blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89991 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 10:37:57 PM »

i had the money i would be laying andy murray at anything under 1000.0

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 02:57:12 PM »

Rome - Nick Krygios smashes his racquet, throws a chair on the court and walks off in the middle of a match 1-1 in the final set after being defaulted a game. My favourite player, I just wish he could sort himself out. My favourite part was he also left the fridge open on the court on purpose. I just wish he could keep it together.

Probably will be banned now despite the fact that he is by far the most interesting player on the tour as you aren't allowed to have any personality in tennis and you have to tow the corporate line/keep sponsors happy etc

He needs Jared Tendler!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 05:14:12 PM »

Rome - Nick Krygios smashes his racquet, throws a chair on the court and walks off in the middle of a match 1-1 in the final set after being defaulted a game. My favourite player, I just wish he could sort himself out. My favourite part was he also left the fridge open on the court on purpose. I just wish he could keep it together.

Probably will be banned now despite the fact that he is by far the most interesting player on the tour as you aren't allowed to have any personality in tennis and you have to tow the corporate line/keep sponsors happy etc

He needs Jared Tendler!

But he isn't going to be punished for having a personality, he is been punished for behavingvlike a dick on court.   I dare say he isn't by far the most interesting either.  Andy Murray has done a lot to suppport women in tennis, for instance.  Surely Tomic is as controversial, but I'll give you the best exponent of the underarm serve. 

Good to see Konta playing well again this year.   She seems to still be a bit fragile, but is winning from bad positions again this year, rather than losing from good ones.  She also lools like she can compete with top 10 playrs again.  Guess she is back in the top 32 if she wins her next match.  I don't think she is there yet, but I am not going to check on the live rankings yet as it fires off spam to my phone if I do.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 05:56:16 PM »

ooh.  Konta won again.  This time beating Vondrousova, who has been on fire this year (and started favourite).   I had a bet on Konta for the French Open the other day.  I think there is still some 80/1 e/w about, and this result should put her in the seeds. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2019, 06:42:18 PM »

ooh.  Konta won again.  This time beating Vondrousova, who has been on fire this year (and started favourite).   I had a bet on Konta for the French Open the other day.  I think there is still some 80/1 e/w about, and this result should put her in the seeds. 

Don't need much encouragement to throw a few shekels at an 80/1 poke.

Good luck us!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2019, 10:49:56 PM »

Don't need much encouragement to throw a few shekels at an 80/1 poke.

Good luck us!

WTA Insider

Verified account

@WTA_insider

Jo Konta’s Career Ranking Points on Clay

1st 23 Tournaments: 642 points
May 2019: 585 points (+?)

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »

Let's go, Konta!

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2019, 02:49:10 PM »

Let's go, Konta!

Think we have backed her for the wrong tournament.   She is through to the final in Rome.   She was proper smashing Kiki Bertens up at the end of today's game.  Kiki Bertens will be World number 3 after this weekend and was bang in form.   Konta is doing all this on clay, which was previously her worst surface. 

More Konta on clay stats; she has never made it to round 2 of the French Open.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2019, 02:56:55 PM »

Let's go, Konta!

Think we have backed her for the wrong tournament.   She is through to the final in Rome.   She was proper smashing Kiki Bertens up at the end of today's game.  Kiki Bertens will be World number 3 after this weekend and was bang in form.   Konta is doing all this on clay, which was previously her worst surface. 

Standard Cheesy

I'll take it out of Tikay's eurovision winnings... As they'll obviously have been spent by the time he gets to Vegas to collect.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »

now you tell me it might be a short sweat but my £5 EW is on

Lets Go

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »

Lets Go

I didn't tell you that.   Not making the second round of the French Open is very much "meh, variance".   Think she wasn't good enough when she first played and has had at least one bad draw.   Last year she should have done better, but the whole of last year was a bit of a write off, and she seems very different this year.

You can watch summaries of her games on the WTA account on youtube.  She is playing really well at times.  I have 150/1 and Bertens is 10/1.   If she can compete with Bertens and Sloane Stephens, lots of recent prices have been too high.  I took some 50/1 Wimbledon the other day too.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »

Lets Go

I didn't tell you that.   Not making the second round of the French Open is very much "meh, variance".   Think she wasn't good enough when she first played and has had at least one bad draw.   Last year she should have done better, but the whole of last year was a bit of a write off, and she seems very different this year.

You can watch summaries of her games on the WTA account on youtube.  She is playing really well at times.  I have 150/1 and Bertens is 10/1.   If she can compete with Bertens and Sloane Stephens, lots of recent prices have been too high.  I took some 50/1 Wimbledon the other day too.

yeah i was expecting big things from british women last season they all went backwards this season seems so much better already

looking forward to the summer ahead with the men looking like they might be on the upsurge too

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2019, 01:39:39 PM »

Well she didn't win the final.  Her level seemed to drop a bit, but Pliskova looked very good.  She wasn't that far behind, so it all bodes well for the French Open.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »

Konta is through to the 2nd round of the French Open for the first time.  There are more difficult matches ahead, but good to get through that one.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

Konta through to the 3rd round.  She had a bit of a shocker in the 2nd set, then tried to throw it away in the 3rd having been 5-0 up.  She woke up when 0-40 and facing a second break for 5-4.  Still she is now 33-1 or shorter with those offering e/w.

Bertens was in her way and has gone today, which should be good news.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: