blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:01:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 356728 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2020, 02:59:09 PM »

Did they release numbers today?

I don't know, but they have reversed their earlier stance and are planning to release daily updates again.

FWIW There was a case reported in South Africa earlier Tikay

Pleased to see my bokking powers remain intact.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »

Did they release numbers today?

I don't know, but they have reversed their earlier stance and are planning to release daily updates again.

FWIW There was a case reported in South Africa earlier Tikay

Pleased to see my bokking powers remain intact.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »

^^^^

Ha, thought that might be wholly wasted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2020, 03:24:08 PM »

Betfair market still managing to go wild in all directions on a delay in getting the numbers

It's like when they call out "no more bets" at a roulette table
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2020, 03:29:42 PM »

Broken the 2.5m mark today, too.

If it drifts again I'm completely greening out as I can't see it getting cancelled now.

SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2020, 04:04:57 PM »

115 cases now in the UK, smaller jump than anticipated.

Yes is surging shorter on betfair.
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »

Boris Johnson and the Tories appear to be taking a position of let the virus take its course through the population.  I wonder how many of their pensioner voters realise now how important the NHS and caring for other people is.

I couldn't give a shit if I personally get infected, I am not in a vulnerable group and I can easily self isolate for 1 month.  I just don't want to infect my loved ones or anyone else.

If I was a rich man or woman over the age of 70 I would definitely **** off right now to a hot climate.  It's not been given as advice anywhere but everything I have analysed says to me that is the smart thing to do.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2020, 10:03:38 PM »

Boris Johnson and the Tories appear to be taking a position of let the virus take its course through the population.  I wonder how many of their pensioner voters realise now how important the NHS and caring for other people is.

I couldn't give a shit if I personally get infected, I am not in a vulnerable group and I can easily self isolate for 1 month.  I just don't want to infect my loved ones or anyone else.

If I was a rich man or woman over the age of 70 I would definitely **** off right now to a hot climate.  It's not been given as advice anywhere but everything I have analysed says to me that is the smart thing to do.

Jayzuuuz effing C.....drama queen much? Do you work for the Daily Mail or something? The disease WILL take its course regardless of government intervention whether tory or labour....it is what it is. Don’t think any govt would be better that another....they wouldn’t.

My mum is 86 and pretty well off and she isn’t going anywhere so stop spouting bollox mate....  talktothehand
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2020, 11:04:53 PM »

Jayzuuuz effing C.....drama queen much? Do you work for the Daily Mail or something? The disease WILL take its course regardless of government intervention whether tory or labour....it is what it is. Don’t think any govt would be better that another....they wouldn’t.

My mum is 86 and pretty well off and she isn’t going anywhere so stop spouting bollox mate....  talktothehand

Look at the WHO data on infection rates. Countries with high temperatures are not spreading this virus.  It it prospering in colder climates.  I take that as solid evidence it has a problem with the higher temps.

If you took offence at the suggestion the Tories are considering a harder line on this thing then I point you to Boris Johnsons comments today on This Morning

"He told ITV's This Morning programme: "One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51749352

You cannot state as a fact that all Governments would have an identical response or that this virus situation would play out identically to every different response.  What would a Corbyn government have done in this situation?  Nobody knows.  He was big on funding the NHS and looking after people though, and lots of other countrys in Europe that have a problem with infections have taken restrictions to slow the spread of the virus.  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 11:13:28 PM by SuperJez » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2020, 11:18:57 PM »

My mum is 86 and pretty well off and she isn’t going anywhere so stop spouting bollox mate....  talktothehand

Look at the WHO data on infection rates. Countries with high temperatures are not spreading this virus.  It it prospering in colder climates.  I take that as solid evidence it has a problem with the higher temps.

If you took offence at the suggestion the Tories are considering a harder line on this thing then I point you to Boris Johnsons comments today on This Morning

"He told ITV's This Morning programme: "One of the theories is perhaps you could take it on the chin, take it all in one go and allow the disease to move through the population without really taking as many draconian measures. I think we need to strike a balance.""

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51749352

You cannot state as a fact that all Governments would have an identical response or that this virus situation would play out identically to every different response.  What would a Corbyn government have done in this situation?  Nobody knows.  He was big on funding the NHS and looking after people though, and lots of other countrys in Europe that have a problem with infections have taken restrictions to slow the spread of the virus.

No, you're spouting bollocks.

FYP

The older I get, the better I was.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2020, 11:36:17 PM »

All this talk of don't worry, it'll only kill the old and vulnerable doesn't do much for me really. Everyone else will just be laid up for weeks and nearly dying, but escaping. That sounds like something I'd quite like to avoid too if possible.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2020, 02:24:03 AM »

Be funny if it wasn't so mental.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2020, 09:56:01 AM »

All this talk of don't worry, it'll only kill the old and vulnerable doesn't do much for me really. Everyone else will just be laid up for weeks and nearly dying, but escaping. That sounds like something I'd quite like to avoid too if possible.

Everyone else won't be nearly dying, most young people should just get flu like symptoms.

If 5% of the population with the virus will need intensive care (current estimate), how does the NHS cope when we have a million new cases a week?  At current growth rates that could be as early as May/June. 

We have 4,000 intensive care beds and many of those will be out of action through staff sickness and maybe patients from the week before.

The UK chief medical officer has stated this morning that they think mortality is under 1%, and Trump has that hunch too :/

1% may well be curently true, but is it going to be 1% in June and July?  I think we really have to hope the hot weather does slow it down/kill the virus.  I think there is good evidence it does, and it isn't somebody spouting bollocks, as the spread seems slower in the likes of Singapore.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2020, 01:15:44 PM »

First case reported in Nottingham! Batten down the hatches, defcon 5 and bring the army in!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »

i have taken precautions and taken my PC offline till norton comes up with protect against this virus

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: