blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 302123 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: January 11, 2018, 10:58:35 PM »

For every loser there is a winner

Thank you. That's precisely the point I made before people started explaining it to me.

Oh and Glen, fuck you  Wink

Pretty sure that the wink offsets the smile.

By the way, I'm not sure what qualifies tighty to comment on this or that he and bobalikealopolous' collective view means the case is proved.

To show the argument as nonsense we can use an inverse example.

One has a vintage car and paid 5k for it to a guy who had paid 3k for it. It appreciates in value to 50k so you won 45k. Do you follow this bit ? OK, moving on. You are a winner of £45k so there must be a loser right ? Who is the £45k loser ?

Whoever pays 50 lumps for an old heap Grin

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2018, 11:03:43 PM »

Thank you. That's precisely the point I made before people started explaining it to me.

Oh and Glen, fuck you  Wink

By the way, I'm not sure what qualifies tighty to comment on this or that he and bobalikealopolous' collective view means the case is proved.

One has a vintage car and paid 5k for it to a guy who had paid 3k for it. It appreciates in value to 50k so you won 45k. Do you follow this bit ? OK, moving on. You are a winner of £45k so there must be a loser right ? Who is the £45k loser ?

The guy who buys it from me instead of buying it from the first bloke.

The older I get, the better I was.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2018, 11:09:24 PM »

The guy who bought it from me instead of buying it from the first bloke.

Haha, you haven't got one of your Great Grand Children posting on yr behalf have you ?

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

To be honest this is the best argument I've heard all day, it's knocked me temporarily bandy.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2018, 11:31:03 PM »

To be honest this is the best argument I've heard all day, it's knocked me temporarily bandy.

I think you have to be careful to avoid confusing valuation with sale price.  What would happen if everyone holding bitcoin decided to sell them tomorrow?

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 12, 2018, 08:12:26 AM »

The 45k loser is the purchaser. It’s just a big merry-go-round. Unless the object perishes/gets eaten/vanishes without a trace liability just gets passed from seller to purchase to seller.

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 12, 2018, 08:47:41 PM »

In other news...

Just been in Sainsburys and swapped 50 raisins for 100 sultanas.
Can't believe the currant exchange rate!

Why do I get the feeling you manipulated this thread just to get this joke out Smiley

Ah! The element of surprise
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 13, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »

You've given up your asset that is valuated at £50k for cash. You've lost your asset that people value at 10x whatever you bought it for.

If that car ends up being worth 500k next year, have you lost 450k then?

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 13, 2018, 07:36:45 AM »

I think discussion is very healthy for the community, however, you have people purely on crypto because of the massive gains and on the other end of the spectrum you have people who are extremely negative and scream bubble, insecure, fraud, unsafe. They both exist within this thread and are both as ignorant as one another. Ignorant people will miss out or be punished.

I cannot believe that acegooner thinks this thread will be dead in 5 years, the only chance of that happening is if the forum doesn't exist anymore. It is quite clear Mr gooner doesn't understand the tech or get the point of crypto in the slightest. Not only have you been calling this a bubble but now you're suggesting that we will never reach new highs. I refer to highs as both the technological advancement and integration to day to day life as well as the market cap of crypto.

Its slightly unfair and ignorant to join people in a discussion and to dismiss people like this is some kind of fairy tale. I probably spend 3-4 hours a day reading anything to do with crypto for the past year. I've remained open minded and only ever invested money once. I've honestly had to read every one of your posts and had to come back to my computer on a different occasion because your level of ignorance is absolutely mind blowing, as you may notice I've lost my patience a little this time.

Ground breaking tech, market cap x30 since thread began, parabolic growth. Of course it's a bloody bubble of some sort, inside the bubble you can't tell how much tension it's under nor how big it will grow. However, its going to continue to be more and more innovative each year with an upward trend of value over an unknown time frame.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 13, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »

Totally agree, there was a tech/internet bubble in the 90s but guess what? The internet is still here. Companies like Freeserve or AOL are redundant but others have thrived.

Cryptos can be compared with search engines - look at how many have come and gone but the one that had survived has made some extremely wealthy.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #700 on: January 13, 2018, 11:18:07 AM »

Totally agree, there was a tech/internet bubble in the 90s but guess what? The internet is still here. Companies like Freeserve or AOL are redundant but others have thrived.

Cryptos can be compared with search engines - look at how many have come and gone but the one that had survived has made some extremely wealthy.

I still use AOL.

DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 13, 2018, 11:41:23 AM »

I remember when I first started playing online poker, most of my winnings had to go to my parents to pay the huge AOL and BT bills. Mum's friends were furious as they could never get through when trying to phone in the evenings 
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 13, 2018, 02:20:35 PM »

I think discussion is very healthy for the community, however, you have people purely on crypto because of the massive gains and on the other end of the spectrum you have people who are extremely negative and scream bubble, insecure, fraud, unsafe. They both exist within this thread and are both as ignorant as one another. Ignorant people will miss out or be punished.

I cannot believe that acegooner thinks this thread will be dead in 5 years, the only chance of that happening is if the forum doesn't exist anymore. It is quite clear Mr gooner doesn't understand the tech or get the point of crypto in the slightest. Not only have you been calling this a bubble but now you're suggesting that we will never reach new highs. I refer to highs as both the technological advancement and integration to day to day life as well as the market cap of crypto.

Its slightly unfair and ignorant to join people in a discussion and to dismiss people like this is some kind of fairy tale. I probably spend 3-4 hours a day reading anything to do with crypto for the past year. I've remained open minded and only ever invested money once. I've honestly had to read every one of your posts and had to come back to my computer on a different occasion because your level of ignorance is absolutely mind blowing, as you may notice I've lost my patience a little this time.

Ground breaking tech, market cap x30 since thread began, parabolic growth. Of course it's a bloody bubble of some sort, inside the bubble you can't tell how much tension it's under nor how big it will grow. However, its going to continue to be more and more innovative each year with an upward trend of value over an unknown time frame.

spot on, even though toure pro-crypto you've offered balanced and suggested caution on numerous occasions. Meaning people are quoting Buffett in here who's been calling a bubble for years, well guess what a broken clock is correct twice a day.

@whollyflush on twitter
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 13, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

spot on, even though you're pro-crypto you've offered balanced and suggested caution on numerous occasions. Meaning people are quoting Buffett in here who's been calling a bubble for years, well guess what a broken clock is correct twice a day.

@whollyflush on twitter
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 13, 2018, 03:03:00 PM »

Japan’s new female idol group “Virtual Currency Girls” performed their first live concert on Friday in Tokyo.

https://news.bitcoin.com/japans-virtual-currency-girls-idol-group-performs-first-crypto-educational-concert/
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: