blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:59:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  They are dropping like flies at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 82 Go Down Print
Author Topic: They are dropping like flies at the moment  (Read 210892 times)
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: November 21, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »

RIP Peter Florjancic aged 101 - what a life.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54991711

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 25, 2020, 04:39:26 PM »

Maradona.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 25, 2020, 04:55:14 PM »

In 2014, Maradona said of his drug use: 'I gave my opponents a big advantage. Do you know the player I could have been if I hadn't taken drugs?'  That is quite a scary thought that a top 5 in history player spent his entire career as high as a kite.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #753 on: November 25, 2020, 05:22:58 PM »

Maradona.

Didn't know much about him but watched the Maradona documentary a couple of days ago. What an amazing story.

RIP

The older I get, the better I was.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 25, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1331664612807368706

Imagine warming up like this nowadays in the world of sports science and robotic training!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 25, 2020, 07:05:42 PM »

When the news popped up both me and my other half compared him to George Best.

Two hours after I'm browsing Twitter, only to see that not only did Maradona die on the same date as Best, 15 years later, they were both 60 years old at the time of death.

Spooky.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 26, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »

Two hours after I'm browsing Twitter, only to see that not only did Maradona die on the same date as Best, 15 years later, they were both 60 years old at the time of death.

Spooky.

I think the fact that they died on the same date at the same age is where the comparisons should end. Maradona was levels above Best imo.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 07:23:06 PM by celtic » Logged

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 27, 2020, 08:10:37 AM »

More the skilful footballers who had legendary careers but lived very flawed lives. Eerily similar in some ways, yet completely different in others.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: November 27, 2020, 09:56:47 AM »

Spooky.

I think the fact that they died on the same date at the same age is where the comparisons should end. Maradona was levels above Best imo.

Comparing footballers across a 15 year age gap is tricky so it’s understandable that you could be wrong about this.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: November 27, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »

Spooky.

Comparing footballers across a 15 year age gap is tricky so it’s understandable that you could be wrong about this.

I agree with Celtic but I'm comparing the opinions of posters across a 15 year age gap so I could be wrong.

Is there any way we can work BMI into the equation?

I have no idea what I'm on about, I just wanted to join the conversation.

The older I get, the better I was.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: November 27, 2020, 12:07:16 PM »

Spooky.

I agree with Celtic but I'm comparing the opinions of posters across a 15 year age gap so I could be wrong.

Is there any way we can work BMI into the equation?

I have no idea what I'm on about, I just wanted to join the conversation.

Maradona’s BMI was also levels above George Best’s too.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: November 27, 2020, 12:26:07 PM »

Spooky.

I’m open to being convinced otherwise.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: November 27, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »

Spooky.

Meh, you think Maradonna could do this on a wet Saturday in January?
#Invalid YouTube Link#

Personally, I rank Maradonna Top Ten, possibly Top Five. Certainly behind Messi and CR7 in the fulfilled potential lists.
In the ‘brilliant but flawed’ category he’s close to level with Best.

Reasonable enough for you?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: November 27, 2020, 04:59:35 PM »

Spooky.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Personally, I rank Maradonna Top Ten, possibly Top Five. Certainly behind Messi and CR7 in the fulfilled potential lists.

I'm just more confused.

I was saying Maradona v Best in a straight up 'who was better?' debate, that Maradona has to be levels above Best. I get the feeling you disagree. I asked 5 football fans and they all said Maradona was way better. If you're not disputing that, then I apologise.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: November 27, 2020, 05:14:43 PM »

Spooky.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

I'm just more confused.

I was saying Maradona v Best in a straight up 'who was better?' debate, that Maradona has to be levels above Best. I get the feeling you disagree. I asked 5 football fans and they all said Maradona was way better. If you're not disputing that, then I apologise.

They all said he was levels above?  Best wasted his talent more, but Best clearly wasn't that far behind Maradona when he was at his peak.  Levels implies a massive gulf between the two. 

I think there is an issue comparing between generations as Messi has likely done more than Maradona ever did, and is likely better technically than Maradona was at his peak.  Both were clearly the best at their peak; and you'd struggle to  argue Best wasn't amongst the very best when he was at his peak.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 82 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: