blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: schoolgirl who joined IS but wants to come home.  (Read 59948 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 21, 2019, 10:23:05 AM »

The current situation is Tory made?

They called the referendum?

What actually happened was the Tories presented their General Election manifesto with a pledge to hold a referendum.

So the people of the UK who voted for this pledge created the situation and called the referendum. Then the people of the UK reinforced that decision in the referendum itself.

Trying to twist this situation into a political party scenario blatantly ignores the will of the people.

Sure thing the Tories have contributed to the current situation but equally responsible are the negligent opposition, divisions across all parties and Euro hardliners.

Mantis 10 Kush 0

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 21, 2019, 12:01:09 PM »

It was actually the Lib-Dems(who?) who insisted on the Referendum as a condition of their support to form the coalition with Cameron.

Was it?

Not according to this
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/what-is-brexit-why-is-there-an-eu-referendum-a7042791.html

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 21, 2019, 12:04:07 PM »

I really don't believe Maggie would have done a "good job" handling brexit negotiations, this is no reflection on her, I'm sure she would be a much better and tougher negotiator than TM, but a "good job" of handling brexit just doesn't exist, it is 100% truly absolutely impossible, I fully believe this.

The situation isn't Tory made or Labour made, the UK political system is in dissaray and it's the fault of all parties, the system is falling to pieces and there is no sign of anyone fixing it any time soon.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 21, 2019, 03:28:30 PM »

It was actually the Lib-Dems(who?) who insisted on the Referendum as a condition of their support to form the coalition with Cameron.

Assuming you're talking about the referendum on Proportional Representation, this is correct.  If it's about the EU referendum then that was 100% Cameron.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2019, 04:30:01 PM »

The current situation is Tory made?

They called the referendum?

What actually happened was the Tories presented their General Election manifesto with a pledge to hold a referendum.

So the people of the UK who voted for this pledge created the situation and called the referendum. Then the people of the UK reinforced that decision in the referendum itself.

Trying to twist this situation into a political party scenario blatantly ignores the will of the people.

Sure thing the Tories have contributed to the current situation but equally responsible are the negligent opposition, divisions across all parties and Euro hardliners.

Where's Wally?

https://www.conservatives.com/manifesto2015

I'll help you:

"We are clear about what we want from Europe. We say: yes to the Single Market. Yes to turbocharging free trade. Yes to working together where we are stronger together than alone. Yes to a family of nation states, all part of a European Union – but whose interests, crucially, are guaranteed whether inside the Euro or out. No to ‘ever closer union.’ No to a constant flow of power to Brussels. No to unnecessary interference."

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 21, 2019, 05:12:15 PM »

Guys, have we got the Politics thread & the IS schoolgirl threads mixed up?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 21, 2019, 06:26:20 PM »

I really don't believe Maggie would have done a "good job" handling brexit negotiations, this is no reflection on her, I'm sure she would be a much better and tougher negotiator than TM, but a "good job" of handling brexit just doesn't exist, it is 100% truly absolutely impossible, I fully believe this.

The situation isn't Tory made or Labour made, the UK political system is in dissaray and it's the fault of all parties, the system is falling to pieces and there is no sign of anyone fixing it any time soon.

Dave, I am pretty sure you ain't old enough to know. It can only be through hyperbole that you know Maggie?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 21, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »

Dave, I am pretty sure you ain't old enough to know. It can only be through hyperbole that you know Maggie?

Dave is the youngest looking guy in his 40s.  He knows.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 21, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »

Assuming you're talking about the referendum on Proportional Representation, this is correct.  If it's about the EU referendum then that was 100% Cameron.

Fair enough I must have got them mixed up.

I now feel almost as old as Teeks.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 22, 2019, 03:51:42 AM »

I just sometimes can't believe what I am reading. Be rest assured, what you have seen in the media is there to make us think she shouldn't come back. But I for one think she and her baby should be coming home at the earliest opportunity.

Even from those small snippets from the media, I genuinely think she realises she has made a mistake. You can see in one interview she is close to tears, she has in another admitted she wants to change & if you add it all up, IMO, it's pretty clear to me that she regrets it & knows she has fucked up. Whilst all of this is happening, nobody really know what her role was whilst she was in Sryia, and I for one think her going to Syria to help ISIS is horrid, she should be coming home.

There is also an argument that if she does come home, she probably will be jailed, but also potentially rehabilitated. This could potentially help us understand why and how people are turning to ISIS and other groups. That is surely a positive for everyone in the future. There are plenty of people who have been rehabilitated.

In all of this, is still an innocent baby. Bring her come, lock her up, give the child a future, and hope that she can turn her life around too.

We all make mistakes (however big this one is).
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 22, 2019, 05:25:07 AM »

Saw this status earlier on twitter and instantly thought of this thread.

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 22, 2019, 09:00:06 AM »

Saw this status earlier on twitter and instantly thought of this thread.

What we should be trying to do more than anything else is prove ourselves wrong, I know plenty of people know this but you wouldn’t think it from this or the political thread. I’m enjoying reading and listening to Jordan Peterson, William Buckley Jr and even Ben Shapiro atm.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 22, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »

I dont know about Thatcher no, my point was no reflection on her as a politician, my point is I dont believe ANYONE living or dead could handle brexit "well" i believe that it is impossible and given that i believe its impossible by extension i dont believe Maggie could have done it Smiley

I might be wrong but I really don't think I am !

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 26, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »

I don't know if this has been said but I cba to read through all of this :p

What bothers me about this story is how much attention it has got and how angry it has made people. What a waste of time, and what a fantastic scapegoat our government has found. Brexit going to shit, all sorts of social/economic problems and what is it that people have got all up in arms about? Some kid who none of us know, who will almost certainly affect none of our lives, and whether she should be allowed to come home or not, an issue that we have absolutely no say in. The majority have even managed to completely miss the issue here, which is that our government has decided to revoke her human rights as a citizen of the UK. Barely any discussion had on the ramifications of this, just a load of divisive fear-mongering hatred. Why? Why are these people not getting angry about frozen public sector pay, for example, which affects fuck knows how many people on a daily basis and seems to be universally accepted is wrong by everyone except the people who make that decision? Makes me despair for the human race, that we are this fickle, this determined to allow ourselves to be divided, this easily manipulated.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2019, 05:35:06 PM »

I don't know if this has been said but I cba to read through all of this :p

What bothers me about this story is how much attention it has got and how angry it has made people. What a waste of time, and what a fantastic scapegoat our government has found. Brexit going to shit, all sorts of social/economic problems and what is it that people have got all up in arms about? Some kid who none of us know, who will almost certainly affect none of our lives, and whether she should be allowed to come home or not, an issue that we have absolutely no say in. The majority have even managed to completely miss the issue here, which is that our government has decided to revoke her human rights as a citizen of the UK. Barely any discussion had on the ramifications of this, just a load of divisive fear-mongering hatred. Why? Why are these people not getting angry about frozen public sector pay, for example, which affects fuck knows how many people on a daily basis and seems to be universally accepted is wrong by everyone except the people who make that decision? Makes me despair for the human race, that we are this fickle, this determined to allow ourselves to be divided, this easily manipulated.

We didnt miss the ‘main issue’. Some just didnt give a shit whilst others did.....
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: