blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93175 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: July 15, 2023, 10:28:02 PM »

And makes it to the final of the junior girls doubles at age 14. 

Isabelle Lacy has made a decent start at senior level 2.

And Henry Searle has made it to the junior boys final too.

I think British Tennis will be fine.  Just wish I could watch, but got to do the Dad thing tomorrow afternoon.  Obviously hoping Alcaraz wins too.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2023, 06:51:48 PM »

Can't remember last time I watched Tennis but it's a long time. Some elements reminded me of why i started to find it unwatchable, grunting, fist pumping, constantly looking up towards your team. Still, was a pretty great game to watch.

Obvs rooting for the GOAT but was good to see Alcaraz for the first time in the flesh. Pretty amazing player. Gonna win it all that boy

sola virtus nobilitat
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 24, 2023, 01:45:47 PM »

Dan Evans looking incredibly low on confidence go two sets down as the light got darker. Wouldn't bet on Evans to win a match in the near future after that, he looked completely shot, full of self doubt.

This prediction worked out well!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 24, 2023, 02:20:16 PM »

Dan Evans looking incredibly low on confidence go two sets down as the light got darker. Wouldn't bet on Evans to win a match in the near future after that, he looked completely shot, full of self doubt.

Ha, was quite sympathetic to your thinking too.  Kind of think he was grumpy and chastising himself whilst collecting the trophy. 

Paulo Lorenzi was older in case you are wondering.

We could have 5 in the top 100 men soon.  Draper should be back soon enough and Broady on the borders.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 24, 2023, 02:46:40 PM »

Ha, was quite sympathetic to your thinking too.  Kind of think he was grumpy and chastising himself whilst collecting the trophy. 

We could have 5 in the top 100 men soon.  Draper should be back soon enough and Broady on the borders.

i wasnt watching drapers 2nd match when he pulled out this week was it just to protect himself for next week?
he looked good in the first round

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 24, 2023, 08:19:28 PM »

i wasnt watching drapers 2nd match when he pulled out this week was it just to protect himself for next week?
he looked good in the first round

I assume he is just looking after himself after a long injury.  He has Hurcacz in round 2 and has 3rd round points to defend, so maybe top 100 will have to wait a bit. 

He doesn't get nearly the same amount of grief as Raducanu, but can't be far off with his injuries.   Would be good to see them both go injury free next year.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2023, 05:58:03 PM »

how does the lucky loser work ? i thought it was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round!
Broady was the 10th seed but Duckworth and Cazaux both got in as LL ahead of him

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 29, 2023, 09:08:13 PM »

how does the lucky loser work ? i thought it was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round!
Broady was the 10th seed but Duckworth and Cazaux both got in as LL ahead of him

Maybe he didn't sign in for some reason to get the spot? I guess it could also be done on ranking today and not at the time of the seedings. Not sure though...
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 29, 2023, 09:26:16 PM »

It is a draw amongst the highest ranked players that were eliminated in the last round.  So Cazaux and Duckworth had the same chance as him.

Edit.  Just checked and Broady was drawn 4th of the 4 highest seeds, so needed 4 withdrawals. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 09:32:13 PM by Doobs » Logged

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 30, 2023, 02:06:17 AM »

7 brits entered 1st round
7 brits make it too 2nd round

Making Britain great again

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 30, 2023, 01:30:52 PM »

7 brits entered 1st round
7 brits make it too 2nd round

Making Britain great again

Great stuff. I watched a few games as well as off sick.  Miyazaki had a dream draw, but the others all seemed to be good wins.  Miyazaki now ahead of Dart and Swan and not far behind Watson. 

I am not sure what is going on with Swan as haven't heard anything.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 30, 2023, 06:00:15 PM »

i know your more a singles fan than doubles (i am other way) but have you noticed cash/pattern's climb up the rankings
they missed the French and Wimbledon this year when Patten was injured and cash and his stand ins did nothing.

just outside the top 50 now mainly with results on the challenger tour.

would love too see them get just a little higher so they can make the main draws of the bigger events

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 31, 2023, 05:33:48 PM »

i know your more a singles fan than doubles (i am other way) but have you noticed cash/pattern's climb up the rankings
they missed the French and Wimbledon this year when Patten was injured and cash and his stand ins did nothing.

would love too see them get just a little higher so they can make the main draws of the bigger events

Don't really pay much attention, but have vaguely followed them.

Now TV very annoying.  Boulter playing the girl in form and they switched it off for Murray. Am hoping Draper does Hurkacz quickly so we can see the end.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 31, 2023, 06:36:00 PM »

Now TV very annoying.  Boulter playing the girl in form and they switched it off for Murray. Am hoping Draper does Hurkacz quickly so we can see the end.

For those on Now TV, it is still possible to watch on Betfair tiny screen.  Fairly maddening they didn't even go to the last Boulter game even after Draper had won.  Waffle then adverts... 

Quite the double for GB there anyway.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 31, 2023, 06:57:11 PM »

For those on Now TV, it is still possible to watch on Betfair tiny screen.  Fairly maddening they didn't even go to the last Boulter game even after Draper had won.  Waffle then adverts... 

Quite the double for GB there anyway.

when watching on betfair click on the pop up then zoom on your browser 500% and its like watching full screen and about 2 seconds ahead of SKY

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: