blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:53:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Ryder Cup thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ryder Cup thread  (Read 18617 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2018, 04:16:09 PM »

Not finding anyone that will let me do combos?

Any joy anyone?

How about this question?

Oh Ralph so defensive.

You and Doobs convinced me against my better judgement and memory. I was showing some respect for what I thought was a good spot.

Should have known you were wrong but the Doobs rarely is.......

How on earth did I convince you without offering any reasoning whatsoever for a bet I simply said I was considering?

Oh f off Ralph.

If you had pulled it off you would have claimed genius status etc.

It wasn't because you feel the last 5 times were so evenly matched you were convinced they would all be a draw,

Just let it go ffs

You should have taken my advice(with rationale) and bet on Europe @2.61 about ten days ago.

Didn't you say you were on the draw at 12/1 and tipped 1.98 USA?  Guess there is some profit somewhere if you got 2.61 Europe too.

I didn't tip USA @1.98/99 but just pointed it out(on Twitter I think) to a mate who thought they were a sure thing and had taken shorter.

I did bet the draw @12/1 but failed to trade any out although it did briefly touch 8(7/1) earlier.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »

No, strangely I didn't take your advice, despite your tremendous record........

Congrats

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2018, 05:11:40 PM »

I can't help wondering if most of the Yanks might be somewhat over-golfed after chasing the Fedex $10M making the 6/4+(1.64) Europe a decent proposition.

Poults has just said that he would rather have the final Fedex week off to get better prepared for the RC.

Convinced me

USA currently a fairly tempting 1.98 on the machine.

Convinced me

Ended up playing the draw @12/1 with a view to possibly trade later.

Convinced me
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2018, 05:12:33 PM »

In my opinion Paris National is the best course on the European tour, and by quite a distance too. It's set up really well, it's tough and the last 4 holes  are really tough. Doubt there will be many firework comebacks a la Poulter down the stretch here in the pairs rounds unless the oppos combine to have a mare coz par on all those 4 holes is a really good score.

It's a world away from your typical US event, drive it long flick it to the green kind of course which is a good thing for the Euro team this year as The US team look much better on paper. Can deffo see a few of the Yanks not having the correct mindset to get around here and the good thing about Tiger and Phil is their weakness is their driving and you can get in some horrid spots or water easily off the tee here.

Alex Noren posted a score in this years French Open there and then watched the guys in front of him fall back down that stretch for him to get the win about an hour after he had finished his round. The 3 players level or in front of him after he had posted 7 under in the clubhouse shot a combined +7 for those last 4 holes.

Was hoping TB didn't pick Casey, with the camaraderie angle of the Euros over the years looking like a strength of the US team these days too Casey is so disliked by most of the players on tour for being super aloof and condescending that I can't see how he is going to improve the locker room above his undoubted golf ability. The one big thing in his favour is its a track that should suit him.

Matt Wallace instead of Casey would also show that committing to the European Tour and earning your way close to the automatic picks will get you in the team. Casey made almost no effort to get into the team himself via European tour results.

If Ed Molinari can get a pick instead of Casey the form Ed  was in leading up to Celtic Manor then Wallace's 3 wins this season and the way he won last weekend, think he birdied 7 of his last 8 holes to win in a play off might have sent a better message out to the European Tour players and team.

Meanwhile, Bobby1 really nailed it with that post, what a tough course that is.

We hear & see all this hand-wringing about how pro golfers are murdering courses as they hit the ball so far & the rough is only pretend rough, it does not inhibit the next shot. The rough at Paris National was proper rough, real tough to play shots with control once you get in that stuff, & the fairways narrowed in at the likely landing points of those who bomb it a mile.   

Curious how so many of the players were out of sorts, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2018, 05:42:51 PM »

Bobby should be on his way to Dubai for Xmas after that write up!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2018, 05:49:18 PM »

It remains baffling that at no point in the last 20 years have the Americans discovered a Monty, a Sergio, a Poulter: someone who brings their best, most elevated, game to the Ryder Cup.

Why, for such a patriotic country where chest out fist pumping wrap in flag jingo-ism (amongst the white money-ed classes) is so prevalent, might that be the case?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »

They thought they had it in Reed. He just fell right out of form at exactly the wrong time (for them).

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »

They thought they had it in Reed. He just fell right out of form at exactly the wrong time (for them).

lol at his to the crowd after they had already lost the Ryder Cup  What an idiot  idiot
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2018, 09:22:08 PM »

I thought that showed a decent sense of humour to be fair!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2018, 11:34:14 PM »

That Patrick Reed moment was fantastic. Was blatantly joking and he actually applauded the fans with a smile on his face after it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2018, 12:21:43 AM »

why would tiger/mick et al care about the ryder cup when they make £100m a year for 10+ years?  They are playing heads up for £10m next month in a game (that based on world rankings) would be like Barney and Steve Beaton (both older than 50) playing for £10m at darts.  they are ranked 13 and 25 in the world currently the same as tiiger and phil.  You can't tell me that helps team moral in the US golf team when these two washed up has beens are playing for such a comical amount of money over a weekend?  Could you imagine having an England v rest of the world darts team where Beaton could earn £10m in a weekend in a meaningless tv donkfest and it wouldn't effect moral with the other players?

They only turn up surely because their sponsors demand it?  You can tell by looking at their body langauge (and results) that over 20 years they couldn't care less about it surely?  Once these two are the wrong side of 40 and still being selected its like a tip in itself.  

https://www.pdc.tv/pdc-order-of-merit
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:31:26 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2018, 12:43:12 AM »

Only sky could hype such a paceless boring exhibition event that pays the players nothing and they have no motivation for imo for the vast majority of them (esp the yanks).  Sky actually totally change their EPL football schedule this weekend just to accommodate this donkfest.  They put on the worst tv games of the season to give the shit teams their quota to justify their huge expense on this golf donkfest.

The fact the wives are ssuch a big deal on the opening day sums up what a joke the event is and how out of date it is in the modern world.  Why aren't the husbands/boyfriends paraded before the women's equivalent of the ryder cup?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2018, 08:16:31 AM »

Someone was clearly pissed last night and had done his dough on something.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2018, 09:31:10 AM »

Only sky could hype such a paceless boring exhibition event that pays the players nothing and they have no motivation for imo for the vast majority of them (esp the yanks).  Sky actually totally change their EPL football schedule this weekend just to accommodate this donkfest.  They put on the worst tv games of the season to give the shit teams their quota to justify their huge expense on this golf donkfest.

The fact the wives are ssuch a big deal on the opening day sums up what a joke the event is and how out of date it is in the modern world.  Why aren't the husbands/boyfriends paraded before the women's equivalent of the ryder cup?

Every cloud has a silver lining. The Cardiff v Burnley game was so bad I enjoyed it. And Joe Hart was great with a motm performance  Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2018, 12:32:51 PM »

Someone was clearly pissed last night and had done his dough on something.

Not at all i just don't see what all the fuss is about with the event at all.  It is incredible in the 21st century they still parade the wifes/wags and shows maybe how out of touch golf is as a sport and the decline in its popularity.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: