blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:59:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 359815 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3000 on: September 21, 2020, 11:48:28 PM »

the selfishness is quite incredible, but understandable i suppose

1 barnard castle lost the government a lot of compliance
2 people can't see how it will be enforced.
3 general conspiracy theory nut jobbing spread in social echo chambers eg gates, 5g, anti-vaxx etc
4 a big venn diagram overlap between libertarianism/anti authority and pro-brexit views...

1. Barnard Castle was a storm in a tiny tea cup, magnified by the fact that Cummings has plenty of enemies and it provided easy laughs for the so-called satirists on HIGNFY.

2. People need to see a few example cases of enforcement if they lack the imagination to see how it could be done. People returning from their trip to Magaluff or wherever and going out on the lash with their mates the night they get back need a solid bit of enforcement IMO. A gathering of seven from two houses in the garden, not so much.

3. How many people do you think are actually influenced by the bollox on fb etc? It seems unlikely that they are a major cause of any upswing in infections.

4. Wait, so all of the spread in infection numbers is down to people having pro-Brexit views? All those libertarians and anti authority folk who glue themselves to trains and throw statues into docks are pro-Brexit?

I’ll go back to being socially distanced and just visiting this thread for the content from doobs and JonMW now.

I think you would be surprised by number 3 perhaps. A lot of people get their 'news' from Facebook these days and don't really question sources.

100% agree, and one of my mates I mentioned earlier spends most of every day spamming stuff from Icke's site, or other members of his groovy gang.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: September 22, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »

3 general conspiracy theory nut jobbing spread in social echo chambers eg gates, 5g, anti-vaxx etc
4 a big venn diagram overlap between libertarianism/anti authority and pro-brexit views...

1. Barnard Castle was a storm in a tiny tea cup, magnified by the fact that Cummings has plenty of enemies and it provided easy laughs for the so-called satirists on HIGNFY.

2. People need to see a few example cases of enforcement if they lack the imagination to see how it could be done. People returning from their trip to Magaluff or wherever and going out on the lash with their mates the night they get back need a solid bit of enforcement IMO. A gathering of seven from two houses in the garden, not so much.

3. How many people do you think are actually influenced by the bollox on fb etc? It seems unlikely that they are a major cause of any upswing in infections.

4. Wait, so all of the spread in infection numbers is down to people having pro-Brexit views? All those libertarians and anti authority folk who glue themselves to trains and throw statues into docks are pro-Brexit?

I’ll go back to being socially distanced and just visiting this thread for the content from doobs and JonMW now.

thats interesting

completely disagree with you on 1 and 3, especially

2, well lets see it then!

4 i probably didn't express it very well. The anti-authority streak that has run across our society since 2016ish doesn't help compliance here

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: September 22, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »

Work from home 'if you can', minister Michael Gove tells people in England https://bbc.in/2FJ8haG

three weeks ago i believe we had Coronavirus: Campaign to encourage workers back to offices

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53942542

its very tough of course, but the comms is grim

My eyes are open wide
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: September 22, 2020, 10:26:37 AM »

Wow David Icke is still a thing?

I think you would be surprised by number 3 perhaps. A lot of people get their 'news' from Facebook these days and don't really question sources.

100% agree, and one of my mates I mentioned earlier spends most of every day spamming stuff from Icke's site, or other members of his groovy gang.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: September 22, 2020, 11:15:50 AM »

Unfortunately, yes.

All for the greater good, obviously.

That and tickets to his shows, and latest little novel.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: September 22, 2020, 11:27:22 AM »

So what is the end game ?

You are never going to get rid of a virus in a free society..its impossible..are we really saying we are going to yo yo until a vaccine ? months..years ?? never ?

Whats the nay sayers answer to all this then because we cant go on like this.

We seem to have lost sight and focus.

Originally the only purpose was not to stop or eradicate but to limit so the nhs didnt get overwhelmed. Even at its height the nhs were nowhere near overwhelmed, many of the nightingales remained unused. I assume those are still in place if needed.

You cannot stop infection or lower it to what is perceived as an acceptable level with us crawling all over each other.

Rule of 6? but what about more than 6 people at work ..more than 6 school kids together ..

Are we really surprised a rise in infections coincide with kids going back to school and people encouraged to go back to work..

has anyone got a shred of common sense anymore Huh?

This closing pubs etc early is just nonsense..covid doesnt have a watch.. the premise that people socially distance less the later it gets presumably because they have had a few drinks?..so what happens then ? they just pack in their quota of drinks into a shorter time probably making them even more drunk and even more likely to socially distance less ?

People are getting tired and fed up..i feel we are not too far away from civil unrest but then a few protests and riots should be fine much better than 7 people in a pub

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: September 22, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »

Think the end game is to annoy you and Glenn as much as possible.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: September 22, 2020, 11:35:14 AM »

At least they managed to achieve something Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: September 22, 2020, 11:46:47 AM »

At least they managed to achieve something Smiley

Grin

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: September 22, 2020, 11:48:18 AM »

Haha. Im barely following politics/covid now. Staying safe, being cautious, accepting a level of risk exists interacting with family or going to restaurants / pubs but life without these things isn't worth much too me given a finite amount of time left. The government can say, or legislate as much as they like and I will continue to live like I have since day 1. Luckily if I go out for a drink or food I'm always back before ten anyway 😊

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: September 22, 2020, 11:55:22 AM »

Same as that, life is not so far from normal that it's even worth moaning about, for me.

Be sensible, avoid places where people are likely to not be sensible, and just get on with it.

Also like to annoy my conspiracy theorist friend, when he starts whining about his latest facebook ban for posting crap on there.

I don't like masks, but needed to wear them on the flight, and in the common areas of my hotel in Turkey, so I did. No big deal, and I was asleep most of the flight anyway. Good practice for Vegas, as I imagine we'll have to wear them on there for a year or so.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:57:36 AM by Marky147 » Logged

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: September 22, 2020, 01:02:26 PM »

3 things jump out beyond what we were expecting already..

-PM says regime of restrictions will apply for next 6 months
- if R doesn't go back below 1, and people's behaviour doesn't change, then there will be 'significant' extra restrictions,
-reserves right to use military to help police with enforcement

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: September 22, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

We seem to have lost sight and focus.

Originally the only purpose was not to stop or eradicate but to limit so the nhs didnt get overwhelmed. Even at its height the nhs were nowhere near overwhelmed, many of the nightingales remained unused. I assume those are still in place if needed.

this outbreak started during late winter early spring when passing on of the virus would of been slowed down by the warming weather. And by the lockdown
we are now approaching autumn winter when viruses spread faster. if we fail to keep social distancing and some sort of lockdown the numbers from March and April will be dwarfed by the figures of December and January IMHO

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: September 22, 2020, 02:27:18 PM »

In the absence of a vaccine..are we not just delaying the inevitable ? in any kind of relaxed state people will get infected and numbers would rise just logic really.

Lockdowns and restrictions do not crush viruses.. just the people get infected at a slower rate but still infected..in the meantime we just implode financially and socially.

My biggest fear..the day we face a virus with an incubation period and a 30% death rate..GG society was nice knowing you

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: September 22, 2020, 08:23:24 PM »

Key line from Boris Johnson: “Never in our history has our collective destiny and our collective health depended so completely on our individual behaviour.”

PM’s whole statement was a call for us to all look out for each other. We all have a part to play.
With a nod to libertarian instincts

I fear though that too much politcal capital had been wasted in 2020 to ensure enough compliance

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 199 200 [201] 202 203 204 205 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: