blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:58:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 358934 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: May 27, 2020, 02:14:50 PM »

Hundreds of places worse to take Coronavirus than a hospital.

Worse places that you could go to, if you have Coronavirus and you aren’t acting maliciously? OK, what are they?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 27, 2020, 02:23:27 PM »

Worse places that you could go to, if you have Coronavirus and you aren’t acting maliciously? OK, what are they?

I’ll settle for one, if hundreds is too time consuming.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 27, 2020, 02:31:54 PM »

I’ll settle for one, if hundreds is too time consuming.

Of course it’s critical that you have come from the area with the highest incidence of infection, you are infected and have gone to a hospital in one of the parts of the country that has the lowest prevalence of infection.

(I read my posts back and although they clearly have that specific context, they look a bit silly unless it is clarified for the purpose of this conversation)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 27, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »

Hospitals are geared up (especially at present) to deal with infected people. Almost any other place you can mention isn’t  really.

Not that it matters. You are trying too hard to come up with a headline when you don’t need one.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 27, 2020, 02:43:18 PM »

Hospitals are geared up (especially at present) to deal with infected people. Almost any other place you can mention isn’t  really.

Not that it matters. You are trying too hard to come up with a headline when you don’t need one.

I have no interest in coming up with a headline. Hospitals are concentrations of vulnerable people. The conversation came about specifically because Cf made the very good point, that the possibility of ending up in hospital, in a place with very low rates infection, is about the best reason not to travel whilst infected, during a lockdown that there is.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 02:48:33 PM by kukushkin88 » Logged
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 27, 2020, 02:44:51 PM »

https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5-4d2c-9703-ff14942aa5b1

This is long but it is a lawyer going through the Cummings Statement.  What is said, why it is said, where it fails etc.  It feels pretty balanced to me.

This guy is my favourite person on Twitter (other than Marina H of course 😊)
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 27, 2020, 02:49:44 PM »

Hospitals are geared up (especially at present) to deal with infected people. Almost any other place you can mention isn’t  really.

I have no interest in coming up with a headline. Hospitals are concentrations of vulnerable people. The conversation came about specifically because Cf made the very good point, that the possibility of ending up in hospital, in a place with very low rates infection, is about the best reason not to travel during a lockdown that there is.

I think saying something is bad frames an opinion very well.
Trying to come up with a ranking system is pointless.

I know I being a bit of a dick, but I’m wholly fed up with all of the oxygen being used up on this, & the lack of attention or more important stuff.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2572 on: May 27, 2020, 02:54:50 PM »

I have no interest in coming up with a headline. Hospitals are concentrations of vulnerable people. The conversation came about specifically because Cf made the very good point, that the possibility of ending up in hospital, in a place with very low rates infection, is about the best reason not to travel during a lockdown that there is.

I know I being a bit of a dick, but I’m wholly fed up with all of the oxygen being used up on this, & the lack of attention or more important stuff.

There are not too many things that are more important than trust in the people that are advising you in times of crisis.

The older I get, the better I was.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 27, 2020, 02:57:13 PM »

I understand your frustration and share it a bit. He has introduced a whole host of problems with what he did though (comms/legal/credibility etc) and I don’t think it will go away for a while.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 27, 2020, 03:02:54 PM »

Hospitals are geared up (especially at present) to deal with infected people. Almost any other place you can mention isn’t  really.

There are not too many things that are more important than trust in the people that are advising you in times of crisis.

I understand the reasons it now has importance.
I just think it is a shame (or shameful) that it has taken up so much time & attention.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2575 on: May 27, 2020, 04:31:58 PM »

Boris absolutely refuses to answer direct questions re Cummins.

Shame on him.

The older I get, the better I was.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 27, 2020, 04:50:37 PM »

I understand the reasons it now has importance.
I just think it is a shame (or shameful) that it has taken up so much time & attention.

Look no further than the PM and his refusal to deal with the situation.

Blue text
neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2577 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:18 AM »

So with test, Trace Isolate - what would happen if everyone who got a positive test then said they met Dominic Cummings, even when it would be fairly obvious they hadn’t, he would have to isolate, same with Boris or any member of a football team you wanted to get relegated.

There is no legal framework to say that you have to tell the truth, there is no way that T, T & I will work.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 28, 2020, 09:17:39 AM »

There is no legal framework to say that you have to tell the truth, there is no way that T, T & I will work.

T, T & I is the same framework that is used at the beginning of every epidemic. It's used when sporadic cases of notifiable diseases surface i.e. this isn't a new system - people are used to administering this, it's just unusual for us to need it at this scale.

Things like cross referencing where people travelled compared with who they might remember meeting (and where they travelled) would rule out almost all of the malicious behaviour. As in what you say has to be in some way likely for that to work.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:19:17 AM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 28, 2020, 09:29:17 AM »

So with test, Trace Isolate - what would happen if everyone who got a positive test then said they met Dominic Cummings, even when it would be fairly obvious they hadn’t, he would have to isolate, same with Boris or any member of a football team you wanted to get relegated.

Everybody doesn't have to tell the truth, just most. 

If R is above 1 without contact tracing, 60% successful track and trace could be enough to get it below 1.  It is a bit like stay home; they know some people won't, but so long as most aren't selfish self serving weasels, then it works ok.   If everybody did their bit, it would all work quicker and we can move on quicker. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: