blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:37:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Doobs and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 92916 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2021, 05:32:14 PM »

Raducanu can hold the baton of British number 1 until Hannah Klugman comes of age.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2021, 09:08:50 PM »

What's Konta been saying, Doobs?

She can't be on the cummings express, can she?

Didn't she have it earlier this year and miss one of the comps because she was ill?

Before Wimbledon she was pretty sceptical, and saying she liked to take her time on deciding whether to take the vaccine and pretty sure she went on about the long term risks etc. 

She then missed Wimbledon as one of her team got Covid (she got it herself soon after) and missed the Olympics because she was still suffering herself after Covid.  She has also acknowledged she missed a lot of training and taken time to get back.  I have probably seen her play most of her games since Wimbledon and she probably still isn't fully back, and she has dropped outside the top 32 to 60 or so.   

Then before the US Open, she was asked about the vaccine and she said she didn't like to talk about it, but then said it was a difficult decision and she was unsure if she should have taken the vaccine.  I don't think she has taken it yet, though she likely has quite a bit ot immunity now. 

She might have fallen down the rankings anyway, as she had a lot of points to defend, and her level had fallen before she got Covid.   I still just shake my head every time she speaks on the vaccine.  If you don't want to speak about the vaccine, just say no comment or similar.  It isn't just her though, I read the other day that approximately half tennis players haven't been vaccinated and Djokovic has managed to outdo Konta on this.

Hopefully she's a warning for any of them that are hesitant, if she's still a bit wobbly, even now.

See that William Foxen and Kristen Bicknell have gone full crazy on this, and spend half their time retweeting conspiracy theorists now.

Kristen Bicknell is a big disappointment; she genuinely seemed to be one of the good ones and went right back to playing 1/2 back in the day on Stars.  Have read some good stuff from her over the years.  I don't really know of that much about Foxen, but he looks well gone, on his way past Cummins to full David Icke.  Love some of the comments on his threads; you can't boycott the WSOP if you're barred. 

By comparison, it was no surprise when Charlie Carrell rocked up on some threads. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2021, 09:17:41 PM »

What's Konta been saying, Doobs?

She can't be on the cummings express, can she?

Didn't she have it earlier this year and miss one of the comps because she was ill?

Before Wimbledon she was pretty sceptical, and saying she liked to take her time on deciding whether to take the vaccine and pretty sure she went on about the long term risks etc. 

She then missed Wimbledon as one of her team got Covid (she got it herself soon after) and missed the Olympics because she was still suffering herself after Covid.  She has also acknowledged she missed a lot of training and taken time to get back.  I have probably seen her play most of her games since Wimbledon and she probably still isn't fully back, and she has dropped outside the top 32 to 60 or so.   

Then before the US Open, she was asked about the vaccine and she said she didn't like to talk about it, but then said it was a difficult decision and she was unsure if she should have taken the vaccine.  I don't think she has taken it yet, though she likely has quite a bit ot immunity now. 

She might have fallen down the rankings anyway, as she had a lot of points to defend, and her level had fallen before she got Covid.   I still just shake my head every time she speaks on the vaccine.  If you don't want to speak about the vaccine, just say no comment or similar.  It isn't just her though, I read the other day that approximately half tennis players haven't been vaccinated and Djokovic has managed to outdo Konta on this.

Hopefully she's a warning for any of them that are hesitant, if she's still a bit wobbly, even now.

See that William Foxen and Kristen Bicknell have gone full crazy on this, and spend half their time retweeting conspiracy theorists now.

Kristen Bicknell is a big disappointment; she genuinely seemed to be one of the good ones and went right back to playing 1/2 back in the day on Stars.  Have read some good stuff from her over the years.  I don't really know of that much about Foxen, but he looks well gone, on his way past Cummins to full David Icke.  Love some of the comments on his threads; you can't boycott the WSOP if you're barred. 

By comparison, it was no surprise when Charlie Carrell rocked up on some threads. 

Yeah, really weird to see just how far they're gone. I worry, how people who are obviously very smart, get taken in.

I'm just a sheep, so I guess that's why I follow scientists, and not people on rumble or bitchute.

Carrell has been out there since the start, and I listened just to try and work out why, but gave up after a few streams Cheesy

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2021, 12:04:13 AM »

didnt see that happening after the first 2 games

She is just so good.   She was 1.7 today and it seemed value.   

One more game and she is UK number 1.  Next game likely to be much tougher though.   Not sure what value is, 2.5 up?

Betfair have opened and she is currently 2.32/2.4, so will just watch for now.   

Have seen a few people mention she hasn't beaten a top 40 player, but demolishing a couple of players just outside the top 40 isn't the same as scraping home against them in 3 sets.   

Back to the tennis.

I am beginning to think I should definitely back Bencic now as Raducanu is now 2.24/2.26.  I heard the tennis expert on 5 live earlier saying that all the pressure was on Bencic as Raducanu hadn't dropped a set yet.  This made me grumpy on two grounds, one that there can't be any logical reason that would be a good reason all the pressure was on the other player; and two, I don't think Bencic has dropped a set either.  Presumably all the pressure would be on Raducanu if that were true?   

Then I read Naomi Broady speculating she could be British number one by this time next year.  Understanding of the ranking system obviously not a strong point (she wins this, she is there already).

I am not going to oppose Radacanu, as it will just mean I get grumpy whatever the result, but at least I know I should be betting against her...

Even more bizarre is that Radacanu is now shorter to win the whole thing on betfair than Bencic.

Anyway go Raducanu.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2021, 02:14:45 AM »

Is her match tomorrow night? (UK)

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2021, 07:20:29 AM »

It is 5pm UK today I think.   She is first on Ashe. 

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2021, 11:19:35 AM »

Happy days. Cheers.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2021, 04:01:27 PM »

i thought they were playing on hard courts ashe sounds a like soft to me
chippy tea for me tonight so uninterrupted watching just hoping she puts on a fight a win will be a bonus

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2021, 06:37:28 PM »

Brilliant stuff

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »

Brilliant stuff

thumbs up thumbs up
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »

Fairly dominant performance that 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2021, 06:46:25 PM »

Marching on!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2021, 12:13:42 PM »

wow Sakkari beat Piskova last night think this will be her 2nd slam semi final
think this is the better option than playing Piskova but Sakkari is playing well and beaten the 6 and the 4 seed now

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2021, 05:49:05 PM »

wow Sakkari beat Piskova last night think this will be her 2nd slam semi final
think this is the better option than playing Piskova but Sakkari is playing well and beaten the 6 and the 4 seed now

Don't know if her form means much; they are all in form to get to the semis.   Would take the 17th seed in form over the 4th seed in form.  I'd far rather face Fernandez in the final for the same reason.   Optimistic she could win this, which is quite mad really.   

FWIW I did end up backing Raducanu in the last round.  I put 2.52 up which must have been taken not long before the off as it was still unmatched an hour or two before.  She is 2.3 or so for the semi now.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2021, 03:57:17 AM »

Good first set!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: