blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:37:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A thread about Zeus. Mainly started for people remotely interested in Zeus....
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A thread about Zeus. Mainly started for people remotely interested in Zeus....  (Read 8636 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2019, 08:58:21 AM »

I didn't want to detract from the 'eco' thread that seems to be gaining a bit of traction so here's a new thread for those who've asked about my new dog, Zeus.

Can someone with some power and authority move the dog related posts from there to here please?

Ta x

PS: If someone can tell me how to upload pictures to here I'll add a couple. Photobucket doesn't seem to do the trick these days.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »

I didn't want to detract from the 'eco' thread that seems to be gaining a bit of traction so here's a new thread for those who've asked about my new dog, Zeus.

Can someone with some power and authority move the dog related posts from there to here please?

Ta x

PS: If someone can tell me how to upload pictures to here I'll add a couple. Photobucket doesn't seem to do the trick these days.

I could try, but I'd probably wreck the thread or do some irreparable damage.

We'll have to get one of the tech-savvy Mods to do it, or, in their absence, Tom. Same with the photo uploading explanation. My method is a little agricultural.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »

So, back to my original question.

Zeus? ZEUS?

Have you gone all posh or something? Why "Zeus"?

I hope he does not possess a scythe.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2019, 09:17:52 AM »

Such a relief.

I only skim read the other thread, but thought "who the f calls their kid Zeus?"!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2019, 09:27:30 AM »

Such a relief.

I only skim read the other thread, but thought "who the f calls their kid Zeus?"!!

That would be a chap named Kronos, who made a habit of swallowing his children when they were born. 

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

He came with the name already attached.

We happened to find each other by chance really. I got talking to a mechanic at the local garage who I know quite well and somehow the conversation turned to dogs. We got talking about Ronnie and Rottweilers in general then he mentioned that his sister had two of them, one of whom she thought she would have to give up.

Her circumstances are quite sad really. Her other dog is Zeus' mum so she's had him literally since the day he was born. She separated from her husband and then found herself with two rottweilers, a child and a full time job. Sadly something had to give.....

She refused to send him somewhere unknown but when I came along she made the heart wrenching decision to do what she knew was best for the dog.

We'd first spoken about it in November of last year. I took him for a long weekend as a trial in April and we made it permanent in May.

I have to say she's done a wonderful job of raising him. His temperament is fantastic and he wouldn't hurt a fly. I can take him anywhere without worrying so we go to the local pub most Friday nights for a few pints. He's become a regular there and loads of people love to give him a fuss.

It's amazing how many people warm to a Rottweiler. I think it's because they have a bit of a reputation and also look a bit intimidating. Once people realise that he's just an over grown teddy bear they're all over him.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 09:28:41 AM »

So, back to my original question.

Zeus? ZEUS?

Have you gone all posh or something? Why "Zeus"?

I hope he does not possess a scythe.

A Rottweiler doesn't need a scythe.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 09:29:47 AM »

Ta x

I could try, but I'd probably wreck the thread or do some irreparable damage.

We'll have to get one of the tech-savvy Mods to do it, or, in their absence, Tom. Same with the photo uploading explanation. My method is a little agricultural.

It would be handy if we can do videos as well. I've got an absolute corker.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2019, 10:25:55 AM »

We happened to find each other by chance really. I got talking to a mechanic at the local garage who I know quite well and somehow the conversation turned to dogs. We got talking about Ronnie and Rottweilers in general then he mentioned that his sister had two of them, one of whom she thought she would have to give up.

Her circumstances are quite sad really. Her other dog is Zeus' mum so she's had him literally since the day he was born. She separated from her husband and then found herself with two rottweilers, a child and a full time job. Sadly something had to give.....

She refused to send him somewhere unknown but when I came along she made the heart wrenching decision to do what she knew was best for the dog.

We'd first spoken about it in November of last year. I took him for a long weekend as a trial in April and we made it permanent in May.

I have to say she's done a wonderful job of raising him. His temperament is fantastic and he wouldn't hurt a fly. I can take him anywhere without worrying so we go to the local pub most Friday nights for a few pints. He's become a regular there and loads of people love to give him a fuss.

It's amazing how many people warm to a Rottweiler. I think it's because they have a bit of a reputation and also look a bit intimidating. Once people realise that he's just an over grown teddy bear they're all over him.

I remember being shit scared the first time I saw Ronnie.

Have a Cane Corso now who sounds very similar to Zeus. Huge and mean looking but just an absolute sweetheart of a hound.

I’ve really loved this journey and learning experience with bigger breed dogs.

Did you think you would get another dog once Ronnie passed away?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »

Have a Cane Corso now who sounds very similar to Zeus. Huge and mean looking but just an absolute sweetheart of a hound.

Uncle Cos,

Is the Cane Torso the black one? Are the other 2 yours as well? (stolen from Twitter).

Click to see full-size image.

roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »

Such a relief.

That would be a chap named Kronos, who made a habit of swallowing his children when they were born. 

He did worse than that, to be fair it was a bit of a dis-functional family in general. More in-breeding than the Isle of Wight !
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »

Pictures of Zeus please
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 04:42:13 PM »

He was a bit of a beast though was big Ron. Such a loving boy with those he knew but also incredibly unpredictable with strangers. Perfect 99% of the time but as you come across more than 100 people on your daily walk there's no choice but to watch him like a hawk 100% of the time. I have to admit I was constantly on edge if we were in public and there were a lot of people around, not so much as he got to 7+ years old but even then you can never forget the odd time he showed what he was capable of in his early days.

Zeus is so much easier around people as he's just a softy. This doesn't mean he's better than Ronnie, just different. There were elements of Ronnie that were far better than Zeus, his recall and lead walking for example were amazing. I have to admit though it's lovely being able to go to the pub with him and have a couple of steady pints with the lads.

I had a dog break for about a year and a half after Ronnie died but I always knew I'd get another. For a while the freedom was nice, being able to do anything without first considering how it affected the dog was great and also going to the gym at whatever time suited my was good. I was also in the process of doing up a house which being dog free made much easier.

If Zeus hadn't come along I'd probably have been getting one around now anyway. I wasn't sure what to get and to be honest it probably wouldn't be a Rottie. My mum really didn't want me getting a big dog as she's quite weary of them so me going for a German Shepherd or Rottie wasn't going down too well.

She was horrified when she knew I was getting Zeus but then after she met him a few times she absolutely loves him and even plays fetch with him in the garden Smiley

Have you had your Cane Corso from a pup?

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »

Pictures of Zeus please

Instructions on how to insert pictures please.

I used to use photobucket but apparently that doesn't play ball any more.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »

Pictures of Zeus please

Instructions on how to insert pictures please.

I used to use photobucket but apparently that doesn't play ball any more.

I use the additional options whenever i want to upload from my lappy.No idea about smartphone uploading pictures gubbins.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: