blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 55355 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2018, 02:48:16 PM »

GK: Butland, Pickford, Pope;

DF: Alexander-Arnold, Cahill, Jones, Walker, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, Rose, Young

MF: Dier, Alli, Lingard, Henderson, Delph, Loftus-Cheek;

FW: Vardy, Rashford, Sterling, Welbeck, Kane

Standby: Lallana, Heaton, Tarkowski, Cook, Livemore

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pompeynick

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »

A little disappointed with the selections of Cahill and Welbeck. Both have been to tournaments before and have been found wanting.
Cahill very uncomfortable on the ball , i would have had anyone over him.
I am always surprised when Welbeck actually scores, he works hard, I will give him that, But I would have taken Lallana , even if half fit, or maybe the young lad at Fulham for experience.
All about opinions so feel free to disagree
Nick
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »

First England world cup squad where I've never heard of some of them. Not a bad thing necessarily at all

sola virtus nobilitat
kp24

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2018, 04:25:40 PM »

A little disappointed with the selections of Cahill and Welbeck. Both have been to tournaments before and have been found wanting.
I am always surprised when Welbeck actually scores, he works hard, I will give him that, But I would have taken Lallana , even if half fit, or maybe the young lad at Fulham for experience.
Nick

As much I love lallana you can’t take he’s basically been injured for 12 months I agree on Cahill but think he’s only had a chance because of Gomez’s injury,I’d have taken a chance on wilsheres fitness myself as we could do with a passer in midfield but that’s only due to a lack of options so he would have been lucky to go.Welbeck again goes again because of a lack of alternatives and he can play out wide too if needed.Theres no way on earth I’d have taken either delph or young feel so sorry for betrand missing out as although rose is the best left back he’s hardly been fit or played he’s lost out to utility players.Glad he’s made a big call on hart needed to be done I’m little surprised to see Trent going myself massive talent not sure he’s quite learned the ropes defensively but I’m sure he will.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2018, 04:32:41 PM »

Can't do any worse than our last few big tournies.  Good luck to them!

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2018, 04:54:25 PM »

six full backs?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »

Cahill has averaged nearly 90% passing completion all the time he has been at Chelsea, including 89% this season.

The stat is almost meaningless though tbh but he is not "uncomfortable on the ball"
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »

Taking Rose and not Sessegnon is ridiculous. Rose has barely played this season, offers nothing different to Trippier, can’t take set pieces like Young and doesn’t offer a goal scoring threat like Sessegnon.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2018, 06:32:42 PM »

Nick

As much I love lallana you can’t take he’s basically been injured for 12 months I agree on Cahill but think he’s only had a chance because of Gomez’s injury,I’d have taken a chance on wilsheres fitness myself as we could do with a passer in midfield but that’s only due to a lack of options so he would have been lucky to go.Welbeck again goes again because of a lack of alternatives and he can play out wide too if needed.Theres no way on earth I’d have taken either delph or young feel so sorry for betrand missing out as although rose is the best left back he’s hardly been fit or played he’s lost out to utility players.Glad he’s made a big call on hart needed to be done I’m little surprised to see Trent going myself massive talent not sure he’s quite learned the ropes defensively but I’m sure he will.

This is a bizarre opinion.

Delph has been a revelation this season and comfortably one of the best left backs in the league (despite not being a natural) He's not looked out of place in what has been a very talented City team and fully deserves his inclusion in the squad. Throw in his positional versatility and it was a no brainer for Southgate.

Bertrand has had a poor season in a very poor Southampton team, would've been absurd to select him ahead of Delph.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2018, 07:13:00 PM »

Taking Rose and not Sessegnon is ridiculous. Rose has barely played this season, offers nothing different to Trippier, can’t take set pieces like Young and doesn’t offer a goal scoring threat like Sessegnon.

I'm not sure that it's just fitness that has kept Rose out of the spuds team since he went public in the gutter press about them being on pauper's wages.

He's a dirty little fkr but definitely has talent, and is clearly the best left-back in that squad ahead of the two converted midfielders Delph and Young.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2018, 07:30:52 PM »

I'm not sure that it's just fitness that has kept Rose out of the spuds team since he went public in the gutter press about them being on pauper's wages.

He's a dirty little fkr but definitely has talent, and is clearly the best left-back in that squad ahead of the two converted midfielders Delph and Young.

He wasn't fit when he came back either. Has definitely worked in training and looked back to race trim on Sunday.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2018, 07:59:53 PM »

Cahill has averaged nearly 90% passing completion all the time he has been at Chelsea, including 89% this season.

The stat is almost meaningless though tbh but he is not "uncomfortable on the ball"

he passes to Azpi and lets him try and penetrate

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2018, 08:11:49 PM »

Loving this England squad.   I was a big Southgate doubter, but he seems to ger most things right and gives youth a chance and doesn't go for sentimental picks.  Fabian Delph seems a better pick than Ashley Young, and just don't see what people's issue is with him.  

My contract is up end of May and really not looking hard for a replacement.  Don't let me down boys.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2018, 08:50:14 PM »

There's so much more to selecting players for a squad than individual playing records for their employers. I get the feeling that Southgate is a manager who has built so much more into the selection process than most of his predecessors - although tbh I think his task has been made easier by the very low expectations of the media and public & the resulting absence of pressure to choose players he has preferred to leave out.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2018, 10:36:50 PM »

Sessegnon has had a great year...

In the second tier of English football. I hope Fulham go up and keep hold of him as 8 believe that's best for his career. But no way he should be 8n this squad.

I do think Lallana should be. I'm hoping that standby list is in order and he's first up when 9ne of them inevitably gets injured.

Delph deserves it. Even if just for his flexibility.

I'd have Carroll on the standby list, he at least offers something different up top, but admittedly has hardly played this season.

I can't stay Lingard or Well beck. But they seem to find themselves in the right position at the eight time somehow.

England aren't in a position to win the world Cup, I think we're a top 10/15 team and that's likely where we'll end up, I also personally don't think we're good enough to play the possession style of football that we seem to try now but the media said we should copy Spain when they were successful so here we are.

I do trust Southgate though I like how boring he comes across, he doesn't seem to care too much which probably makes him a better man manager

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: