blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:02:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Pokemon GO
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokemon GO  (Read 15569 times)
exstream

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2016, 10:17:01 AM »

Who has it?!
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »

Guilty, have had it a few days now, gotta catch 'em all!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 03:42:31 PM »

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 01:07:18 PM »

Cymru am byth
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:33 PM »

I need some help here. My 7 yr old son is absolutely desperate to play and I haven't got the foggiest what is going on. This has completely passed me by - can someone give me a quick run down on what that on Earth it's all about?
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 07:05:33 PM »

Time to buy him his first phone
One which is able to download the app 'Pokemon go'

Or give him your phone to drain the battery all day running around catching pokemon
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »

Or give him your phone to drain the battery all day running around catching pokemon

Buying him a phone at 7.  Fk that.  Give him a piece of paper and a pen and get him to draw some pokemon.  If he objects get him to mow the lawn.

Cheers

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 07:23:59 PM »

I need some help here. My 7 yr old son is absolutely desperate to play and I haven't got the foggiest what is going on. This has completely passed me by - can someone give me a quick run down on what that on Earth it's all about?

It has a minimum age of 13 recommended.

it's a marketing tool for Pokemon and hopefully a craze that will die away if enough of us hear the message posted by Mohican earlier

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

it's a marketing tool for Pokemon and hopefully a craze that will die away if enough of us hear the message posted by Mohican earlier

Why is it a bad thing, as your post(s) imply?

I think it's excellent, it's encouraging kids to go outside (which in this technological age is increasingly difficult), and moreover it's encouraging them to interact with each other, exercise, and appeals to the sort of kids who usually do just sit inside on computers/video games etc. Can be good fun for everyone too, I don't see the problem. Like collecting stamps, or coins, or any other sort of collection hobby, except this is digital and you can actually do something with your collection.

Fwiw, I haven't got it, and probably won't, because I tend to get quite obsessive over this sort of thing and have enough things to obsess over :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:19 PM »

Buying him a phone at 7.  Fk that.  Give him a piece of paper and a pen and get him to draw some pokemon.  If he objects get him to mow the lawn.

Cheers

Can use a cheap tablet instead of a phone.
No idea what you do though, my 9 year old into cricket atm thank fk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 11:54:13 PM »

Why is it a bad thing, as your post(s) imply?

I think it's excellent, it's encouraging kids to go outside (which in this technological age is increasingly difficult), and moreover it's encouraging them to interact with each other, exercise, and appeals to the sort of kids who usually do just sit inside on computers/video games etc. Can be good fun for everyone too, I don't see the problem. Like collecting stamps, or coins, or any other sort of collection hobby, except this is digital and you can actually do something with your collection.

Fwiw, I haven't got it, and probably won't, because I tend to get quite obsessive over this sort of thing and have enough things to obsess over :p

It's a strange world when children walking around viewing the world through a phone app is considered healthy.

But I didn't actually say it was a 'Bad Thing', I just highlighted the suggested minimum age and agreed with Karl that there should also be a maximum age.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 03:55:11 AM »

It's an augmented reality/geocaching game.  Basically you have to walk around your local area attempting to find pokemon.  The game uses GPS to track where you are and then spawns pokemon that you can catch.  It uses your camera so to find the pokemon as well, so it can look like the little critter is standing right there in the street.

There are lots of locations you can visit for items (pokestops) and to battle the pokemon you have caught (gyms).  These are all real world locations and you have to be within a certain distance to be able to use them.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:56 AM »

The concept is totally brilliant. Outdoors, interacting, shared interests etc.

If people of all ages enjoy it and they are harming no one then who are we to to judge?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:24:20 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »

I'm curious to know what people that are above the upper age limit should be doing instead BTW.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 10:38:20 AM »

I would grow much weaker.
Weather would be bleaker.
If I spent a week away from Pikachu.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »