blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 42966 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

He's a character that Barry Fry!

Obviously not a TfT lurker, though, or he'd have taken the PUFC petty cash tin to Ladbrokes Bedford and got the 40-1 instead.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2019, 09:24:38 AM »

What next for Joey?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2019, 12:04:34 PM »

TEST

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »

My thanks to the Gentleman who reported this was locked.

Think Ironside or Tighty must have locked it. Or Red-Dog. He'll all over Champo stuff, & is a Barnsley lad after all. 

Apologies to the thousands of you waiting to post on the thread.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2019, 12:28:49 PM »

What next for Joey?

Still awaiting a reliable version of events surrounding this.  Initially the talk was of a punch or headbutt, but today seems to be pointing more towards Stendel being pushed from behind and falling face first into a metal barrier, or handrail.

What seems to be fairly consistent so far is that he had blood pouring from his face and some damage to his teeth arising from the incident.

Some reports suggest Stendel called him a "fucking scally" in the lead up to it but, having heard him speak English a few times, I just can't see this being likely as it's a phrase which I'd consider beyond his knowledge of English, and it's various localised insults.

The social media clampdown has been pretty effective, to be fair.  Two of our players, Cauley Woodrow and Dimitre Cavare, had their eye-witness tweets taken down pretty quickly and I suspect there's a decent amount of video footage available, none of which is currently in the public domain.  The post-game scenes are quite often filmed for social media by the club's employees (you can see Andy White, our social media guy, doing this in the footage of Stendel and Barton shaking hands after the match) so I suspect this is all now being reviewed by SYP before they decide how to proceed.

Regardless, it seems to have gone beyond the usual touchline/tunnel handbags you see between managers on a fairly regular basis.  All the blame appears to be pointed at Barton so far, and there does seem to have been an attempt to get him swiftly out of Oakwell, which the police prevented from happening until they'd spoken to him and arranged a 'voluntary interview' later this week.  Assuming so, I hope this will result in the book being thrown at him by the football authorities, alongside another criminal complaint against him.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2019, 12:47:13 PM »

There were com scenes in the car park afterwards, as police "forcibly prevented Barton from leaving".

Click to see full-size image.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »

The footage (filmed by someone I know) got stopped shortly after this, but by all accounts, he was allowed to leave a couple of minutes after this.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »

Barnsley lodge official complaint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47948155

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2019, 01:24:27 PM »

Barnsley lodge official complaint.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47948155

Not surprising, lol.

He'll have to go back to playing with Twatter, after his community service.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2019, 11:03:48 AM »

Barton responds:

https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1118807568506290176?s=20

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »

Worth reading for the comments alone.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 30, 2019, 10:19:38 PM »

Saturday and Tuesday = an unbelievably perfect set of results, so without kicking a ball tonight THE REDS ARE GOING UP.

Very relieved that Saturday has now become a shootout with Luton for the League One title without the prospect of playoffs still lurking for either of us.  Congratulations to Luton Town too on a well deserved promotion.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2019, 10:45:59 PM »

You're welcome Smiley

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2019, 10:58:45 PM »

You're welcome Smiley

Ivan Toney has played a part in two Barnsley promotions from League One now.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »

One of the craziest games I've seen in a long time tonight. Sure there were a few Lutoners and Tykes watching on ifollow too.

Like the good old days under Fergie. Didn't want him back initially but it feels right again. The two were meant to be together.

Next season...

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: