blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Dan Lowe
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dan Lowe  (Read 14829 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »

Does anyone actually care about this shit?  I mean gamblers rip off other gamblers shocker.  Simple way of dealing with this don't lend to them. 

...... you know that's the point of these posts, right? To try and make sure people don't lend money to people who aren't safe to lend to?

Really? With the big ones I understand that but in the case of a few hundred here and there it's nothing more that getting one back against someone who's stimmed you for a few quid.

I get it, I really do but there's no need to sugar coat it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »

This is very strange, I feel like I'm being told off for posting this? He isn't an "unnamed player", he's pretty well known around the midlands and this post was never designed to get back at him, or to make him change his ways, or to make him pay up. Do you all think it would have been better for me to just leave it? So if he goes and nicks some money off someone else, they should just leave it too because you think it's too bowl of an amount to be worthy of posting?

The entire reason for posts like this (from me anyway) is to let people know someone might not be a good investment, so if they start asking people for staking (which seemed like a possibility in this case) or asking people to borrow money etc then if they've seen this they'll know there's a higher chance than usual that they'll get grimmed. This is the main reason why places like the negative feedback thread exist, and why people happily use them. There has been more than a few occasions when that thread in particular has saved people money, and the reason this was posted here as well is because people on here will know him.

If this was just about having a go at the guy, maybe rather than just tell everyone what happened we'd have called him a few names, maybe got a bit aggressive, maybe not said "This is not a post to slate Dan, it’s simply to make everyone here aware of the facts and to tell the truth over this issue, as it's being speculated about somewhat by people as it is", maybe not bothered updating when Dan started paying some of the money back?

Really not sure why I'm basically being told I've done something wrong and should stfu here.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 12:37:58 PM »

Ignore them Marris. They're just jealous cos no one wants to borrow their money.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 02:08:47 PM »

Ignore them Marris. They're just jealous cos no one wants to borrow their money.

Confirmed, no requests received

sola virtus nobilitat
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 03:19:39 PM »

Really not sure why I'm basically being told I've done something wrong and should stfu here.

Not at all mate, I was just using it as an oppurtunity to needle STATO YEP I'M CALLING HIM OUT, he hasn't bitten though Sad Alex enjoyed it, certainly didn't mean to make you feel bad.

Post on.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »

Keep them coming. Always like to hear about a good old grimming every now and then.

I still think it's about calling someone out to make you feel better about being muffed rather than protecting anyone else though and you'll struggle to convince me otherwise. I'm not faulting that by the way, I think people should be 'outed' more often as it's rife in the poker world.

I've been in a situation before where I was owed a reasonable amount for quite a while and was incredibly close to going public. Not sure what good it would've done other than make me feel better but I don't think anybody would've given a shit.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »

Does anyone actually care about this shit?  I mean gamblers rip off other gamblers shocker.  Simple way of dealing with this don't lend to them. 

...... you know that's the point of these posts, right? To try and make sure people don't lend money to people who aren't safe to lend to?

Really? With the big ones I understand that but in the case of a few hundred here and there it's nothing more that getting one back against someone who's stimmed you for a few quid.

I get it, I really do but there's no need to sugar coat it.

Meh.  If a hypothetical punter stiffs someone for a few hundred pretty sure they'd do the same for a bigger amount if given the chance.  Not sure why the amounts are relevant to be honest (unless the amount is disputed and immaterial to a larger transaction).
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 06:34:52 PM »

Surprised the word community hasn't been used yet. Easy to win t'internet if you say 'poker community'.

Would deffo have used that card against EvilPie there, hollow as it might've been.

You kinda did make the case but you do need to say the actual words 'poker community' for it to be valid I think.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 06:53:24 PM »

Keep them coming. Always like to hear about a good old grimming every now and then.

I still think it's about calling someone out to make you feel better about being muffed rather than protecting anyone else though and you'll struggle to convince me otherwise. I'm not faulting that by the way, I think people should be 'outed' more often as it's rife in the poker world.

I've been in a situation before where I was owed a reasonable amount for quite a while and was incredibly close to going public. Not sure what good it would've done other than make me feel better but I don't think anybody would've given a shit.

Correct, although you're quite big and quite a decent chap so I might have pretended

sola virtus nobilitat
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 08:25:57 PM »

The entire reason for posts like this (from me anyway) is to let people know someone might not be a good investment, so if they start asking people for staking (which seemed like a possibility in this case) or asking people to borrow money

Then lets just make a thread for every badly played hand in history.

** Breaking news ** A warning to the poker community.

A well known gambler from London, David Nicholson, aka lildave, aka Suuprilim, made an extremely loose peel preflop of a 4bet with J994r in a high stakes PLO cash game. And then called a flop bet on AK4. This is terrible play, and a warning to anyone considering staking him.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:27:34 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

Cheesy

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 08:45:03 PM »

This is very strange, I feel like I'm being told off for posting this? He isn't an "unnamed player", he's pretty well known around the midlands and this post was never designed to get back at him, or to make him change his ways, or to make him pay up. Do you all think it would have been better for me to just leave it? So if he goes and nicks some money off someone else, they should just leave it too because you think it's too bowl of an amount to be worthy of posting?

The entire reason for posts like this (from me anyway) is to let people know someone might not be a good investment, so if they start asking people for staking (which seemed like a possibility in this case) or asking people to borrow money etc then if they've seen this they'll know there's a higher chance than usual that they'll get grimmed. This is the main reason why places like the negative feedback thread exist, and why people happily use them. There has been more than a few occasions when that thread in particular has saved people money, and the reason this was posted here as well is because people on here will know him.

Well since it is not always you on the account...
If this was just about having a go at the guy, maybe rather than just tell everyone what happened we'd have called him a few names, maybe got a bit aggressive, maybe not said "This is not a post to slate Dan, it’s simply to make everyone here aware of the facts and to tell the truth over this issue, as it's being speculated about somewhat by people as it is", maybe not bothered updating when Dan started paying some of the money back?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »

The entire reason for posts like this (from me anyway) is to let people know someone might not be a good investment, so if they start asking people for staking (which seemed like a possibility in this case) or asking people to borrow money

Then lets just make a thread for every badly played hand in history.

** Breaking news ** A warning to the poker community.

A well known gambler from London, David Nicholson, aka lildave, aka Suuprilim, made an extremely loose peel preflop of a 4bet with J994r in a high stakes PLO cash game. And then called a flop bet on AK4. This is terrible play, and a warning to anyone considering staking him.

I PIOsolved that hand turns out it's fine.

No need to cancel any %'s guys.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2017, 12:05:29 PM »

Fwiw Matt I don't think you've done anything wrong, I think the point is if the gambler "community" (oh hai Mantis) thinks clubbing together and exposing people who are likely bad debtors is the correct course of action (I'm not saying it's not) there needs to be some sort of line drawn in the sand. I have heaps of £100-£300 debts that I've done someone a favour by lending them and they've just never paid it back. I've also myself in ym early days assively slow paid debts like this, actually a good story I remember from years and years ago,

I owed Salfi (who i know is not popular round here) £400, and my net worth at the time including his £400 was probably £800 - he asked for it back, I had it and didn't want to give him it, and gave pretty poor excuses everytime, after a while he rang me up and was like. Listen, I know you have it, I know you probably don't have more than 2x it behind and you don't want to give it to me, but this isn't has you conduct yourself if you're in gambling and I might be really useful time and time again in the future but as it stands I'll likely not want to do you a favour again. Lightbulb moment for me.

There are times when people are legitimately dangerous to be in circulation un-monitored, as the liklihood they are out to scam people is huge, then, there are people who are young, starting out, a little over their heads and need to be told what's what. Now in this case it certainly seems that the person owed was very reasonable so I'm not saying this is or isn't one of those circumstance. Just saying why it's incorrect precedent to call people out EVERY TIME something like this happens.

The amount should be irrelevant to the inner motive, but it's the real world and it just isn't. £220-500 things like this, if we all did it then there would be 15 threads a day. I think in reality this probably doesn't fall into the category of a transaction that needs outing, if I'm honest, but wouldn't want to dissuade you from posting again about potential scams as a result of this thread.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 06:35:41 PM »

Fwiw Matt I don't think you've done anything wrong, I think the point is if the gambler "community" (oh hai Mantis) thinks clubbing together and exposing people who are likely bad debtors is the correct course of action (I'm not saying it's not) there needs to be some sort of line drawn in the sand. I have heaps of £100-£300 debts that I've done someone a favour by lending them and they've just never paid it back. I've also myself in ym early days assively slow paid debts like this, actually a good story I remember from years and years ago,

I owed Salfi (who i know is not popular round here) £400, and my net worth at the time including his £400 was probably £800 - he asked for it back, I had it and didn't want to give him it, and gave pretty poor excuses everytime, after a while he rang me up and was like. Listen, I know you have it, I know you probably don't have more than 2x it behind and you don't want to give it to me, but this isn't has you conduct yourself if you're in gambling and I might be really useful time and time again in the future but as it stands I'll likely not want to do you a favour again. Lightbulb moment for me.

There are times when people are legitimately dangerous to be in circulation un-monitored, as the liklihood they are out to scam people is huge, then, there are people who are young, starting out, a little over their heads and need to be told what's what. Now in this case it certainly seems that the person owed was very reasonable so I'm not saying this is or isn't one of those circumstance. Just saying why it's incorrect precedent to call people out EVERY TIME something like this happens.

The amount should be irrelevant to the inner motive, but it's the real world and it just isn't. £220-500 things like this, if we all did it then there would be 15 threads a day. I think in reality this probably doesn't fall into the category of a transaction that needs outing, if I'm honest, but wouldn't want to dissuade you from posting again about potential scams as a result of this thread.

You only paying back the 400 because you wanted access to more "usefulness" from Salfi and had a lightbulb moment doesn't sound great.  Personally I'd have paid him back because it is the right thing to do?

Maybe my interpretation of integrity is just old fashioned these days and we should just treat it as standard if people don't bother paying trivial 500 pound debts.  The attitudes in this thread have pretty much put me off staking anyone!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: