blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Structure nowadays in Dtd
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Structure nowadays in Dtd  (Read 10109 times)
lutonrover

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2018, 04:06:26 PM »

Hi ,was  thinking  of playin  the Revolution   150k chips   really !!!!

what are the starting blinds

thanks
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 04:50:15 PM »

Blinds start at 500/1000 with a 1000 BA.
Ran this event last week for the first time & had lots of good comments from players about the structure, & the ppLIVE Dollars promotion.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 12:59:28 PM »

But might as well be 50/100/100 with 15k starting stack.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 01:01:47 PM »

This. It's absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 01:04:44 PM »

This. It's absolutely bloody ridiculous.

People like to say they have a million chips, and this gives lots of them a chance Grin

UgotNuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 01:23:45 PM »

More negative 💩.

It’s all to do with the number of big blinds you start with. The rest doesn’t really matter.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 01:24:00 PM »

Would make providing change for the next four levels fun given they would be 60/120, 70/140, 80/160, 90/180...
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2018, 03:58:14 PM »

Come & try it this weekend. As good a structure as you will get for a 2 day comp. The main day 1 is 2pm Saturday & has a 30 minute clock. Would love some feedback from players that haven't been for a while - structure, or anything else.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2018, 04:29:43 PM »

If it wasn't so far, I'd be up there most weekends to donate.

Played at the Millions last month, and really enjoyed it, even though it was a little too busy for my unstable self Smiley

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2018, 04:31:30 PM »

More negative 💩.

It’s all to do with the number of big blinds you start with. The rest doesn’t really matter.

The emboldened bit above is why it's bloody ridiculous because as you correctly say it really doesn't matter.

I just don't get why they needed to multiply everything by ten in the first place? Do you really need a billion chips in play at the start of a tournament?

This isn't an exaggeration by the way, there was a tournament at DTD recently with 1000000000+ chips in play.

About half of these belonged to BRS players Wink

I added a wink... It was a joke... Don't bite my head off.....

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2018, 04:35:38 PM »

Played at the Millions last month, and really enjoyed it, even though it was a little too busy for my unstable self Smiley

If I'd not fallen out of love with poker for various reasons I'd be the same, I used to be there at least 3 times per week and absolutely loved it.

I had some fantastic times at DTD and have got to know some great people as a direct result of going there so I'll always be grateful to the place for that.

I still think starting with 150k chips is stupid though.... Sorry Neil Wink

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »

If I'd not fallen out of love with poker for various reasons I'd be the same, I used to be there at least 3 times per week and absolutely loved it.

I had some fantastic times at DTD and have got to know some great people as a direct result of going there so I'll always be grateful to the place for that.

I have gone much the same, but still like the occasionally splash around.

I used to be super jealous reading about all the exploits on here, during the live updates.

I'm going to try and get a few days off work to hit that WSOP(C) festival in January.

It is if they started the blinds at 25/50, like some comps with 50k starting chips did.

I quite like the Party structures, but would prefer button, over BB ante.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 04:47:37 PM »

More negative 💩.

The emboldened bit above is why it's bloody ridiculous because as you correctly say it really doesn't matter.

I just don't get why they needed to multiply everything by ten in the first place? Do you really need a billion chips in play at the start of a tournament?

This isn't an exaggeration by the way, there was a tournament at DTD recently with 1000000000+ chips in play.

About half of these belonged to BRS players Wink

I added a wink... It was a joke... Don't bite my head off.....

the structures follow the partypoker live structures

fewer big blinds in the starting stack (150x or so) but extra levels in the mid game and towards the final table such that there is more play when you need it

Patrick developed the structure with PPL and it plays exceptionally well. shove fests late on are  (from what i can see, don't play many myself) pretty much a thing of the past but you can't sit there for hours waiting for hand early somuch

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 04:48:27 PM »

Come & try it this weekend. As good a structure as you will get for a 2 day comp. The main day 1 is 2pm Saturday & has a 30 minute clock. Would love some feedback from players that haven't been for a while - structure, or anything else.

Other life has just taken over for me now and I really can't see me committing to a 2 dayer any time soon.

It doesn't seem long ago that I would prioritise the DTD £300 deepstack above everything else, that's just how it was once a month.

I think I got spoilt by all the tournaments on my doorstep and the more of them there were the less important it became to get to one of the big (for me) ones as you knew there would be another one soon.

Genuinely miss those days but alas it's in the past and it's highly unlikely to return.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 04:49:04 PM »

I have gone much the same, but still like the occasionally splash around.

I used to be super jealous reading about all the exploits on here, during the live updates.

I'm going to try and get a few days off work to hit that WSOP(C) festival in January.

It is if they started the blinds at 25/50, like some comps with 50k starting chips did.

I quite like the Party structures, but would prefer button, over BB ante.

we were button ante but Duthie and Rob consulted players (polls on social media and discussions in groups) and the vote was about 65% big blind over button ante, hence the change

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: