blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  COVID19
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 305 Go Down Print
Author Topic: COVID19  (Read 353815 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 24, 2020, 10:11:19 AM »

I've been offered furlough by my employer for 2-3 months until business resumes. I will get the 80% of wages that government is guaranteeing. Interestingly the employer doesn't have to top the rest up to your wages and I don't imagine many are!

I'm in hospitality industry and was 100% getting the tin-tack so snapcalled.

Do you mind me asking if they are paying you as normal or not until they receive the funds from HMRC?

Thanks

Bank meeting at 3pm for me.

Leggo!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 24, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »

Do you mind me asking if they are paying you as normal or not until they receive the funds from HMRC?

Wetherspoons' approach:

Click to see full-size image.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 24, 2020, 11:59:02 AM »

Ed Davey is putting an urgent question to the Chancellor at 12:30 today regarding support for the self-employed.

https://twitter.com/HouseofCommons/status/1242412806105899009
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 24, 2020, 12:12:02 PM »

I've been offered furlough by my employer for 2-3 months until business resumes. I will get the 80% of wages that government is guaranteeing. Interestingly the employer doesn't have to top the rest up to your wages and I don't imagine many are!

Thanks

Bank meeting at 3pm for me.

Leggo!

Sure no problem.

Yes I am being paid as usual, my company is in a position to cover until they get the money back. I know a lot of small companies aren't able to, and others won't. Wetherspoons are acting fucking outrageously given their size as they are waiving commercial rents for the next quarter as a landlord!
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:00 PM »

Wetherspoons' approach:

Click to see full-size image.

Shock!

Guy is an utter twat.

Blue text
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 24, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »

Seems crazy for spoons to lose all this pr and their place in the top 100 employers list everyyear over what is effectvely a £1500 loan to 40000 workers interest free for 6 weeks before the government ships it straght back to their bank risk free?  am i missing something?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 24, 2020, 01:21:15 PM »

I don't imagine many can....

I employ 20 people of which 12 are permanently based on sites carrying out installation work. As of right now there are 3 remaining on site carrying out essential work and myself plus one other on the office supporting them.

The furlough payment is great for the employees but not so great for the employer. Lots of people are crying for the self-employed (myself included) but Company owners are in the same position but on a larger scale.

My Company isn't huge but our weekly outgoings are around £3k per week if we are totally closed and everyone is furloughed.

Our payroll is in the region of £10k per week but let's drop that to £8k as we're all furloughed.

That's £11k going out per week of which £3k is pure loss and £8k can be claimed back at an undefined time possibly end of April.

Drag this out to the end of April and that's £55k I have to find before I get anything back

We're in the fortunate position that we have reasonably strong cash reserves but many won't be. Even as a strong Company I have my concerns if this goes on for long and we have zero income so others will be having an absolutely terrible time.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 24, 2020, 01:40:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1242364536365211648

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 24, 2020, 01:45:14 PM »

Dopey old mare.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 24, 2020, 01:53:30 PM »

I employ 20 people of which 12 are permanently based on sites carrying out installation work. As of right now there are 3 remaining on site carrying out essential work and myself plus one other on the office supporting them.

The furlough payment is great for the employees but not so great for the employer. Lots of people are crying for the self-employed (myself included) but Company owners are in the same position but on a larger scale.

My Company isn't huge but our weekly outgoings are around £3k per week if we are totally closed and everyone is furloughed.

Our payroll is in the region of £10k per week but let's drop that to £8k as we're all furloughed.

That's £11k going out per week of which £3k is pure loss and £8k can be claimed back at an undefined time possibly end of April.

Drag this out to the end of April and that's £55k I have to find before I get anything back

We're in the fortunate position that we have reasonably strong cash reserves but many won't be. Even as a strong Company I have my concerns if this goes on for long and we have zero income so others will be having an absolutely terrible time.

I hear your point with smaller businesses but long term market leaders like spoons in huge volume low margin businesses are going to have it riight off long term out of this virus.  They got the cash flow and banking facilities to get whatever cash they need to pay their staff then claim it back.   Once its all over they will be mopping up customers from all over tthe place from other pubs which went skint and/or buying these locations up themselves.  I just don't get the short sightedness of spoons here for what is effectviely a 6 week risk free advancement of wages.   There is 0% chance of them not getting t back froom boris so any lender will happily lend them the money even if they didn't have it on hand to pay their staff.   Never mind the huge cost of them recruitting new staff after thousands have left.  Maybe Tim Martin is a lot more dumb than i ever thought.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 24, 2020, 02:07:38 PM »

has the gov set up the furloughed workers scheme cant find the application anywhere

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 24, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »

I hear your point with smaller businesses but long term market leaders like spoons in huge volume low margin businesses are going to have it riight off long term out of this virus.  They got the cash flow and banking facilities to get whatever cash they need to pay their staff then claim it back.   Once its all over they will be mopping up customers from all over tthe place from other pubs which went skint and/or buying these locations up themselves.  I just don't get the short sightedness of spoons here for what is effectviely a 6 week risk free advancement of wages.   There is 0% chance of them not getting t back froom boris so any lender will happily lend them the money even if they didn't have it on hand to pay their staff.   Never mind the huge cost of them recruitting new staff after thousands have left.  Maybe Tim Martin is a lot more dumb than i ever thought.

Be fair, ‘spoons only made £102,500,000 last year.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 24, 2020, 03:46:50 PM »

No matter who we support, what our political allegiances are, how we like our bread buttered etc

I'm sure we can all agree that Tim Martin is an utter cockwomble and a shitstain on society.

Best Bitter.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 24, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »

Tim Martin is being a short sighted fool.

We have four admin staff, one being furloughed but we'll top up to give her 100% of salary.

Only the decent thing to do if you have the financially ability to pay it.
dakky

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 24, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »

finally some good news for the self employed, which is a relief

80% of net  monthly earnings to be paid , taken as an average from last 3 years

or £2947 whichever is lower

Is this confirmed?

Any links as would like to share if true.

No. This was an amendment to the bill that passed but it didn't get voted on.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 305 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: