blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The long overdue (no staking) tennis betting and discussion thread  (Read 93148 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: November 12, 2023, 01:32:59 PM »

Well its a best of 3 match tie, our best via there best in first rubber so i don't play Broady as that would put Draper against Novak. I would put Murray out first against Djork, Draper out vrs there number 2 then Cam/Skupski in the double hopefully after Murray has tired Djork out a little.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 01:39:45 PM by Ironside » Logged

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: November 12, 2023, 02:24:43 PM »

Burrage collapse after 4-0 up in first set good win for Boulter
Draper beat 2 good players this week but just missing out on the win and a place in the top 50

Davis cup next  thinking it will be Cam and Draper in singles Murray and Skupski in the doubles

that is if Cam plays

Think it is obviously Draper.  You'd take Cam over Murray, but both out of form.  Murray seems to be throwing away a few games from winning positions, so can't have him in the singles right now.  Do you ever consider Broady?  Good for team spirit and in his best form ever? 

Think you have to play Burrage today.  Got to be better playing a weak opponent today than someone much better when she next plays a BJK tie. She has put the odd bad game in, but played well again next time in the past.

They announced Burrage earlier, but it is now going to be Dart. Think Lumsden is there, so might be Lumsden Watson in the doubles?

Not entirely sure, but Dart should be good enough here.

Don't know what this means for Burrage though, future games are going to be harder.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: November 12, 2023, 05:34:03 PM »

well next season HOPEFULLY Emma is back playing. I haven't enjoyed watching Jodie's game since the summer it feels like she cant hold her own serve.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: November 12, 2023, 05:50:45 PM »

well next season HOPEFULLY Emma is back playing. I haven't enjoyed watching Jodie's game since the summer it feels like she cant hold her own serve.

Don't think she has much of a serve.

A fit Raducanu and Boulter would be a decent base for a really solid team.  Can hold the fort until the young ones come though in 3 or 4 years.  We finished 3rd in the BJK juniors, only lost 2 games all week, unfortunately both in the same match.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: November 15, 2023, 10:44:26 AM »

Draper beat 2 good players this week but just missing out on the win and a place in the top 50

Davis cup next  thinking it will be Cam and Draper in singles Murray and Skupski in the doubles

that is if Cam plays

Do you ever consider Broady?  Good for team spirit and in his best form ever? 

Broady not option currently as Salisbury comes in as Evans replacement

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 15, 2023, 04:23:28 PM »

Did anybody else have any joy in the ballot?

I got centre court tickets for the quarter finals.  Reckon I could have gone to Nottingham for the week on the £165 they cost. 

Looking forward to Raducanu Vs Boulter and Draper Vs Alcaraz. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 15, 2023, 05:53:58 PM »

I got centre court tickets for the quarter finals.  Reckon I could have gone to Nottingham for the week on the £165 they cost. 

wimbledon next year?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: November 15, 2023, 07:51:37 PM »

wimbledon next year?

Yep, they sent the emails out yesterday. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 15, 2023, 08:05:26 PM »

wimbledon next year?

nice but surely you want too see Draper Emma and Katie all win there QFs  on centre aagainst top seeds

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 15, 2023, 09:44:37 PM »

wimbledon next year?

nice but surely you want too see Draper Emma and Katie all win there QFs  on centre aagainst top seeds

They only promise me one men's and one women's match.  Will likely just get there early and try and find some Brits on the outside courts for old times sake.   Maybe catch Klugman? 

Reckon Draper is most likely still to be in. 

Who finishes next year as top Brits.  Boulter, Draper or does Norrie regain his form and Raducanu just fly up the rankings?  Think Raducanu is odds on to get back to top 50, but maybe 2025, as some of the noises don't sound promising. 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 18, 2023, 01:35:51 PM »

Murray out of Davis cup now,

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 19, 2023, 11:22:08 PM »

Davis cup next  thinking it will be Cam and Draper in singles Murray and Skupski in the doubles

that is if Cam plays

Do you ever consider Broady?  Good for team spirit and in his best form ever? 

Broady not option currently as Salisbury comes in as Evans replacement

Bump Smiley

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 20, 2023, 11:14:47 AM »

i still stick with Cam versus Novak so that Draper has a chance versus who they pick as No2 and then hope that Skupski and Sailsbury can win the doubles.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 22, 2023, 11:25:53 PM »

Nice going!

No luck this year so far for us, but they do send them out in waves I think....

I noticed that the Laver Cup is in Berlin next year. Does anyone take this seriously? It is played for ranking points, right? Or is it just a glorified exhibition?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 23, 2023, 10:19:57 PM »

Nice going!

No luck this year so far for us, but they do send them out in waves I think....

I noticed that the Laver Cup is in Berlin next year. Does anyone take this seriously? It is played for ranking points, right? Or is it just a glorified exhibition?

Think it is meant to be more than a glorified exhibition.  Can't say I have any interest in it though.  Weird that I have more interest in tennis day to day than I have golf, but try and watch as much of the Ryder Cup as possible. 

I watched the Davis Cup today and have even been to the BJK cup too, so not really sure why I have no interest.  Think I am just inconsistent; feck the Shergar Cup ad Racing League too (hi Jeremy, how are you doing?).

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: