blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:41:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 354134 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: March 18, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »

some of the schools locally to me have been partially closed last 2 days as teachers have had to isolate

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 18, 2020, 02:34:18 PM »

My daughter's school is shut for 2 complete years at a time.  It does not matter as my youngest got a cold last week, which means both aren't in anyway.   My wife has had to isolate as she is on the at risk.     This means I have to try and keep her apart from coughing child. My daughter who has nothing wrong right now is ready to kill her sister ("its the rules, not your sister").   

Inevitable that the schools closd completely just as my sick daughter is ready to return.

I don't even go to the pub much, but would happily spend a week there right now.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 18, 2020, 03:00:28 PM »

My daughter's school is shut for 2 complete years at a time.  It does not matter as my youngest got a cold last week, which means both aren't in anyway.   My wife has had to isolate as she is on the at risk.     This means I have to try and keep her apart from coughing child. My daughter who has nothing wrong right now is ready to kill her sister ("its the rules, not your sister").   

Inevitable that the schools closd completely just as my sick daughter is ready to return.

I don't even go to the pub much, but would happily spend a week there right now.

All the best with this, it’s going to be a difficult year. I hope it goes well for you + family.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: March 18, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »

They are backing themselves in to a corner by not announcing the number of fatalities. It’s 30 hours since the period that they released data for. If the plan is to avoid panic, then storing up a big number will surely be counterproductive in the end.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 18, 2020, 03:14:48 PM »

They are backing themselves in to a corner by not announcing the number of fatalities. It’s 30 hours since the period that they released data for. If the plan is to avoid panic, then storing up a big number will surely be counterproductive in the end.

They've released those numbers every day so far - why do you think it's not just delayed?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 18, 2020, 03:18:15 PM »

All the best with this, it’s going to be a difficult year. I hope it goes well for you + family.

From what you have said, you probably have at least as much to worry about.  we'll be fine.

I can still hide in a corner of the house and am still going to tesco every few days to stare at the empty shelves.   I know we aren't supposed to but I was following an old cougher and a sniffler in the queue last visit.  

Good luck to you.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 18, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »

They've released those numbers every day so far - why do you think it's not just delayed?

They already announced they weren"t going to update a few days ago and then backed down.   I assume he is talking yesterday's numbers that didn't appear at all.   Surely they can just produce an eatimate if there is an issue, or just say there was an issue, normal service will resume soon. 

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 18, 2020, 03:26:25 PM »

So yesterday evening they only released the numbers up to 09:00 of that day. That was a departure from the previous day, when they released them in real time in the evening. If they move to only announcing 09:00 to 09:00 from now on, then that seems sensible but storing up long periods like this could be troublesome going forward. Let’s see what they do, it’s a horrible situation and I have lots of sympathy for the people making the call.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 18, 2020, 03:27:52 PM »

So yesterday evening they only released the numbers up to 09:00 of that day. That was a departure from the previous day, when they released them in real time in the evening. If they move to only announcing 09:00 to 09:00 from now on, then that seems sensible but storing up long periods like this could be troublesome going forward. Let’s see what they do, it’s a horrible situation and I have lots of sympathy for the people making the call.

I am talking only about the fatalities on this.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 18, 2020, 03:28:48 PM »

They already announced they weren"t going to update a few days ago and then backed down.   I assume he is talking yesterday's numbers that didn't appear at all.   Surely they can just produce an eatimate if there is an issue, or just say there was an issue, normal service will resume soon. 

Wasn't their 16 yesterday?

And I always interpreted the announcement they backed down on as that they were only going to give weekly numbers for everything rather than daily (not that they weren't going to give them at all). But as they u-turned it's hard to be sure which interpretation is right.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 18, 2020, 03:39:16 PM »

Wasn't their 16 yesterday?

And I always interpreted the announcement they backed down on as that they were only going to give weekly numbers for everything rather than daily (not that they weren't going to give them at all). But as they u-turned it's hard to be sure which interpretation is right.

There were 16, up to 09:00 yesterday morning, they haven’t released data on fatalities for the period since. They surely knew they wouldn’t get away with being the only country not to update daily. As I say, if they move to 09:00 to 09:00 reporting then that seems sensible enough.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2020, 03:55:21 PM »

This is good, for a donut like me.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2020, 05:07:54 PM »

Imagine if we tracked every death from a specific thing minute in minute out.

Should have a counter for cancer deaths on the front of every paper every day

sola virtus nobilitat
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2020, 05:17:25 PM »

Think this is a pretty crap post, Glenn. I'd like to say you make loads, but unfortunately can't Cheesy

You not think it's quite important to track something that is spreading rapidly, which we're trying to contain, and don't have any kind of treatment for at present?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2020, 05:21:12 PM »

Think this is a pretty crap post, Glenn. I'd like to say you make loads, but unfortunately can't Cheesy

You not think it's quite important to track something that is spreading rapidly, which we're trying to contain, and don't have any kind of treatment for at present?

Of course they are tracking it, whether it’s it’s communicated at 9am or 5pm makes no difference to the public,  it’s just the same people that look to pick at the Tories are doing at every opportunity, you must be used to it by now....I am.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: