blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:20:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 92208 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2018, 09:17:09 PM »

we have some great tennis tipsters out there but alot of it gets swallowed up by FRED so how about a general tennis thread. I am a lover of tennis great sport to watch and GB are on the POST (to soon?) Murray rebalance. Konta  in the ladie's , Edmund in the men's game.
Jamie and a few others making names for themselves in the doubles.

Great first day for GB today in the Davis cup and thinks aren't looking as bad as they were and we maybe can avoid a play off for relegation. Have to say Cam Norrie today was unbelievable, left the house for my doctors appointment today he was 2 sets and 3-2 and a break down in the 3rd set.
when i spoke to my mum this evening i thought she was winding me up when she said he had won. Looking forward to tomorrows doubles now and the possibility of Edmund playing on sunday.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 11:53:25 PM »

Was a great match today. I tuned in at the beginning of the third set. Perfect timing. Amazing that Norrie came back vs an accomplished claycourter with very little experience himself on the surface. I think he was over 100/1 in running in the third set. I was cheering at the screen, one of the most fun matches I've seen in a good while.

If we win the doubles then we definitely could nick one of the last singles to take it.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:10:59 AM »

i cant believe i missed the fightback, inglot and murray both play only doubles now so could be good to go tomorrow

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 01:18:32 PM »

Norrie playing well but 2 - 1 down

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 04:34:41 PM »

Well looks like he's secured his wildcards to Wimbledon and Queens if nothing else. I wonder if he will start playing some more matches on clay now after his performance this weekend!
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »

actually he has hardly any points to defend in the next few months, so he could easily make a run into the top 100 and get into the main draw in Paris and also not need a WC at Wimbledon. That will be 3 British players in the top 100 - I'm still counting Murray - Could have been 4 had Dan Evans not been a complete idiot.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 06:52:24 PM »

hopefully GB can win the play off game so we can stay in world group next season but Edmund and Norrie could be backbone of a good TEAM rather than putting it all on Murray's shoulders
looking forward to watching the Brits both male and female climb into contention from now on

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »

Edmund will take over from Murray and the GB number 1 next week when Murray loses his Dubai points

Edmund is still injuried but had alot less points to defend than Murray has

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 06:34:26 PM »

Indian Wells - So we bet someone each way from the bottom half of the draw for ATP Indian Wells but who.

I've gone Cilic at 25s and Schwartzmann at 100s

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/atp-indian-wells/bnp-paribas-open/winner
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 06:22:06 PM »

Nadal out of Madrid, Fedderer back to world No1 and Edmund into QF and into top 20 as of next week

can he get himself established into the top 16 before wimbledon ?

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

To be fair - he probably has a lot more chance at going deep in Paris, he doesn't seem a natural on the grass, but maybe he can become an all rounder. Let's see how he does now vs Shapo. I'm rooting for him. He could even win this tournament in Madrid!

Snaffled up the last of the 14s on Thiem and 50s on Bertens during play this afternoon for Roland Garros...
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 11:48:34 PM »

Was at a loose end on Saturday so went to watch Loughborough Challenger qualifiers. They created this tourney in the hope that Murray might play it as a warm up to the grass season, but he is still injured of course.

I saw Dan Evans play. His second tourney back after being banned for a year for taking cocaine. He was a cut above everyone else. A mean sliced back hand. Seems to be blowing a bit after the long rallies but I'm sure the fitness will come. But if he gets any main draw wildcards during the British grass season he may be able to get up the rankings quite quick one would hope, otherwise I guess he'll have to slog through the qualifiers each week.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »

If kyrgios can keep his head together and serves like he has been doing today he will be a dangerous player at wimbledon

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

Some point that was between the legs for no reason at all.  What an entertainer he is.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »

Australian Open (Men & Women) starts Sunday, any value thoughts for either?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: