blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:08:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champo, L1 & L2, 2018/19  (Read 42939 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »

Reading and Stoke managed zero shots on target yesterday, seven years since that last happened in the Championship. I can see both of us doing the same again in L1 next season.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2020, 11:02:15 PM »

What's going to happen to the football? Non League has apparently been cancelled and it must set a precedent.

This non-existing season would be Wednesday's best in recent year. Sheffield United missing out on Europe, Liverpool on the league and Leeds on promotion
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 27, 2020, 11:16:42 PM »

What's going to happen to the football? Non League has apparently been cancelled and it must set a precedent.

This non-existing season would be Wednesday's best in recent year. Sheffield United missing out on Europe, Liverpool on the league and Leeds on promotion

Under National league right?
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2020, 11:54:22 PM »

Posh getting relegated from the Championship with a record points total was bad enough. What's about to happen in L1 though is genuine what the absolute fk.

The best squad, with the best goal difference, best record against the other top teams, the momentum pre-Covid and an easy run-in, is about to get kicked out of the top six. A different way of finishing each of the three EFL leagues. Joke.

Wycombe could end up getting promoted if they can't stage playoffs having been outside the playoff positions. Because they had a game in hand, away at runaway leaders Coventry. Which they'd have been odds-on to lose. Had Coventry not gone so deep in the FA Cup and that match not been postponed...pfft.

Tough times all round though.

"Luke Prosser PFA rep at Colchester on Radio 5 saying that feeling amongst him and the 1000 or so free agents in EFL this summer is very few will get contracts in EFL, as they believe many clubs with no crowds and limited revenue will make do with the squads they have,16-20 players.
His case and 4 other senior pros at Colchester was they were offered contract extensions that they were due to sign, then the postponement came and the contracts were torn up. He said at 31 he has a young family and cant uproot from area so will almost certainly be forced to retire. Gone from captaining Colchester away at Old Trafford in Cup to a few months later unemployed. Been told even if Colchester go up they will not be in a position to offer any new contracts."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:02:02 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

Just two cases of Covid in the Championship today and both play for Hull. I mean, what are the odds?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 24, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »

Have they jogged the season on, or they got ongoing meetings?

Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »

Have they jogged the season on, or they got ongoing meetings?

Season will restart 20th June. Play off final is July 30th. Gonna be a tight squeeze.
That's in the Championship.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2020, 11:11:49 PM »

There's now no excuse for L1 and L2 not to come back tbh.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »

There's now no excuse for L1 and L2 not to come back tbh.

Chance at grimming Tikay is still live!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2020, 09:28:02 AM »

Not a chance anything happens in tomorrow's L1 vote other than the season gets pulled bar play-offs. Maybe two-thirds will vote that way, meaning Posh miss out on the top six and Tranmere go down.

The EFL are a fking joke.

There was no point delaying it. Literally everything that's happened in the past couple of weeks has been conducive towards a resumption, but it's still not going to happen. Mid-table clubs see no point in continuing, so we're left in a position whereby Wycombe will vote to stop the season, so they can then move third on PPG (worst system possible) and then start playing again. Total bullshit.

Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2020, 08:08:35 PM »

Not a chance anything happens in tomorrow's L1 vote other than the season gets pulled bar play-offs. Maybe two-thirds will vote that way, meaning Posh miss out on the top six and Tranmere go down.

The EFL are a fking joke.

There was no point delaying it. Literally everything that's happened in the past couple of weeks has been conducive towards a resumption, but it's still not going to happen. Mid-table clubs see no point in continuing, so we're left in a position whereby Wycombe will vote to stop the season, so they can then move third on PPG (worst system possible) and then start playing again. Total bullshit.

I can't fathom how they can come to a different conclusion from one league/tier to the next. Play on in the Championship but call the two leagues below? It surely makes their position indefensible when individual clubs raise their legitimate concerns.
My biggest sympathy is for those who find themselves relegated without the opportunity to play their way to safety.
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 12, 2020, 01:21:32 PM »

Others will be a lot better informed than me, but In regards to league 1/2.
With no fans, therefore very little income,  yet still having to pay players straight way. Isn’t this a straight road to bustville? Can imagine a lot of clubs books on a knife edge.
Also contracts are more commonly year to year, one of the teams(the team slipped my mind Right now) has only a handful of players after end of June.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2020, 03:25:53 PM »

Anyone who backed Ivan Toney top L1 scorer, or Eion Doyle top L2 scorer with the green clowns ain't getting paid.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 13, 2020, 05:51:21 PM »

Hills settle Posh Promo as a loser, too.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 13, 2020, 06:30:47 PM »

Hills settle Posh Promo as a loser, too.

They've all done this. Would have been an obvious spot for a bit of good PR bet voidance.

Top six, to make the playoffs, to win the playoffs, EW for the league, promotion all up in smoke here thanks to the twats of the EFL.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: