blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272586 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 210576 times)
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: August 18, 2021, 12:14:37 PM »

Sean Lock.  Funny guy.

RIP.

Only 58. Cancer apparently. What a shame.

BBC News - Sean Lock: Comedian and 8 Out of 10 Cats captain dies aged 58
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58254859

Very sad news indeed. Just his presence on a show was enough for me. A very funny man (he reminds me of one of my best friends too, which may have a lot to do with my admiration for him as a comedian) who seemed genuine & well liked. Never managed to see him live, which is now a regret.

RIP Sean
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 18, 2021, 12:47:51 PM »

If he did nothing else in his career, and he very much did, then ‘15 Storeys High’ would be a fabulous thing to be remembered by.

Such a waste that he has gone so early.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 18, 2021, 01:22:47 PM »

Very sad news. RIP the hilarious Sean Lock.😪

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 24, 2021, 05:52:52 PM »

RIP Charlie.

Always struck me as a genuinely lovely man. 80 years old, quite an innings.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 24, 2021, 06:06:21 PM »

RIP Charlie.

RIP Charlie
I was fortunate to get to meet him and Ronnie Wood backstage at  the  Rolling Stones concert in Macau a few years ago

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 24, 2021, 08:24:56 PM »

RIP Charlie.

RIP a genuine music legend. Backbone of the Stones for almost 60 years, incredible.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 24, 2021, 09:55:49 PM »

truly insane that the stones have rocked aaround the worlld for 60 years earning more nad more the older they got!   End of an era as a band.   No four men have lived a better life for 60 years than these boys did.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 25, 2021, 10:38:39 AM »

Astonishing that he could largely avoid the excesses of Rolling Stones’ life on the road. Coincidentally, I’m just finishing Keef’s autobiography and was delighted to read that Charlie never lost his cool even after losing his temper. Having been woken in the early hours by a drunken Jagger on the hotel phone summoning ‘his drummer’, Charlie got up, showered, shaved, dressed himself to the tee and proceeded to Mick’s room and laid him out with a very solid right hook. Even more respect.

RIP Charlie
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 25, 2021, 10:45:01 AM »

Astonishing that he could largely avoid the excesses of Rolling Stones’ life on the road. Coincidentally, I’m just finishing Keef’s autobiography and was delighted to read that Charlie never lost his cool even after losing his temper. Having been woken in the early hours by a drunken Jagger on the hotel phone summoning ‘his drummer’, Charlie got up, showered, shaved, dressed himself to the tee and proceeded to Mick’s room and laid him out with a very solid right hook. Even more respect.

RIP Charlie

Slightly off-topic, but if you are referring to "Life", that's a terrific read & features this wonderful 'photo;

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 25, 2021, 02:48:41 PM »

RIP Charlie

Slightly off-topic, but if you are referring to "Life", that's a terrific read & features this wonderful 'photo;

Yes, that’s the one. Published in 2010, it’s been an enjoyable read, especially since it’s clearly from his own seemingly unedited ramblings. I’m pretty certain that he’s forgotten 1000x more than he remembered. Open in his disdain for child-molester Bill Perks, but equally so in his admiration of the drumming of Charlie Watts. He attempts to explain his longevity by emphasizing the purity of the drugs (esp Heroin) he was addicted to for so many years...
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #880 on: September 07, 2021, 08:38:15 AM »

So sad to hear of the death of Michael Kenneth Williams.Played two of the greatest characters Chalky White and the brilliant Omar.Rest in Peace.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/michael-kenneth-williams-dies-1234662508/?fbclid=IwAR0MJ1G_i16sijrJeQGENV2hyaVQKjhCObq56uoCANK_UcfRfQPip1PDelA

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 07, 2021, 12:54:24 PM »

So sad to hear of the death of Michael Kenneth Williams.Played two of the greatest characters Chalky White and the brilliant Omar.Rest in Peace.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/michael-kenneth-williams-dies-1234662508/?fbclid=IwAR0MJ1G_i16sijrJeQGENV2hyaVQKjhCObq56uoCANK_UcfRfQPip1PDelA

Very sad way to go.   Couldn't beat his demons.   Haven't seen Boardwalk Empire, but Omar was a massive character in The Wire.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 07, 2021, 03:19:14 PM »

Saw that he'd died yesterday. Very sad.

Great actor, and Omar one of the all time great characters.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 16, 2021, 08:15:25 PM »

I never had one of his computers or played him at poker, but he was still a legend.  RIP Clive Sinclair

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 16, 2021, 08:46:20 PM »

1982 my first spectrum thanks for everything Sir Clive RIP

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: