blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:24:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89926 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2019, 11:05:43 AM »

Anyone tempted by the 20/1 available for the young Greek sensation Tsitsipas at Wimbledon?

He looks to me as though grass might well be his best surface.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2019, 07:44:12 PM »

The young lad from Hull seems to growing into his first appearance in a Slam.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2019, 08:02:27 PM »

i don't watch much (any) tennis these days but dipped into Wimbledon for Federer - Nadal - pretty remarkable stuff from these 2

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2019, 08:06:53 PM »

Very impressive physical specimens, much like myself.

engy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 09:46:00 PM »

Can Novak be stopped though?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2019, 10:59:06 AM »

Since federer won his first Slam singles title at Wimbledon in 2003, he's won 20 of past 64 Slam titles; add Nadal (18 Slams) & Djokovic (15) = 3 men have won 53/64 (83%) of all Slams between them for 16 yrs.

Murray was born in the wrong era!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

I saw that stat, or a similar one posted the other day on ESPN.

Definitely born in the wrong time Cheesy

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »

One in eight men (12%) say they could win a point in a game of tennis against 23 time grand slam winner Serena Williams

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results

lol

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »

One in eight men (12%) say they could win a point in a game of tennis against 23 time grand slam winner Serena Williams

https://yougov.co.uk/opi/surveys/results

lol

if when i was on my feet i could get a serve or a return into court i would of been happy

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »

Year-end Top Three

2007 Federer Nadal Djokovic
2008 Nadal Federer Djokovic
2009 Federer Nadal Djokovic
2010 Nadal Federer Djokovic
2011 Djokovic Nadal Federer
2014 Djokovic Federer Nadal
2018 Djokovic Nadal Federer
2019 Nadal Djokovic Federer

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2019, 02:04:49 PM »

All three of them have 5 end of year number 1 rankings on their cv's now.   Quite an incredible extended era of tennis.   Can't believe all three of them are still operating at this level approaching 2020.   We will never see the like again in the same era.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2019, 04:49:52 PM »

Fed destroyed by the future king of the game for me today.   This kid looks awesome.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2020, 09:57:36 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/54349009

"I don't see who's next," Watson said.

"I feel like we've got a good little group of players right now, but little. I don't see who's going to be top 50.

This feels a bit harsh; before her injury, Katie Boulter had gone ahead of Watson in the rankings, was playing really well and had a very good chance of getting to the top 50.  It feels like this is just trolling her. 

As mentioned, Jack Draper has a very good chance of top 50, and I would be surprised if Radacanu doesn't make it.  Jodie Burrage has struggled with injuries too, but could make top 100.  I would love to see Francesca Jones make it too given what she has overcome.  One good year could see one of a handful of others make it to the top 100 who are in the 200s or so. 

The French Open has clearly been a bit of a shambles for Brits, but not sure I'd write off the future yet.  It isn't like there was a golden period in the recent past when we have had better than we have now.  Having the Murray brothers and Konta is the exception rather than the norm.   I grew up watching a bunch of bang average wild cards getting dumped out of Wimbledon by the second day. 

So are we really in bad shape?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2020, 10:33:47 PM »

Why is Nadal 8/11 in the French Open final?

H2H vs Djokovic on Clay is 17-7. Djokovic was having his best years for all but 2 of those wins (2011/2015/2016).

Nadal has won the last 3 Clay meetings. Skipped the US open for freshness.

Djokovic played 5 sets in his semi. Nadal hasn't dropped a set all tournament.

Surely the bookies have such a major sporting event priced up right but 8/11 seems a decent price to me.

Would the cold be a factor? Obviously, you'd think it would slow things down.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 06, 2021, 09:25:26 AM »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/54349009

"I don't see who's next," Watson said.

"I feel like we've got a good little group of players right now, but little. I don't see who's going to be top 50.

This feels a bit harsh; before her injury, Katie Boulter had gone ahead of Watson in the rankings, was playing really well and had a very good chance of getting to the top 50.  It feels like this is just trolling her. 

As mentioned, Jack Draper has a very good chance of top 50, and I would be surprised if Radacanu doesn't make it.  Jodie Burrage has struggled with injuries too, but could make top 100.  I would love to see Francesca Jones make it too given what she has overcome.  One good year could see one of a handful of others make it to the top 100 who are in the 200s or so. 

The French Open has clearly been a bit of a shambles for Brits, but not sure I'd write off the future yet.  It isn't like there was a golden period in the recent past when we have had better than we have now.  Having the Murray brothers and Konta is the exception rather than the norm.   I grew up watching a bunch of bang average wild cards getting dumped out of Wimbledon by the second day. 

So are we really in bad shape?

Ha, bumped this thread and found this. 

I thought Raducanu was going to be good, I didn't realise how good.  She is going to be UK number 1 in no time at all, and top 10 seems more likely than not.  It is just the range of shots she has, and she seems to be still improving rapisly.  Konta was pretty good in her prime, but never had Raducanu's range or speed of thought, and she made number 4 in the World.  As an aside, Konta seems to have been watching too many of Ivor Cumming's videos.  Even now she seems to be on the fence on the vaccine (seriously wtf?). 

You can watch all these US open games live on Amazon Prime (I finally have a use for it) and she is due on at 7pm.  She could easily win this one too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: