blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  England Cricket chat
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: England Cricket chat  (Read 170306 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 27, 2019, 12:30:31 PM »

They might persevere with Curran, paid a lot for him (shouldn't matter but it usually does) and only other option in that role are Henriques (doesn't bowl much any more). Other way they'd go is Ashwin up to 7 and pick another overseas bat (Miller/Pooran) and play another domestic bowler. You'd imagine banker 3 overseas will be Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb.

If he gets games it'll be a good learning curve for him, as with the ball he'll struggle to get it swinging and could be fodder if he doesn't adapt and with the bat he'll be in some high-pressure match situations coming in 7.

Hi Nell,

Do you have a Twitter account?

Saw something cricket-related on there which looked a little like your "handwriting" but it disappeared before I could delve into it or "Follow". 

@nellbergcricket

fair warning, I'm normally just arguing with Australian's on there or complaining about captains doing dumb shit haha

That's the one, thank you, you have a new Follow now.

Do you engage with @SimUKCricket? He can be more abrasive than Bancroft's sandpaper. Has some entertaining views on the Australians & Indians, though has an unfortunate habit of referring to those he dislikes as "mongs" which annoys me intensely.

Decent club cricketer himself I believe, plays a decent game of poker, too. Nice bloke in real life.

Yeh, I get on with Sim. His one-man crusade against Steve Smith (or Steve Myth as he calls him) is worth following him for alone haha. Manners and bad language go out the window a bit online, on twitter it's X100.

Aye, think he's a decent cricketer in "real life", where as the rest of us probably just talk a good game haha
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 27, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »

^^^^

Ha, yes, he has a bit of a thing about Steve "Robotic" Myth.

I enjoy his stuff, quite thought provoking, just I don't like seeing that word used as it is.

I don't have deep cricket knowledge, so it helps me to follow guys like you & him.

Yesterday, after someone suggested Steve Smith should have been Mankad'd, he Tweeted;

Shouldn't really try to get him out. Let him stay in and soak up balls IMO.

That really interested me, as I'd never thought of that angle.

He also Tweeted yesterday.....

Mr Myth is not the smartest. Even the sandpaper they used was bright yellow.

Fair comment, too.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 12:40:44 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 27, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »

^^^^

Ha, yes, he has a bit of a thing about Steve "Robotic" Myth.

I enjoy his stuff, quite thought provoking, just I don't like seeing that word used as it is.

I don't have deep cricket knowledge, so it helps me to follow guys like you & him.

Yesterday, after someone suggested Steve Smith should have been Mankad'd, he Tweeted;

Shouldn't really try to get him out. Let him stay in and soak up balls IMO.

That really interested me, as I'd never thought of that angle.

As soon as anyone gets off to a slow start the debate on whether you should retire a batsman out begins haha. Think even Dhawan was getting stick yesterday. Wouldn't be doing it with Delhi, who've gone with only 5 batsman this season (some top 5 mind you, but drop off is alarming from 5 to 6).

Don't think it will be long till it happens to be fair. If you have someone like Andre Russell next in and your "anchor" opener is chewing up balls, it would be a positive tactical move to get him in etc
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 27, 2019, 11:14:13 PM »

They might persevere with Curran, paid a lot for him (shouldn't matter but it usually does) and only other option in that role are Henriques (doesn't bowl much any more). Other way they'd go is Ashwin up to 7 and pick another overseas bat (Miller/Pooran) and play another domestic bowler. You'd imagine banker 3 overseas will be Gayle, Tye and Mujeeb.

If he gets games it'll be a good learning curve for him, as with the ball he'll struggle to get it swinging and could be fodder if he doesn't adapt and with the bat he'll be in some high-pressure match situations coming in 7.

Good call on Miller, though slightly strange to change so many players from a winning team
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 28, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »

Good call on Miller, though slightly strange to change so many players from a winning team

4 changes was extreme, Miller/Tye coming in is fair enough but other changes looked bizarre. Viljoen/Chakravarty instead of Mujeeb/Rajpoot would be picking 2 worse options for me. I'd swap Mandeep with Sarfaraz also, Mandeep has opened in the past so be fine batting 4 where as Sarfaraz is suited to death overs.

Ashwin has a reputation of being a "quirky" captain, and they look a franchise capable of self-destruction at the best of times so I'll expect weird stuff all the way through.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 28, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »

4 changes was extreme, Miller/Tye coming in is fair enough but other changes looked bizarre. Viljoen/Chakravarty instead of Mujeeb/Rajpoot would be picking 2 worse options for me. I'd swap Mandeep with Sarfaraz also, Mandeep has opened in the past so be fine batting 4 where as Sarfaraz is suited to death overs.

Ashwin has a reputation of being a "quirky" captain, and they look a franchise capable of self-destruction at the best of times so I'll expect weird stuff all the way through.

Quirky? Is that another word bad sportsman?  Cheesy
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 03, 2019, 09:39:30 AM »

Curran has gone from a number 7/8 who's only any good with the new ball to a pinch-hitting opener and death bowling king :-)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 13, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »

Buttler on fire now.....
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 16, 2019, 11:35:59 PM »

Some of the England one day bowlers getting worried about Archer, the way he's bowling it wont be long before he's in the team
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 17, 2019, 11:36:32 AM »

He didn't make the prelim squad, but in the 17 for Pakistan series. Performs well there and they'll find a spot for him, either take a bowler out or Denly.

Injury replacements can be made during the tournament so Denly could be vulnerable, Hales comes in for a bat if they want to rotate/short term injury, already have 2 all-rounders with likes of Woakes more than capable, already 2 spin options in there etc etc. Could see him making way. Also be less fuss about a player losing his spot in the squad that's got them to #1 in the world, as Denly hasn't played an ODI side 2009.
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 17, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »

He didn't make the prelim squad, but in the 17 for Pakistan series. Performs well there and they'll find a spot for him, either take a bowler out or Denly.

Injury replacements can be made during the tournament so Denly could be vulnerable, Hales comes in for a bat if they want to rotate/short term injury, already have 2 all-rounders with likes of Woakes more than capable, already 2 spin options in there etc etc. Could see him making way. Also be less fuss about a player losing his spot in the squad that's got them to #1 in the world, as Denly hasn't played an ODI side 2009.

I'm not entirely sure what he brings to the squad anyway to be honest. Surely Archer a better option that Denly - already heaps of batting in that squad!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »

Archer can bat too and is excellent in the field
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 04, 2019, 01:01:47 PM »

Wrong thread really (do we even have a CWC thread?) but a great game in progress at Cardiff between Sri Lanka & Afghanistan.

Afghanistan won the toss & inserted Sri Lanka, only to be blown away early doors with Sri Lanka racing to 91 in 13 overs before losing a wicket. Think thry had 30 on the board in the first 2 overs including about 15 extras, it was carnage. It was the highest first 10 over score in the CWC so far.

Now? 178-7 in 31 overs, & Sri Lanka are going to struggle to make 250.

Would love to see the plucky Afghans win this.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 01:04:27 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 04, 2019, 01:02:22 PM »

Make that 180-8.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 04, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »

And the fun is spoilt by rain, so they are off the field now, & a lengthy delay looks inevitable.

No idea who that most favours, & I don't know enough about the CWC to know if Heath Robinson Duckworth-Lewis is applied, & if so, whom it favours.

Shame, was brewing up to be a great game.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: