blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:25:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 198315 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: October 18, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »

Nevada governor signs bill to approve Las Vegas stadium plan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722987/article/nevada-governor-signs-bill-to-approve-las-vegas-stadium-plan?campaign=Twitter_atn

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 18, 2016, 02:50:32 PM »

anyone going to the first game at Twickers this weekend?

Yes. Is it a royal pain to get to? Some of us folk are heading from north of Watford and it looks like it'll take longer to get to Richmond from Euston than it takes to get to Euston from Birmingham.

Thought London was supposed to have transport links Roll Eyes

Was hoping you'd be able to help me!!! I'm coming from Notts sonny train goes to st Pancras and it looks like it's gonna be a challenge to get there to say the least!!!

Not at all.

From St Pancras Station (which is, effectively, the same place as Kings Cross Station), you can use the Northern Line, but it involves quite a trek at St Pancras, so better to take the Victoria Line to Green Park, then Jubilee Line to Waterloo. 

Thanks for this Tikay. I'm currently in a pot due to broken foot so minimal walking is my aim!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 18, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

Yes. Is it a royal pain to get to? Some of us folk are heading from north of Watford and it looks like it'll take longer to get to Richmond from Euston than it takes to get to Euston from Birmingham.

Was hoping you'd be able to help me!!! I'm coming from Notts sonny train goes to st Pancras and it looks like it's gonna be a challenge to get there to say the least!!!

Not at all.

From St Pancras Station (which is, effectively, the same place as Kings Cross Station), you can use the Northern Line, but it involves quite a trek at St Pancras, so better to take the Victoria Line to Green Park, then Jubilee Line to Waterloo. 

Thanks for this Tikay. I'm currently in a pot due to broken foot so minimal walking is my aim!

Yikes, you have a tidy walk at the Twickenham end of the journey.

How did you manage that?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ruud

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 19, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »

Not at all.

How did you manage that?

Not thrilled about that walking then!!! How far we talking? I had thought maybe I should go to Vauxhall and get the proper train from there?

Very embarrassing - fell off a climbing wall the first time, then just when it was on the verge of being fixed, I fell over putting my shoe on to re-break it.

Classy bloke, me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 19, 2016, 11:30:51 AM »

Not at all.

How did you manage that?

Not thrilled about that walking then!!! How far we talking? I had thought maybe I should go to Vauxhall and get the proper train from there?

Very embarrassing - fell off a climbing wall the first time, then just when it was on the verge of being fixed, I fell over putting my shoe on to re-break it.

Classy bloke, me.

Vauxhall to Twickenham 35 minutes

up the stairs, turn right out of Twickenham station. 10 minute walk without a pot on/follow the crowds

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »

Shuttle buses will be running from Richmond, Hounslow and Waterloo.

http://www.nfluk.com/news/internationalseries/article-1/Getting-To-Twickenham/0e21a072-a5bb-4955-ad8d-1d58a07a6f65

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 19, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »

What was the reason given for playing this match at Twickenham?

Can't imagine it will have same atmosphere/vibe as the Wembley games.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 19, 2016, 12:15:39 PM »

3 games going there in the next three years. RFU outbid Wembley stadium Ltd for a package of games

Proximity to heathrow and training bases that side of London reduces travel time for the teams too, and reputedly the Giants (who i think fly in late) were quite happy it wasn't Wembley

Obviously Wembley is great, agree on the atmosphere. A full Twickenham is some sight when you are in it though, very good acoustics

My eyes are open wide
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 19, 2016, 12:29:30 PM »

3 games going there in the next three years. RFU outbid Wembley stadium Ltd for a package of games

Proximity to heathrow and training bases that side of London reduces travel time for the teams too, and reputedly the Giants (who i think fly in late) were quite happy it wasn't Wembley

Obviously Wembley is great, agree on the atmosphere. A full Twickenham is some sight when you are in it though, very good acoustics

Would imagine the pitch will take the punishment better than Wembley.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 19, 2016, 12:32:17 PM »

Not at all.

How did you manage that?

Classy bloke, me.

Yup, Victoria Line to Vauxhall works just as well, but it's a naff station, whereas Waterloo rocks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 19, 2016, 09:00:20 PM »

I'm going to the game at the weekend, via Victoria. A couple of the guys going go to twickers or the Stoop regularly so should know our quickest route there
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2016, 12:50:40 AM »

Any opinions on tomorrow nights match? I'm really uninspired by it tbh. Packers aren't playing well. Bears aren't very good. Division match. And at Lambeau so have to look towards Green Bay. But man. I'm really not feeling anything.

Can't see Knile Davis doing too much after 2 days. Guessing it'll still be Montgomery out of the backfield and a lot of passing. The green bay o line has been giving Rodgers so much time but he hasn't been finding players. Thinking it might be a decent game for Cobb providing Davis doesn't get too much workload.

Hoyer throws 300 yds per game. But struggles to get tds. Guess Jordan Howard. Cameron Meridian and Zach Miller there. Packers secondary is fairly good in general. They were top rush defence before Zeke. But in fairness they were the only decent rush team they've played so far. Jordan Howard has looked pretty good so far. So I think he'll be fine

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 20, 2016, 09:28:01 AM »

Cavey, looks like a rotten game to bet on. Actually, looks like a rotten game full stop. Would quite like the Bears to find a win. If Jeffery is fit, the Packers have been allowing 118.8 yards per game to opposing WR1s this season, and it's not like it's all garbage time stuff.

That's all I have there. Time better spent sleeping, I'd venture.

Strength of remaining schedule. Comparing the teams in contention for the number 1 overall pick next year, it's impressive how much the 49ers have ahead of them, compared with the Browns and the Bears (who seem to be the other two).

http://nfltraderumors.co/2016-nfl-strength-schedule/

Anyone think it could be a fourth team, out of interest? The Jets seem possible, although I can't get over that they should have enough talent to win 4 games.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »

Cavey, looks like a rotten game to bet on. Actually, looks like a rotten game full stop. Would quite like the Bears to find a win. If Jeffery is fit, the Packers have been allowing 118.8 yards per game to opposing WR1s this season, and it's not like it's all garbage time stuff.

That's all I have there. Time better spent sleeping, I'd venture.

Strength of remaining schedule. Comparing the teams in contention for the number 1 overall pick next year, it's impressive how much the 49ers have ahead of them, compared with the Browns and the Bears (who seem to be the other two).

http://nfltraderumors.co/2016-nfl-strength-schedule/

Anyone think it could be a fourth team, out of interest? The Jets seem possible, although I can't get over that they should have enough talent to win 4 games.

That was pretty much my thinking on tonights game. There's nothing there that interest me. I'll do a little write up. And probably pick something. But won't be much. Jeffrey seems fit enough. Just not targetted at all.

Regards to first pick. I think the Browns will get a win. There's at least some effort there. Hopefully not this week vs my Bengals. But I wouldn't be shocked to see Hue come in and get the W. Not sure on the injury update for Hyde after last week. But if he's gone. The niners are done. I don't think the Bears are in the same category as them or the niners, for some reason I think they're ok, I can't really explain it! The Jets have had a horrible start. And a horrible schedule. I think they'll be fine. Until last week I might of floated the Dolphins as they were garbage. But that win against the Steelers could be a turning point. Apparently they had their ideal OL out there and it obviously helped Ajayi.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »

Nevada governor signs bill to approve Las Vegas stadium plan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000722987/article/nevada-governor-signs-bill-to-approve-las-vegas-stadium-plan?campaign=Twitter_atn

Click to see full-size image.

Any idea where exactly in Vegas this is planned to be?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: