blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:48:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272431 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 206717 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2016, 07:07:59 PM »

Prince gone now, only 57.... RIP
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 07:09:03 PM »

http://www.etonline.com/news/187186_celebs_and_wwe_stars_react_to_chyna_s_death/
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 07:43:34 PM »

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 07:59:41 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 07:46:52 PM »

Another shock

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 08:51:23 PM »

Prince Rogers Nelson was the sound of my teenage years. Saw him in '85 and was blown away. An absolute genius.

3:25 onwards

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:11 PM »

Supremely talented artist ,never managed to see him live ,R.I.P

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 10:17:03 PM »

Saw him live in 1988 still one of the best live performances I've ever seen. Purple Rain was the first CD I ever bought. RIP the great Prince.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 12:18:16 AM »

More celebrities are dying because there are more celebrities.

Someone should organise a competition on here of 'Guess the next celebrity to die'.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 12:19:29 AM »

Someone should organise a competition on here of 'Guess the next celebrity to die'.

Yeah that was done, but the professional offence takers did errrr.....
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 12:25:45 AM »

You're kidding. It's such a good time to do it - I can think of loads of celebs who haven't died yet.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 12:28:35 AM »

You're kidding. It's such a good time to do it - I can think of loads of celebs who haven't died yet.

Go for it...
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 12:36:03 AM »

There are more 'lolceleb's' for sure in 2016 however most of them we won't be discussing them when they die.  Kerry Katona and her like will not discussed when they die.  They are the bulk of celeb's in the modern world.  They are not celebs just chancers.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 01:01:36 AM »

There are more 'lolceleb's' for sure in 2016 however most of them we won't be discussing them when they die.  Kerry Katona and her like will not discussed when they die.  They are the bulk of celeb's in the modern world.  They are not celebs just chancers.

I guarantee you are wrong.

David Gest seemed like a nice guy and I'm sad for his friends and family he has died.

But really was it worth front page news?

If DG got the front page treatment when he passed on, Kerry Katona is a nailed on certainty to receive the same.

The press (so I assume they've done their homework and know what their readers enjoy reading about) and the majority of the general public have a mawkish fascination with celebrities dying.

But it means when a true global superstar (like Bowie or Prince) dies, there's nowhere they can go further to recognise that someone of real importance has left us.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:08:16 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »

David Gest seemed like a nice guy and I'm sad for his friends and family he has died.

If DG got the front page treatment when he passed on, Kerry Katona is a nailed on certainty to receive the same.

Would you back yourself to out live Kerry?  Think i would even though i have an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle and she got nearly 10 years on me.  Pretty sure we will see the evidence when she dies with our own eyes.  It would be a really sad situation if chancers like her got the proper talented celeb treatment when they die.  Says a lot about how celeb culture has changed in the past 15 years since BB started.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 01:07:22 AM »

Would you back yourself to out live Kerry?  Think i would even though i have an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle and she got nearly 10 years on me.  Pretty sure we will see the evidence when she dies with our own eyes.  It would be a really sad situation if chancers like her got the proper talented celeb treatment when they die.  Says a lot about how celeb culture has changed in the past 15 years since BB started.

8/15 Camel goes first, 11/8 Kerry

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 81 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: