blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:24:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 89848 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: June 27, 2022, 01:05:52 PM »

bet against Radacanu today. Her opponent is a very savvy grass player who has some good form this year.

Hope Murray can play without getting injured and make it to the QF vs Novak, but I always worry all those 4 and 5 setters can catch up with him.

Looking forward to watching some matches!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 27, 2022, 11:02:35 PM »

Can't help but keep an eye on the Canadian players....

Bianca Andreescu had a knee operation after an injury in 2021. She's only just started playing tournaments this year after a long layoff. Nonetheless, she's playing the final of the WTA Bad Homburg Open on grass on Sunday. Yes, she got a walkover vs Simona Halep, but she's hot favourite for the final against Garcia tomorrow. She's not dropped a set in her three matches (Swann and Kasatkina were two of her opponents), and I think she's currently overpriced at 22/1 foe Wimbledon. If she wins tomorrow, that price will be gone.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/article/canadas-bianca-andreescu-in-bad-homburg-final-after-halep-withdraws/

She was a great player, but seems to have lost her way a bit up until last week.  Hasn't got beyond the first round at Wimbledon and never won on grass.  Not sure Swan is much of a test.  I'd expect her to do better this time, but wouldn't want to be taking 22/1, but you can get 33/1.

Raducanu has had a bit of a bad draw.   I think of her as a top 30/40 player who got lucky right now.  She doesn't want to be playing someone of about that level who is bang in form on grass.  Hope she wins, but isn't favourite and shouldn't be.  I fear for the pasting she is going to get if she loses on social media.   Don't know if I'll be up to watch it, guess it depends on how long today's PLO8 lasts. 

I assume it is on TV here, but sports I have watched include coyote shooting (seriously wtf?)  and air hockey.  btw the girl who was shooting live coyotes was massively excited to kill a couple, and let the viewers know how beautiful they were after killing them.  Now if they were squirrels or cats I could be persuaded...  Am kind of hopeful that there is a conservation reason for killing coyotes, but didn't hang round to find out.  Flicked over to watch some big upping of Putin on Fox News.  Wish I'd bought my laptop... am such a mug.

vpn to the UK and all the courts are on BBC sport

Am just giving VPNs a miss.  I play a lot of poker and don't want any sites finding it and banning me.  US coverage is a bit hyperactive.   Got up early this morning for Radacanu, and there she was, but watching it is like me at my worst with a remote when several sports are on, they just flick to another match and back whenever something happens.  So was really watching Radacanu, Kerber, Alcaraz and Hurkacz all at the same time. 

Interesting comment after them saying their could have been a shock in the Radacanu match; she was 6/4 against today.  She seems a way off her best, but seemed gutsy enough. 

For those interested in the Sportsman channel.  Today they were shooting deer and mountain goats.  Mountain goats won this round, with the hunters just getting wet and miserable; more of the same please.  I know I should avoid it, but it is just in the block with the regular sports channels.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 28, 2022, 10:25:16 PM »

If anyone had told me last month i would enjoy a 3 hour woman's tennis match between a player outside the top 100 and another outside the top 1000 i would said they were mad

what a game

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 30, 2022, 06:06:56 PM »

Wimbledon shaping up nicely for Brits

Boulter playing Tan in next round both of them outside the top 100
Watson playing someone outside the top 60

Norrie's draw has opened up and is top seed all the way to the Semi
Draper plays tonight winner plays Broady for a place in the last 16

and Edmunds should be on court tomorrow in the mixed

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #484 on: July 01, 2022, 08:28:56 AM »

If anyone had told me last month i would enjoy a 3 hour woman's tennis match between a player outside the top 100 and another outside the top 1000 i would said they were mad

what a game

Top level sport +  tanned young women in short skirts sweating and cavorting about, who are you and what have you done with the real Ironside? 

The older I get, the better I was.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 01, 2022, 02:57:38 PM »

Just woke up to see Watson win.  Really good to see her back in form again.  Boulter was fantastic too, especially in the circumstances.  Those ranking points would have made a huge difference to both.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 01, 2022, 04:00:23 PM »

did you see broady's win yesterday after losing 11 games in a row?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2022, 04:02:51 PM »

Just woke up to see Watson win.  Really good to see her back in form again.  Boulter was fantastic too, especially in the circumstances.  Those ranking points would have made a huge difference to both.

what a year for the brits to get no rankings points in the biggest edge a jobbing brit has on tour.   Imagine heather got to semis of this and still 100 in the world!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 01, 2022, 04:15:09 PM »

did you see broady's win yesterday after losing 11 games in a row?

I didn't see it all, he is playing a part time Brit in the next round too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 01, 2022, 04:28:51 PM »

what a year for the brits to get no rankings points in the biggest edge a jobbing brit has on tour.   Imagine heather got to semis of this and still 100 in the world!

LTA Definitely shot themselves in the foot if one of their aims is to get up the Brit rankings.   Raducanu and Norrie aren't badly affected, it is the likes of Broady, Watson and Boulter who are going to suffer.   

Think it is harsh to call them jobbing Brits, as barring Watson, most of them were having good years/grass seasons.  I remember getting up to Wimbledon after work on a Monday and Tueday in week 1 just because they were the only days you could be sure to see Brits play.  They were genuine jobbing Brits back in those days and it was a major shock to see any of the women in round 2.  You'd just be hoping they didn't get completely tonked.

I remember posting something about maybe getting 5 Brits in the top 100 men when Edmund came back.  The rate it is going, we could get 6 or 7.  Not seen anything like that for decades.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 02, 2022, 10:37:54 AM »

https://twitter.com/tangledtennis/status/1543136238424981507?t=jj4UN6gNXEEc7pYFPBjT5w&s=19

Smiley

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 02, 2022, 11:28:45 PM »

New entry to the top 10 tennis handshakes.  Junior Wimbledon.

https://twitter.com/TheBoiledEgg/status/1543299230546071553?t=Uou1p9tht0X0zigAlDskhg&s=19

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2022, 03:14:39 PM »

genuine question can jobber heather say she got to the 'second week' when she got beat on Sunday under the new lawns format?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2022, 04:03:50 PM »

depends if you would say someone playing a last 32 match on the Monday in years gone by in a rain effected Wimbledon had made the 2nd week or not

i would say if you make the last 16 on a Sunday you made the 2nd week but if you play in last 32 on a Monday you haven't

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 03, 2022, 06:18:01 PM »

In my head it is still week 1. I don't really think anything else makes sense as it runs Monday wk 1 to Sunday wk 2.  Having two Sundays in week 2 is just wrong.  Also think you can say this is still week 1 of the Championship. 

I am prepared to concede that you could claim this is week 2 of the Ladies tournament, still think week 1 is right though.  I assume nobody is including qualifying, as it never counted in the past.  Also middle Sunday in the past was more correctly called week 1, as it was only ever used to catch up on week 1 games (I think).

Don't think it matters too much, as last 16 is a much better line to draw than week 1/week 2.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: