-luck-mike-conley

Interesting read regarding NBA v NFL salaries now the NBA salary cap has ballooned this summer to monster new levels.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2016, 08:45:53 AM »

Can someone explain what a "franchise tag" is, please?

Been following the Von Miller story, and it seems he is refusing to play under a franchise tag. If only we knew what one of those was.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2016, 09:03:19 AM »

It's given to one player per team to keep them there. I believe it restricts their contract which is why he's not happy because he was probably the best defensive player on the league last year he wants to get paid.  And seeing as Fletcher Cox got the biggest ever non-qb contract a few weeks back he will want more than that.

Seems it's in place so that owners can use the money they'd spend on their top player in other areas of the team to strengthen the team. So that player gets 'less than their worth' in the idea that better players can be brought in

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2016, 09:12:55 AM »

It's given to one player per team to keep them there. I believe it restricts their contract which is why he's not happy because he was probably the best defensive player on the league last year he wants to get paid.  And seeing as Fletcher Cox got the biggest ever non-qb contract a few weeks back he will want more than that.

Seems it's in place so that owners can use the money they'd spend on their top player in other areas of the team to strengthen the team. So that player gets 'less than their worth' in the idea that better players can be brought in

Gotcha, thank you.

He was interviewed on TV, and seemed a decent and reasonable sort of chap.

He has been offered a lot more money in a long term deal but is not happy with it, and so a his team said he must accept it, or he gets put on a franchise tag, and Von said he'd rather sit out the season that accept the franchise tag thing.

Sounds to me like he has made a 5 bet.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: