blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89849 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: January 08, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »

I don’t understand why Djokovic isn’t already on a plane back to Belgrade. Unless he’s simply investing time building martyr status. Having recently contracted Covid is absolutely no grounds for vaccine exemption, so he will lose his case on Monday.

There’s no question, though, that the Australian authorities that told him he could enter Australia on that basis have seriously screwed up. How could they think that it would ever end well, with a population that has possibly suffered the most draconian of all lockdowns (bar China)?

I think there's a conflict(in US terms)between state and federal rulings.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 08, 2022, 02:20:26 PM »

I don’t understand why Djokovic isn’t already on a plane back to Belgrade. Unless he’s simply investing time building martyr status. Having recently contracted Covid is absolutely no grounds for vaccine exemption, so he will lose his case on Monday.

There’s no question, though, that the Australian authorities that told him he could enter Australia on that basis have seriously screwed up. How could they think that it would ever end well, with a population that has possibly suffered the most draconian of all lockdowns (bar China)?

His reps saying he had Covid on the 16th December, and supposedly there are loads of pictures all over the web of him at some event for his foundation on that date Cheesy

Impossible for normal people to get away with much nowadays,. nevermind global superstars trying to fabricate alibis.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 10, 2022, 10:50:37 AM »

His reps saying he had Covid on the 16th December, and supposedly there are loads of pictures all over the web of him at some event for his foundation on that date Cheesy

Impossible for normal people to get away with much nowadays,. nevermind global superstars trying to fabricate alibis.

Hard not to be cynical about the "test" on the 16 November.   It does seem to me that the decision this morning was right, the procedure where he had his visa removed seemed shambolic at best.  Evejn the people we dislike are entitled to fair treatment.  Though not sure how many people who aren't Djokovic would be entitled to due process at the borders.

Seems odd that the immigration minister needs time to go through this.   There were two possibilities, so surely he should have prepared for both? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 10, 2022, 02:01:08 PM »

Pass the humble pie.

But I’m definitely getting up to watch & hear his reception on the show courts...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 10, 2022, 02:25:34 PM »

Pass the humble pie.

But I’m definitely getting up to watch & hear his reception on the show courts...

I am pretty sure it isn't over, as the Immigration Minister has it in his power to remove the visa.  Given that would effectively ban Djokovic for 3 years and it can still be appealed, then that doean't seem the most likely action (though can still happen).

AFAIK the ruling was due to the border officials not following a fair process.  eg they agreed Djokovic could have time to consider/discuss the issues, but then unilaterally took away his visa before the agreed time.  This was the issue as I understand it, and this doesn't change the border rules and wasn't due to the judge ruling on freedom of choice/or ruling if he had met the criteria for entry to Australia.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 10, 2022, 02:45:31 PM »

After reading a lot about this I am still confused as to whether if you are not vaccinated but have a recent Covid infection you are allowed to enter Australia.

A few things do not make sense.

As far as I am aware the deadline to apply for the medical exemption from Tennis Australia was on 10 December, but Djokovic claims he had Covid on 16 December. This timeline doesn't match up. What did his application say, the application that was approved? It couldn't have said he had Covid in the past six months because at that point he didn't. So he got an excemption for something else?

Secondly, as has been pointed out by many, the fact he had Covid on 16 December but was out and about on the 17th and 18th.

There is also this bizarre idea that I have that Djokovic was out and about trying to get Covid so he could get the exemption, rather than getting a vax.

I think the Aussie government just has to take the L now and move on. Hope he gets booed out of the stadium.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 10, 2022, 05:30:37 PM »

Is the general hate for super Djok because he's known to be a very bad man, wife beater or something like that or because he doesn't want a vaccination.

If the latter then presumably y'all know you've lost your minds

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2022, 05:40:45 PM »

Is the general hate for super Djok because he's known to be a very bad man, wife beater or something like that or because he doesn't want a vaccination.

He is a bit grumpy and has had more than his fair share of bad behaviour on court.   

People who haven't been vaccinated don't really bother me, people who encourage others not to get vaccinated do.  Think it would have been better if he just did the no vax thing quietly, and didn't mention the medical exemption.  I don't even think he comes out of this worst, Tennis Australia seem to be leading the way.

Think I am losing my mind slowly if that helps.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2022, 06:35:24 PM »

He is just cringe. (as my 14 year old cousin would say)

Oh and he believes that he can change the molecular structure of water with his emotions.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2022, 06:37:11 PM »

Great thread here:

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/status/1479730371679850500
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 10, 2022, 09:54:30 PM »

He is a bit grumpy and has had more than his fair share of bad behaviour on court.  

People who haven't been vaccinated don't really bother me, people who encourage others not to get vaccinated do.  Think it would have been better if he just did the no vax thing quietly, and didn't mention the medical exemption.  I don't even think he comes out of this worst, Tennis Australia seem to be leading the way.

Think I am losing my mind slowly if that helps.

Haha, last sentence so true for half the world these days. I'm older than you and I do remember existential threats like nuclear war etc. But the last 5 years or so, Brexit ref, Trump, pandemic have been enough to test anybodys perspectives and general sense of wellbeing
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:06:43 PM by nirvana » Logged

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 10, 2022, 09:55:34 PM »

Oh and he believes that he can change the molecular structure of water with his emotions.

Yoou wont be old enough but he must be the Uri Geller of the tennis world. Reasonable to think him oddball I guess

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 10, 2022, 10:05:35 PM »

The rules bit of it is less bothersome to me than to most I think because, transparently, i think the rules are daft. I spent most of lockdown breaking the rules, only very slightly but by the letter of the mandates/laws (can't remember what they were) , I was breaking them so glass houses and all that.

Rule breaking by Govt's like ours or not applying them properly (like I assume must have happened in Australia) seems much worse than citizens trying to bend or break the rules

sola virtus nobilitat
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 11, 2022, 12:41:54 AM »

Yoou wont be old enough but he must be the Uri Geller of the tennis world. Reasonable to think him oddball I guess

Oh I am old enough. I think I remember everyone had to touch an orange spot on the TV to help England win Euro 96. Or maybe I just made that up?!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 11, 2022, 02:25:08 AM »

Oh I am old enough. I think I remember everyone had to touch an orange spot on the TV to help England win Euro 96. Or maybe I just made that up?!

yeah he also claimed to move the ball before the penalty

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: