blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:37:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 55347 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 11, 2018, 10:59:56 PM »

Achieved about what they were entitled to but it was a fun ride for sure.

Can't go wrong with 1-2 France with Scuy. Only getting shorter as the game approaches.

Won't need 90 mins either.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 11, 2018, 11:16:12 PM »

Great effort by England

Was muttering at around 50 mins that Kane and Young should come off for Rose and Rashford. Not because they were bad particularly but we could have done with Rose trying to push them back on the left and Kane looked a bit sluggish. Also perhaps Loftus cheek for Lingard or Alli to try and find a few more incisive passes - minor stuff compared with the achievements of super Gareth and his boys and I guess he knows better than me how to manage a football team :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 11, 2018, 11:20:58 PM »

Gave it a decent go but it always kinda felt that we'd be turfed out as soon as we played a really good team. Croatia deserved it in the end.

Think taking Sterling off was a mistake. He wasn't in the game as much in the 2nd half but just his presence causes problems. I'm sure the Croatian defenders were pleased when his number came up. Rashford doesn't posses the same footballing brain and doesn't make the intelligent runs and movement that Raheem does. Kane wasn't offering much either so felt it was even more important to keep Sterling on to maintain a threat.

A game too far in the end, but been a fun journey to watch.

Best Bitter.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:46 PM »

Feels like a huge opportunity missed. Not Southgate’s finest hour either. Huge anti-climax.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:58 PM »

Gave it a decent go but it always kinda felt that we'd be turfed out as soon as we played a really good team. Croatia deserved it in the end.

Think taking Sterling off was a mistake. He wasn't in the game as much in the 2nd half but just his presence causes problems. I'm sure the Croatian defenders were pleased when his number came up. Rashford doesn't posses the same footballing brain and doesn't make the intelligent runs and movement that Raheem does. Kane wasn't offering much either so felt it was even more important to keep Sterling on to maintain a threat.

A game too far in the end, but been a fun journey to watch.

been a huge advocate of sterling this world cup but he looked completely lackluster second half and didnt appear to have the energy to make runs anywhere near full pace before he got took off. felt it was needed. there was a moment where he just gave up on a run and he looked spent tbh.

anyways it's nice to see england being welcomed home and not being villified before they are off the plane
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2018, 12:50:15 AM »

The main thing that struck me when watching this England performance was the reversion to the long ball game. We got this far by playing the ball up from the goalkeeper through to the forward line... All of a sudden we want to win the ball in midfield and play the ball back for Pickford to launch the ball long for the Croatians to start another attack. I didn't feel confident at any stage of this game tonight.....

Maybe I missed something in the pre-match commentary, but I just couldn't see how this was ever going to be the winning game strategy....

Nonetheless, an England tournament performance that exceeded all expectations.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 12, 2018, 01:41:45 AM »

Kane golden boot.  England not winning.  Perfect for my personal business.  Please not hat trick for the manure belg in the meaningless game on Saturday.  Outside of business/wages it is very disappointing to lose to Croatia when we led 1-0.  We should have been the price we were to beat them and we didn't.  They were 40/1 pre event to win the world cup for a reason.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 12, 2018, 06:51:50 AM »

my team of the tournament

---------------Lloris-------------
------Varane Maguire Godin------
Trippier----------------------Laxalt
------------Kante Modric-------------
------Hazard Lukaku Mbappe------
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 12, 2018, 07:23:00 AM »

An average team who are very good at set pieces that made the most of a kind draw.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 12, 2018, 08:13:17 AM »

Shame Kane was nobbled in the Columbia game pretty sure was by Sanchez . Don't blame them for still playing him even if known. Rashford just looks a poor man Sterling to me.

Great tournament for England and Southgate is the man to lead us forward with lots of good youngsters about. Worth remembering big Sam would have had Hart in sticks...

Oh come on mbappe one time e.t.c
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 12, 2018, 08:28:00 AM »

Basically this except Lukaku. Classic Lukaku here, beat up on Panama and Tunisia but disappeared against good teams. Was anonymous against France.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 12, 2018, 09:30:00 AM »

An average team who are very good at set pieces that made the most of a kind draw.

This. Basically an expensive-to-follow, less-disciplined international version of Burnley.

Are Croatia the worst team ever to make a WC final?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 12, 2018, 10:03:48 AM »

Basically this except Lukaku. Classic Lukaku here, beat up on Panama and Tunisia but disappeared against good teams. Was anonymous against France.

To be fair he was excellent against Brazil.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 12, 2018, 01:11:40 PM »

Kane's two related chances which the offside flag may or may not have negated if scored #xG 1st shot ~0.47 & ~0.25 for 2nd. Likelihood he scores from 2 such related chances ~ 60%. Chance #ENG  qualify for the WC Final from 2-0 after 32 mins  #ENGCRO 92%. @InfoGolApp

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 12, 2018, 02:11:53 PM »

Kane's two related chances which the offside flag may or may not have negated if scored #xG 1st shot ~0.47 & ~0.25 for 2nd. Likelihood he scores from 2 such related chances ~ 60%. Chance #ENG  qualify for the WC Final from 2-0 after 32 mins  #ENGCRO 92%. @InfoGolApp

From infogolapp, at the end of regular time and if those attempts were included the xG   England 1.37 - 0.82 Croatia.

I would have taken that in a heartbeat before the game. Overall though obviously not good enough but a great blast anyway.

On Kane, only 6 attempts from open play in the 5 games he has played. Ranks him about 40th in the tournament and most  of those above him have played fewer minutes. In the PL he be looking at about 22 attempts from the same amount of game time.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: