blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:26:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking in 2018
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking in 2018  (Read 16937 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 05:37:47 PM »

If they are not supposed to knock each other out online - my main reason for blocking myself from party poker
Should we not presume it’s similar instructions live ?
 Truth is it stinks of cheating and scheming against regular players trying with their own money hence why I no longer play
I can’t be the only one who thinks this ?

You don't play anymore because you're shit and can't be bothered with sitting there all day!

Just like me Grin

And I do better at roulett3 😂😂
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2018, 11:43:38 AM »

I actually am not that fussed by this and maybe I should be.

They havnt seen my hole cards or anything, they just are staked into the games and instead of a random backer getting it the company does. Ive gone deep and even won some of the non live party events and Im pretty happy that the guarentees are artifically inflated!
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2018, 09:43:28 PM »

Maybe I'm missing something, but I think I'd rather have the overlay rather than face X allegedly terrible players being thrown into the PPLive comps by BRS/PPL/Various other stables simply so that they could increase their equity in the tournament and simultaneously reduce their overlay exposure.

Of course you want be facing bad players - until you get smashed in the face by their aggregated variance. There's a post on the 2+2 thread by a guy who played a series of comps on his own dime for c.£12k that struck a chord with me. If the game is going get back to any kind of health, surely the serious recs (like that guy and me) need to be nurtured rather than enraged.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 09:06:44 AM »

They havnt seen my hole cards or anything, they just are staked into the games and instead of a random backer getting it the company does. Ive gone deep and even won some of the non live party events and Im pretty happy that the guarentees are artifically inflated!

How can you not be concerned by effectively having a team of players all allegedly under the instruction to play as a team?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 09:35:05 AM »

How can you not be concerned by effectively having a team of players all allegedly under the instruction to play as a team?

There can't be a stable that exists that hasn't been accused of this?  I dare say it was trud with most. 

I remember a hair pulling discussion on Blonde years ago where a few people thoughg it was reasonable to take into account their total money invested on the table and not just their own stack.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 10:15:49 AM »

but gets messy when operators are on the team & have financial interest in outcomes

What say I need the operator to deliver a ruling vs company horse

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 11:25:56 AM »

How many people need to have an axe to grind before their collective axes gain sufficient credibility to no longer be classed as shills?

I mean in that thread there is loads of accounts that to me are very obviously all the same person/collection of people, hoards of brand new accounts come along all writing in the same incredibly well informed succinct manner basically all making the same point, pretty obvious whats going on there. So i would ask, if the matter truly is as much of an outrage then why do they need to regurgitate new fake accounts to build the outrage?

Then there is a few guys in there with valid points who i think actually deserve a response from Party, but they are drowned by the chaos.

Maybe they want to be able to play at DTD in the future?

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 01:37:50 PM »

How many people need to have an axe to grind before their collective axes gain sufficient credibility to no longer be classed as shills?

I mean in that thread there is loads of accounts that to me are very obviously all the same person/collection of people, hoards of brand new accounts come along all writing in the same incredibly well informed succinct manner basically all making the same point, pretty obvious whats going on there. So i would ask, if the matter truly is as much of an outrage then why do they need to regurgitate new fake accounts to build the outrage?

Then there is a few guys in there with valid points who i think actually deserve a response from Party, but they are drowned by the chaos.

You are as vocal as anyone there.  I understand from your posts that you had a dispute over £6k and there may have been legal action.   When you got banned from here, was that connected?  Can you still play at DTD and/or on party? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »

Because its always been this way. Whether staked by Party or in a large stable it is what it is. Bear in mind they are in for 40% of winnings so will still play relativly selfishly.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »

https://mobile.twitter.com/martymath/status/1061285390433312768

Marty Mathis (The Lipo Fund) has issued a statement after speaking to Party and Rob Yong.  I think he has something like 200k ppl$ and was a big critic originally.

cliffs.   
he is now happy
ppl$ is segregated by Party
Rob Yong can give favourable treatment to who the hell he likes st DTD, it is his business.

There is more in there, but I have to work.

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2018, 09:05:16 AM »

If guys are being put into party poker tournamanets where there is an overlay and then playing splashy wouldn’t this be counter productive on the reason party poker put them in? They put them in to win back a slice of the overlay, by them getting it in as underdogs won’t show a high ROI on Party’s investment. And if they are playing a lose aggressive style then I trust people playing £500+ tournaments to be able to adjust there game accordingly and not overplay one pair hands? I played the Side events at Millions Nottingham this year and like every poker player has experienced had my AQ lose to a a lose aggressive guy/girl who deceived A7 suited was good enough to call a  3 bet and then flop top 2 vs my top pair. It happens all the time and will continue to. Maybe investing a year or so savings in a high variance game just isn’t the best thing to do if you won’t be happy with being outdrawn or outplayed.

Most of the players are put in to these by stables, staking threads, or by selling to friends and family.

I understand however when friends or stable mates are soft playing as that is just against the rules of the game and I witness it all the time in online Sats on PP and Starts. Nothing gets done about it which is wrong. So I just don’t play them any more.

Rant over I guess. And I guess the point I am making if you don’t like the conditions for whatever reason just don’t play.  We should try to promote the game for the right reasons and not put it down due to a bad beat.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2018, 01:06:49 PM »

You are as vocal as anyone there.  I understand from your posts that you had a dispute over £6k and there may have been legal action.   When you got banned from here, was that connected?  Can you still play at DTD and/or on party? 

Have I sent you a PM about this? I have written one twice but it doesn’t seem to be in messages folder.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

If guys are being put into party poker tournamanets where there is an overlay and then playing splashy wouldn’t this be counter productive on the reason party poker put them in? They put them in to win back a slice of the overlay, by them getting it in as underdogs won’t show a high ROI on Party’s investment. And if they are playing a lose aggressive style then I trust people playing £500+ tournaments to be able to adjust there game accordingly and not overplay one pair hands? I played the Side events at Millions Nottingham this year and like every poker player has experienced had my AQ lose to a a lose aggressive guy/girl who deceived A7 suited was good enough to call a  3 bet and then flop top 2 vs my top pair. It happens all the time and will continue to. Maybe investing a year or so savings in a high variance game just isn’t the best thing to do if you won’t be happy with being outdrawn or outplayed.

Most of the players are put in to these by stables, staking threads, or by selling to friends and family.

I understand however when friends or stable mates are soft playing as that is just against the rules of the game and I witness it all the time in online Sats on PP and Starts. Nothing gets done about it which is wrong. So I just don’t play them any more.

Rant over I guess. And I guess the point I am making if you don’t like the conditions for whatever reason just don’t play.  We should try to promote the game for the right reasons and not put it down due to a bad beat.

But if you get to sit at a table where loose and splashy is getting it in with A-7 that’s a big advantage for you. If I’m at a table where the operator isn’t providing me with opportunities at loose and splashy chips then that means I’m at a disadvantage. My preference is for others not to have an unfair advantage over me.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2018, 01:34:17 PM »

But if you get to sit at a table where loose and splashy is getting it in with A-7 that’s a big advantage for you. If I’m at a table where the operator isn’t providing me with opportunities at loose and splashy chips then that means I’m at a disadvantage. My preference is for others not to have an unfair advantage over me.

It doesn’t actually matter how loose and splashy/tight and aggressive or whatever they are.

Nobody puts a gun to the head of the promoter and forces them to have overly ambitious guarantees. If they miss the guarantee then that’s their mistake and is at their cost.
If a £5000 entry with £5,000,000 gtee gets 800 runners then those 800 share the benefit of the overlay between them. Effectively they have bought a £6250 ticket at a reduced price.

If the organiser inserts an extra 200 runners on an incentivised basis then the added value for the 800 is removed. It doesn’t matter how they were added, if there was any form of incentive to them, even just travel cost reimbursement, they are taking value from those who have had their potential return reduced.

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2018, 01:44:08 PM »

What is the unfair advantage? That they have more bullets to fire? That they are staked? They are better players than you?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember your post saying that the guy hit a gut shot or something like that to bust you? You got your money in good and just got unlucky. I would have been happy that I got my money in good. My bust out hand was AJ VS KQ who ended up making trips.

If the operator is playing snug then it means you can just steal more pots from them.

I’m not part of a stable, or have a ton of money to burn. So I guess every time I play I’m at a disadvantage to most of the field? I seem to be doing pretty well this year in tournaments without being amazing.

Tournaments are tough, most people generally look for any edge they can get.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: