blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:17:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 88 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official cryptocurrency thread (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Altcoin)  (Read 303759 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: January 29, 2018, 09:46:00 AM »

I don't know much about this Bitcoin stuff, but that seems pretty scary to me.

Q - if you kept your code in one of those hard wallet things, you'd still be in just as much peril, surely? I mean, they had the couple's baby effectively held hostage. You'd divulge the code under those circumstances, surely? (I may be talking out of my arse here).

Nearly posted the other day on this based on what if someone hacked you personally rather than hacked yr account directly..like this case. But then thought it wasn't such a big thing as there are plenty of people around who have cash in the bank and we don't hear a lot.of cases of people being forced to transfer money to crooks. Perhaps there are traceability things that make targeting btc transfers safer for the crook than targeting normal bank transfers

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 29, 2018, 09:49:41 AM »

Q - if you kept your code in one of those hard wallet things, you'd still be in just as much peril, surely? I mean, they had the couple's baby effectively held hostage. You'd divulge the code under those circumstances, surely? (I may be talking out of my arse here).

Nearly posted the other day on this based on what if someone hacked you personally rather than hacked yr account directly..like this case. But then thought it wasn't such a big thing as there are plenty of people around who have cash in the bank and we don't hear a lot.of cases of people being forced to transfer money to crooks. Perhaps there are traceability things that make targeting btc transfers safer for the crook than targeting normal bank transfers

Yes, with regular cash in a Bank Account it could still happen, but regular bank transfers are much more transparent I would have thought - the cash gets transferred to a traceable Bank Account.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 29, 2018, 11:03:39 AM »

Of course you would.

What if you didn't have it though...

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 29, 2018, 11:22:07 AM »

The difference is if I give my wallet with £10000 in it to a friend or family member then I have to completely trust them. They can steal my money and I would be pretty screwed if they did. If I give them my bitcoin wallet to look after then they cannot do anything with it since it is encrypted. They could of course just throw it away, at which point you would need your recovery pass phrases. I made a post a month or so ago how to keep yourself as safe as possible.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 29, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »

I've avoided any Polk videos until now because I couldn't bring myself to listen to someone advocating crypto who is so new to the scene. However, this video nails some absolutely great points and he covers more about how crypto is being debated. He's also quite funny imo.

this line legit made me snort out loud.

v v good   

I have to take everything back I said regarding this. I just had the feeling that Doug was hopping on the hype train since he had a new crypto channel. I was very wrong and have since watched half his videos. I recommend watching them too for people who are new in the crypto scene.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 30, 2018, 08:50:50 AM »

Seems there was a twist to this tale......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327843/Bitcoin-trader-tricked-robbers-leaving-home.html

Not sure Mr Bitcoin Trader will sleep too well in the coming nights, mind. Dem bungling extortionists ain't gonna be happy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 30, 2018, 08:54:53 AM »

Seems there was a twist to this tale......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5327843/Bitcoin-trader-tricked-robbers-leaving-home.html

Not sure Mr Bitcoin Trader will sleep too well in the coming nights, mind. Dem bungling extortionists ain't gonna be happy.

Brilliant! 
mikeymike

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 30, 2018, 09:24:41 PM »

Facebook has said it will block any advertising promoting cryptocurrency products and services.

The company said it was open to emerging technologies but many companies were not acting in "good faith" when extolling the virtues buying into virtual currencies.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 30, 2018, 09:28:27 PM »

Facebook has said it will block any advertising promoting cryptocurrency products and services.

The company said it was open to emerging technologies but many companies were not acting in "good faith" when extolling the virtues buying into virtual currencies.

Saw some other bullshit ad on FB yesterday, basically an ISA promising about an 8% guaranteed return. Turned out when you delved down into the detail it was one of those peer to peer lending sites that can’t really guarantee very much.....
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: January 30, 2018, 10:42:45 PM »

How fucking rude of the Daily Mail to post a satellite image of the guys house when he's just been robbed at gun point

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 01, 2018, 12:44:26 PM »

ETH seems to be holding up but BTC tumbling. Could someone shout when it hits the bottom so I can buy back in and make millions please.

Cost of production supports the price?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/317601872_Bitcoin_price_and_its_marginal_cost_of_production_supporting_evidence

But cost of production of 1 BTC in cheap leccy countries only $500ish?

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 01, 2018, 04:28:02 PM »

i get at least 5 phonecalls a week from companies trying to convince me allow them to trade crypto on my behalf - they say things like 10%, 20%, 25% a month etc - i wouldn't even blame people who know nothing about BTC outside of whats in the papers for falling for this shit either.

The other day I got a call from a women from one of these companies when I was in a meeting and I said call me back tomorrow, she called back next day I realised what it was told her I wasn't interested and she absolutely went off on me. Called me a cu*t and motherfucker and irresponsible dickhead, after that she still tried to sell me some stuff, I told her after just being insulted i'd rather throw my money in the lake than deal with her, to which she told me she[d rather kill herself than deal with me, then she told me she was gonna find me and kill my family!

Sometimes you just get the feeling certain people are not cut out for customer service roles.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 01, 2018, 04:56:10 PM »

i get at least 5 phonecalls a week from companies trying to convince me allow them to trade crypto on my behalf - they say things like 10%, 20%, 25% a month etc - i wouldn't even blame people who know nothing about BTC outside of whats in the papers for falling for this shit either.

The other day I got a call from a women from one of these companies when I was in a meeting and I said call me back tomorrow, she called back next day I realised what it was told her I wasn't interested and she absolutely went off on me. Called me a cu*t and motherfucker and irresponsible dickhead, after that she still tried to sell me some stuff, I told her after just being insulted i'd rather throw my money in the lake than deal with her, to which she told me she[d rather kill herself than deal with me, then she told me she was gonna find me and kill my family!

Sometimes you just get the feeling certain people are not cut out for customer service roles.

Ha, very good.

You just know she has a background in online poker given the way she speaks to her customers.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 01, 2018, 05:48:29 PM »

After the 5th call from a company asking if I'd been in a car accident that wasn't my fault (I haven't) I decided to say yes. Answered all the questions about the date, the car I was driving, the other car etc. etc.

Eventually we got to "and what injuries did you suffer?"

"Oooh, very bad. It was fatal in fact"

She was not a happy bunny.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 02, 2018, 11:28:53 AM »

Love recycling. Nearly time to get this out again

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 88 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: