blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:15:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Danny Baker
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Danny Baker  (Read 17128 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2019, 02:56:03 PM »

Wonder how many people in here are disgusted by white people doing fancy dress as black people lol

What point are you trying to make here?

Stupid people too easily offended these days
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2019, 03:28:11 PM »

Why isn't it the people who assume that the child is being portrayed as a monkey because one of its parents is dark skinned that are racist? Why else would they jump to that conclusion?

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2019, 03:38:24 PM »

Ah the old classic, sorry but it's your fault if you felt offended with your silly diseased mind.

I don't understand what the joke is if there is no racial connotation? Class and demeanour makes no sense.

Good riddance.

Well that isn't what he said.

Once again. Sincere apologies for the stupid unthinking gag pic earlier. Was supposed to be joke about Royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted. Royal watching not my forte.

He says he was comparing the Royals to circus animals, which does make sense, doesn't it?   I am sure many have made the same comparison over the years.

He then states it was rightfuly deleeted, and later says it was an "enormous mistake, for sure. Grotesque."

I can see why he was sacked, just think it is all a bit sad.   If he had a whole bunch of previous then it would be different.  

His original "apology" before he engaged his brain.

Click to see full-size image.
Baker" border="0

I hadn't seen his explanation about the joke, agree he is probably not a racist and just an idiot. What a mean spirited image to post anyway of parents that have just had a child.

Amazes me that people in the public eye are this stupid. The perils of the booze I suppose.

You do understand that the image isn’t actually Harry and Meghan with their new baby.

It’s a storm in a teacup about a misjudged gag that most people will only see because others have reposted it.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2019, 03:45:12 PM »

Why isn't it the people who assume that the child is being portrayed as a monkey because one of its parents is dark skinned that are racist? Why else would they jump to that conclusion?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2019, 03:48:45 PM »

Dont be a dolt. In my case it's because I've heard black people equated to monkeys, heard monkey chants at football, seen gags about going back to the trees/jungle for over 50 years so if a black baby is welcomed with a picture of a monkey it's transparently racist, inadvertent or not. Noticing manifestations of racism. Eg lynchings, portrayal as sub human or animals is not racism.

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2019, 03:49:45 PM »

Dont be a dolt. In my case it's because I've heard black people equated to monkeys, heard monkey chants at football, seen gags about going back to the trees/jungle for over 50 years so if a black baby is welcomed with a picture of a monkey it's transparently racist, inadvertent or not. Noticing manifestations of racism. Eg lynchings, portrayal as sub human or animals is not racism. Its awareness.

sola virtus nobilitat
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »

Dont be a dolt. In my case it's because I've heard black people equated to monkeys, heard monkey chants at football, seen gags about going back to the trees/jungle for over 50 years so if a black baby is welcomed with a picture of a monkey it's transparently racist, inadvertent or not. Noticing manifestations of racism. Eg lynchings, portrayal as sub human or animals is not racism.

I almost always agree with you Glen, but not this time, and I'll tell you why.

Almost no one, me included, even sees Markle as black.

Baker doesn't have a track record.

I see myself as a 'Stand up to Racism' type of person but when I saw the pic I didn't make a racist connection, I just thought it was mildly amusing.

I think that jumping on every little supposed infraction will set the fight racism cause back, not forward. there are plenty of honest to God real examples to go around without having to guess or 'interpret'.

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2019, 04:17:19 PM »

If you have ever glanced at the Daily Mail since she has been with Harry then you would disagree.

They see her as very clearly black. The angry black woman who loves a feud, lavish things (how dare she) and thinks she belongs in our great British institution. Pffft, look at how much better Kate is. etc. etc.

So much so that Harry had to release a statement citing the "racial undertones of comment pieces". https://www.royal.uk/statement-communications-secretary-prince-harry

You might not see her as black Tom but plenty do and have made that fact very clear.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2019, 04:31:13 PM »

Where's Nirvana when you want him?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2019, 04:33:18 PM »

If you have ever glanced at the Daily Mail since she has been with Harry then you would disagree.

They see her as very clearly black. The angry black woman who loves a feud, lavish things (how dare she) and thinks she belongs in our great British institution. Pffft, look at how much better Kate is. etc. etc.

So much so that Harry had to release a statement citing the "racial undertones of comment pieces". https://www.royal.uk/statement-communications-secretary-prince-harry

You might not see her as black Tom but plenty do and have made that fact very clear.

I must admit to avoiding the Daily Mail wherever possible.

BTW I do think he should have has better sense, as should anyone who is in the public eye. It was an absolutely idiotic thing to do, but for someone to be fired from their job and branded a racist there should be no room for speculation regarding their motives.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2019, 04:51:09 PM »

Simple snowflakery as per

No mention of skin colour so frenzied luvvies infer context to quench an insatiable appetite for offence-taking and twitter train takes over.

National companies like BBC now make business strategy decisions based on Twitter feeds. Modern times I'm afraid.

Sure thing Nirvantz I've heard black folk referenced to monkeys for years too but I don't get it. Why are black folk like monkeys? Before I can take offence I need to understand the validity of that concept.

I also heard that blonde girls were stupid. Don't get that either. Why does the colour of your hair make a person more or less intelligent.

Need to appreciate the validity of such matters before I faint in shock when mentioned in passing by boozy radio presenters.  
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:52:49 PM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2019, 04:57:51 PM »

The other thing to mention is that poor wildlife creatures shouldn't be dressed in camel hair coats and bowler hats.

Personally frazzled with outrage here.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »

Sure thing Nirvantz I've heard black folk referenced to monkeys for years too but I don't get it. Why are black folk like monkeys? Before I can take offence I need to understand the validity of that concept.

Don't people use the term to brand black people as a sub species of human.

In their eyes, they should be seen as animals. Apes are a good comparison as you can look at them and think they are human but not like us really. Disease ridden and savage. They don't respect laws, monsters.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2019, 05:27:21 PM »

Don't people use the term to brand black people as a sub species of human.

In their eyes, they should be seen as animals. Apes are a good comparison as you can look at them and think they are human but not like us really. Disease ridden and savage. They don't respect laws, monsters.

I don’t think there’s any validity in that theory

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2019, 05:36:02 PM »

fck him he should have been sacked again for saying the bbc "literally threw me under the bus"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: