blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  OFFICIAL FORTNITE THREAD (the computer game)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OFFICIAL FORTNITE THREAD (the computer game)  (Read 5288 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:31:19 PM »

Who plays this game?
Who has kids that play this game?
Who has kids who are better than them at this game?

Currently the most popular game in the world (I reckon) A free 100 person online Battle Royale style game. Really amazingly good. Top players get over 100,000 people watching them stream on twitch.

I love it but I'm really bad at it.
https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/buy-now/battle-royale
bunnydas8888

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »

Never played it, but I'm a pubg fan boy!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 08:32:49 PM »

Downloaded it but have only had a brief go so far....
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 10:20:27 PM »

Daughter likes it.  She tends to hide out of the way until there's only 1 or 2 others left.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 10:31:48 PM »

Daughter likes it.  She tends to hide out of the way until there's only 1 or 2 others left.

lol what life lessons have you been teaching her?    Tell her to get stuck in!  Grin
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 11:30:55 PM »

lol what life lessons have you been teaching her?    Tell her to get stuck in!  Grin

I do Cheesy  I try and get her to get in there and start shooting people but she's a pretty bad shot.  I know practice and all that but she'd rather be standing at the end.  She's not a gamer to be fair - she only plays it because her friends do.  She's happy.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:23 PM »

I do Cheesy  I try and get her to get in there and start shooting people but she's a pretty bad shot.  I know practice and all that but she'd rather be standing at the end.  She's not a gamer to be fair - she only plays it because her friends do.  She's happy.

Don’t create another snowflake, too many already!  Kiss
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 01:23:24 AM »

Got it, play it, suck at it. But the satisfaction of doing something useful keeps me coming back, plus I find it oddly relaxing. Much more so than Rocket League, the other game I play regularly.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 07:51:09 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

Me and a friend last night, wanted to see how far we could get just hiding. When they got down to two the other guy panicked for some reason, stayed in his base too long and got killed by the storm.

Was a particularly fun moment with 5 left when 3 people ran right past my friend who was hiding in his bush, and one of them set up in a base really close by with a guided rocket launcher.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 11:24:22 PM »

So you managed to win with neither of you getting any kills? Nicely done!
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 02:57:53 PM »

My eldest lad has just started playing it. I have absolutely no idea what is going on!

Help a confused middle aged man..............
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »

The learning curve is so tough.

No tutorial and no matchmaking so the best and the worst are all lumped in together.

Building is the most crucial element of the game and is difficult to get your head around. I have probably got 10 kills across about 25 games total. I don't think I have ever had more than a couple of kills in a game.

It is really tough, I think it's the sort of game you just need to play over and over and over. Need to be looking to build at every opportunity and I guess the muscle memory kicks in and you build faster.

Not sure it is something I will stick with at the moment but there is no doubt it is excellent and addictive.

A good place to start to get better at shooting is probably just to drop into Tilted Towers every time. It is always the most populated so will get lots of shooting practice. Be prepared to die, a lot.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 04:24:24 PM »

The learning curve is so tough.

No tutorial and no matchmaking so the best and the worst are all lumped in together.

Building is the most crucial element of the game and is difficult to get your head around. I have probably got 10 kills across about 25 games total. I don't think I have ever had more than a couple of kills in a game.

It is really tough, I think it's the sort of game you just need to play over and over and over. Need to be looking to build at every opportunity and I guess the muscle memory kicks in and you build faster.

Not sure it is something I will stick with at the moment but there is no doubt it is excellent and addictive.

A good place to start to get better at shooting is probably just to drop into Tilted Towers every time. It is always the most populated so will get lots of shooting practice. Be prepared to die, a lot.

So is crack. Probably best not to get started on either.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2018, 05:50:41 PM »

Yh improving at shooting is a good starting point, because getting kills (especially out in the open) is so satisfying.

Would highly recommend changing your keybindings so building useful shapes (the vertical wall and the stairway shapes) quickly is easier.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 08:01:04 PM »

My eldest lad has just started playing it. I have absolutely no idea what is going on!

Help a confused middle aged man..............

it's relatively simple.

it's a winner take all sng. where the blinds are represented by the storm that damages you if you dont stay inside.

circle = blinds. timer = levels. gear/position on map = your chipstack. 

most people quickly get bored of wins in and of themselves and so play for high kill wins etc.

PUBG > Fortnite tho for sure.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: