blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:21:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272580 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2016/17  (Read 75197 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »

Please post in the thread if you would like to play. If you have played previously then you will get spammed about it anyway.

You must have been a blonde member for at least 3 months and have over 30 posts.

Mostly Blonde members are terrible at FPL so it's pretty easy pickings.

Cheers
Greg

Blonde Fantasy Premier League 2016/17

Prizepools
Blonde Poker Freeeeee!   29   £0 (+£50 added)
1st - £25
2nd - £15
3rd - £10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blonde Poker £10 Classic   19   £190 (+£10 added)
1st - £100
2nd - £60
3rd - £30
4th - £10 (added money)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blonde Poker Last Man Standing (£20)   24   £480 (+£40 added)
1st - £240
2nd - £160
3rd - £80
4th - £40 (added money)
The LMS will start in GW16 and the lowest score each week will be removed from the league until we reach the Last Man Standing in GW38. In the event of a tied lowest score, there will be a tie break. The tie break will be the same as the ingame FPL Cup tiebreak.
If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
1.Most goals scored in the Gameweek
2.Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
3.Virtual coin toss

Blonde Poker H2H (£20)   34   £680
1st - £300
2nd - £150
3rd - £100
Playoff Winner - £80
Runner up - £50
Blonde Poker £50 Classic   21   £1050 (+£50 added)
1st - £550
2nd - £300
3rd - £200
4th - £50 (added money)
Blonde Poker £100 Classic   16   £1600
1st - £800
2nd - £550
3rd - £250
(G) Blonde Poker Cups Package (£30)   31   £930
League Cup.
31 x £5 = £155
Winner - £80
Runner up - £45
Beaten semi finalists - £15 x 2
FA Cup
31 x £10 = £310
Winner - £160
Runner up - £90
Beaten semi finalists - £30 x 2
Champions League
31 x £15 = £465
Winner - £240
Runner up - £135
Beaten semi finalists - £45 x 2

Regarding the Cups package, we're following the format of the League Cup/FA Cup/Champions League as much as possible.
We're scheduled to start with the League Cup in GW5.
There are 31 entrants (MereNovice is the 32nd but he's Merely there to admin) so all teams will be drawn against each other and 1 lucky random team will have a 'bye' to the next round. It'll be H2H knockout and there will be 6 GWs play. The semi finals will be 2 leg affairs.
If we get a tie, the League Cup does not have replays so we'll go to a 'penalty shootout' tie break. The tie break will be the same as the ingame FPL Cup tiebreak.
If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
1.Most goals scored in the Gameweek
2.Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
3.Virtual coin toss

League Cup
GW5 = last 32.
GW6 = last 16.
GW7 = last 8.
GW8/9 = semi finals
GW10 = League Cup final.
The FA Cup is scheduled to start GW12.
It'll be played along the same principles, H2H knockout. There will be only 5GWs play as there are no 2 leg matches.
If we get a tie, the FA Cup has replays and we have enough spare weeks so we'll go to a replay the following week, which will obviously put back all the other ties by 1 week too. If there is a 2nd tie, the tie breaker will come into play.

FA Cup
GW12 = last 32
GW13 = last 16
GW14 = last 8
GW15 = semi finals
GW16 = FA Cup final.
If replays are required, all ties will be put back 1 week.
Champions League is scheduled to start GW18.
All 31 teams will be drawn into 8 groups of 4 (with one 'bye') and will play 2 round robin matches against each other for a total of 6 matches. Teams will receive 3pts for a win, 1pt for a draw. Teams will be seeded according to their positions in the league at the time of the draw.
The top 8 in the league will all be 1st seeds, teams positioned 9th-16th will be 2nd seeds, teams positioned 17th-24th will be 3rd seeds and teams positioned 25th-32nd (32nd will be a 'bye') will be 4th seeds.
The top 2 in each group will qualify for the last 16 where 2 leg matches will be played until the final.

Champions League
GW18-GW23 = group matches
GW24/GW25 = last 16
GW26/GW27 = last 8
GW28/GW29 = semi finals
GW30 = Champions League final.

All -4 hits in a GW will be deducted from your Cup score in that GW. This applies to all cup competitions.
If at any point a GW has less than 6 matches (due to postponements), the Cup GW will be declared void and the fixtures will move to the following week.
All draws will be administered by MereNovice and will be posted in the thread in advance.

Many thanks to Greg for raising the cash and to Gazza and RobM for the added money. Also many thanks to MereNovice who will again administer our Cups.
It was a remarkable feat by Greg to get even more money into the pot this year as prize pools in FPL cash leagues right across the Net are down this year. 2+2 has less than half than what they had last year, I think.
If a mod can replace the opening post in this thread with this post, that'd be much appreciated. 

« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:26:09 AM by TightEnd » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:50:33 PM »

Please post in the thread if you would like to play. If you have played previously then you will get spammed about it anyway.

You must have been a blonde member for at least 3 months and have over 30 posts.

Mostly Blonde members are terrible at FPL so it's pretty easy pickings.

Cheers
Greg

Cheers
Greg
ironside

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 06:06:34 PM »

I am in for whatever, hope to see a return of the £100 league.  Enjoyed it a lot due to the high standard last year despite donating.  It was also very well run by the admin on here.

I don't know if it is just me but I have to admit even after giving it a few days I do not like the new FPL website as much as the previous incarnation.  I prefer websites to have a normal site and an app, not a fan of this whole "mobile friendly" responsive website thing when your using a full blown laptop.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 06:30:00 PM »

Biggest downside of new website is you can't see your whole team on the same page

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »

In for Classic Format
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2016, 08:32:44 PM »

I'll do the free one, I tend to lose interest shortly after Christmas when I'm towards the bottom

kp24

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »

Will definitely at least have a go at the free one
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »

I'm in for all of them (money & free)

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 12:01:25 AM »

Yes, looking forward to as always.

No Ultimate FPL this year. :-( Loved that game more than the main one so pretty gutted.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

in please

having a quick initial look

how do you set/change captain in this version? can't see it anywhere

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 10:30:23 AM »

yes please
degston77

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »

in please

having a quick initial look

how do you set/change captain in this version? can't see it anywhere

Click on player and select captain or vice captain. 

I'll contribute again. 
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 11:39:52 AM »

In for another donation
Gazza

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 01:19:33 PM »

I think the leagues worked well last time round.  Maybe add a Last Man Standing (lowest scorer for that week drops out)?  They did that last season on TwoPlusTwo and it was a fun sweat.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »

New website looks gash

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: