blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:08:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Danny Baker
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker  (Read 17064 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 02:12:32 PM »

Didn't Prince Harry once go to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi officer? Pretty sure he'd find the pic as funny as I did to be honest. Why can't it just be a comical picture?

I saw the pic and honestly wondered what the fuss was about. It was only when I had a read on here that I remembered that hairy primate apparently = dark skinned person so everybody gets offended.

Pretty pathetic in my opinion.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 02:15:27 PM »

I’d forgot the princess was black(sure hope I’m not offending anyone by saying that) and was wondering why people were upset
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 02:19:02 PM »

Didn't Prince Harry once go to a fancy dress party dressed as a Nazi officer? Pretty sure he'd find the pic as funny as I did to be honest. Why can't it just be a comical picture?

I saw the pic and honestly wondered what the fuss was about. It was only when I had a read on here that I remembered that hairy primate apparently = dark skinned person so everybody gets offended.

Was gonna say the same mate, but simply can’t be arsed these days tbh. I hope Danny Baker takes a stand and finds a way to sue the arse off the BBC for unfair dismissal.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 02:21:33 PM »

Do we know what time he posted that picture?

My guess would be after 10pm.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »

Lol anyone that is upset about this or thinks it’s racist is a moron

He explicitly equated a child with mixed race heritage to a monkey.

If he's not being racist he should be sacked anyway - for being stupid.

Where did he explicitly do that?  You did that, not him, he posted a picture with the caption "Royal baby leaves hospital", so any offensive content is only implicit.  He didn't add an explicit note saying he had chosen a monkey as the mother is mixed race.  And why if he was been explicitly racist, then why is the mother in the picture not mixed race, or portrayed as a monkey?  

I accept you can sack him for the post, as it was pretty dumb given some of the criticism Megan Markle has had.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 02:22:56 PM »

I think most of us don't see Princess Whatsit as "dark-skinned" or whatever the phrase is, she's just a person to most of us, albeit a Royal one now. 

Gill follows her avidly, so I get to hear her every move, I even took Gill "Meghan Spotting" to Kensington Palace one day. In all that time, Gill never mentioned Meghan was "dark-skinned" (jeez, have to be so careful) & I never even knew. And I think many of us are like that, who cares what colour she is?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 02:23:27 PM »

No, much earlier Ralph. It was before the football. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 02:27:15 PM »

Looks like it was 6.09pm; (see bottom left)

Click to see full-size image.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 02:39:04 PM »

I get that some things are blown up and that at times people take offence too easily but if I was black (happens I'm a little bit brown) and I saw that pic and caption I'd find it patently offensive.

If we had a first board director that was black in our company and someone posted a monkey in a business suit alongside a businessman in a monkey suit and welcomed our new director of whatever I'd expect that person to be sacked fairly sharpish.

sola virtus nobilitat
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 02:40:26 PM »

This thread reminded me of this 

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 02:41:34 PM »

I get that some things are blown up and that at times people take offence too easily but if I was black (happens I'm a little bit brown) and I saw that pic and caption I'd find it patently offensive.

If we had a first board director that was black in our company and someone posted a monkey in a business suit alongside a businessman in a monkey suit and welcomed our new director of whatever I'd expect that person to be sacked fairly sharpish.

Why is the women not a monkey in this picture
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 02:50:12 PM »

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/20/dear-alan-sugar-this-is-why-your-tweet-about-senegals-world-cup-team-is-racist-7646675/

Lol never saw this but why didn’t he get sacked

RACIST
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 02:51:01 PM »

Yes, agree, he had to go. Still don't think there was an iota of "intent" though, & I don't think he's remotely racist. 

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »

Adam M itt.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 02:55:31 PM »

Wonder how many people in here are disgusted by white people doing fancy dress as black people lol

What point are you trying to make here?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: