blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:17:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170215 times)
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 15, 2018, 09:48:12 PM »

Stokes charged, my ex copper colleague called it.....oh well....will we next see him earning 7 figs in the IPL or is that too soon?

He won’t be missing out on ipl now especially as he will be available for it all depending on when the trial is
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 16, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »

If Stokes has any sense at all he pleads guilty, submits the mitigation evidence that is going around the media (provoked, defending young gay couple, other guy had a bottle), gets 33% knocked off for his guilty plea, probably gets community service and a chunky fine. If the mitigation evidence is true (not saying it is), no way in hell the magistrates give him a custodial - could you imagine the headlines? "England Cricket Star defends gay couple, gets sent down!" Not happening.

If the mitigation evidence is bullshit and there's evidence he started it, he's doing time.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 16, 2018, 05:04:37 PM »

Deffo going to take a trip to see some of the English players in the IPL someday, can’t go this year and next year is RWC which will cost a pretty penny, someday though for sure.....
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 16, 2018, 05:13:19 PM »

If Stokes has any sense at all he pleads guilty, submits the mitigation evidence that is going around the media (provoked, defending young gay couple, other guy had a bottle), gets 33% knocked off for his guilty plea, probably gets community service and a chunky fine. If the mitigation evidence is true (not saying it is), no way in hell the magistrates give him a custodial - could you imagine the headlines? "England Cricket Star defends gay couple, gets sent down!" Not happening.

If the mitigation evidence is bullshit and there's evidence he started it, he's doing time.

Yes well odds on, fine and community service. The "defending others" works up to a point...it's that last punch that could be a problem with the judge.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 16, 2018, 05:41:04 PM »

If I was a judge I'd be taking a dim view of that last punch. I don't think you should be able to deck someone in that way without being sent down
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 16, 2018, 05:57:32 PM »

If I was a judge I'd be taking a dim view of that last punch. I don't think you should be able to deck someone in that way without being sent down

Seems a bit harsh, we could fill our jails 5 x over if we took that view with every scrap that happened across our city centres at weekends across the country.
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 16, 2018, 06:06:05 PM »

Had a re-watch and it isn't quite as bad as I remembered. But the man is backing away with his hands up and gets absolutely twatted to the extent he can't move from the floor. Seems more than what happens in a regular scrap. Will be interesting to see what happens.
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 17, 2018, 08:01:47 AM »

Looks worse than it is maybe?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 17, 2018, 11:23:18 AM »

Just so I get this right... you can’t play cricket for England if you’re under investigation for a crime

but you can play if the police / CPS believe there’s sufficient evidence to charge you with affray and you maintain your innocence.

seems all askew to me.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 17, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »

Just so I get this right... you can’t play cricket for England if you’re under investigation for a crime

but you can play if the police / CPS believe there’s sufficient evidence to charge you with affray and you maintain your innocence.

seems all askew to me.

The whole thing makes no sense at all to me.  Surely there must be more to it than this behind the scenes?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 17, 2018, 03:33:52 PM »

seems all askew to me.

Wasn't there a possibility he could have been charged with GBH?  In those circumstances the missed ashes series could be viewed as a reasonable punishment.  Now he is charged with a less serious crime, the punushment is too severe.

I am not suggesting this was their thinking, it is just a possible explanation that would fit what we know.

If they were aware of the potential charges, then it may also help explain some of the New Zealand tour selection decisions?   Though they shouldn't really have been tipped off about this.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 18, 2018, 08:59:35 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 18, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »

Pujara > Root?

Absolute nonsense. Always got the impression he was a complete flat track bully.

Would much rather have Root or Williamson in ahead of Pujara.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 18, 2018, 09:53:14 PM »

Pujara > Root?

Absolute nonsense. Always got the impression he was a complete flat track bully.

Would much rather have Root or Williamson in ahead of Pujara.

Pujara very good at home, and that's basically all India have played this year!

I always wish they'd do these teams with the correct balance, I.E the number 5 spot for the best player in 2017 who actually batted 5. So by that measure Faf was the best number 5 last year. Similar with ODi team, QDK coming in 6 ... has opened in 85/88 ODi appearances :-)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 19, 2018, 12:02:32 AM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeCgICnH4v9/

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: